Pride Park Goes Cashless

DarkFruitsRam7

1 minute ago, David said:

Can't remember the last time I used a cash point, or even carried cash on me.

Would speed up the service no end, contactless is so quick and easy, doesn't make sense to have young staff messing around with change whilst trying to serve hundreds of fans in a short space of time.

I always do and frankly I see loads of people pay by cash.

22 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I already email them complain about this frankly wont cant they do card and cash that is morden world and people like my self dont like using cards.

But why? Why don’t you like using cards. Surely it’s super easy to just get your card out in a busy queue and flash it at a card reader, rather than fiddle about with change?

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The issue is that if all money is electronic, the Government or the banks can end your access to it or dictate how you're allowed to spend it. That's why cash has its uses and one reason why cryptocurrencies were invented.

No surprise this is happening at Pride Park as the year we've had has accelerated the change, but it makes me think about the notion mentioned elsewhere of specific cryptocurrencies for clubs and if this could be a way of investing in DCFC and the local area.

I think the first, most obvious thing that will change will be an end to interest on savings. If you can't put it under the mattress, they will stop incentivising interest on your bank savings. 

Then will be a monthly charge for your account. The banks can charge you for holding your money. What could you do about it? 

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

I love the comments under that tweet. "Bad news for the working class", like bank accounts and debit cards are a new invention for the elite.

‘The billionaires are all dodging their taxes’, says the working class man taking cash in hand. 

move always been more than happy with a cashless society. As with all things where ‘oh, the big bad government can track everything you do.’ That’s fine, my life is pretty standard, I don’t do anything worth tracking. I’m happy to be tracked if it means criminals and tax dodgers are also being tracked. 

surely anyone who doesn’t want to be tracked is, by definition, someone worth tracking. 

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I think the first, most obvious thing that will change will be an end to interest on savings. If you can't put it under the mattress, they will stop incentivising interest on your bank savings. 

Then will be a monthly charge for your account. The banks can charge you for holding your money. What could you do about it? 

Competition would mean you’d still give your money to the bank that charges less and gives you more. Banks aren’t only competing with under your bed, they’re competing with each other. 

and interest is next to zero now anyway. Savings are are pretty pointless investment. On about £20k in the bank I’m going to earn about £50 interest in a year in the highest yield savings account Martin Lewis can find for me. 

16 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

But why? Why don’t you like using cards. Surely it’s super easy to just get your card out in a busy queue and flash it at a card reader, rather than fiddle about with change?

I just hand in notes and if knew chip and pin thing card reader they can get there card details off it.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I just hand in notes and if knew chip and pin thing card reader they can get there card details off it.

Who’s they?

are you able to count your change when you get it back in a busy queue, or do you just assume it’s right. What do you do with all the change, if you pay for everything with notes? Where do you get the notes from? Paying by card would save you a trip to the cash machine. 

Just now, TigerTedd said:

Who’s they?

are you able to count your change when you get it back in a busy queue, or do you just assume it’s right. What do you do with all the change, if you pay for everything with notes? Where do you get the notes from? Paying by card would save you a trip to the cash machine. 

Not just that my memory not very good and I dont want to lose and been many times I throught I had I rather leave it at home were it is safe.

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Who’s they?

Scammers

We get trained in this at work also

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I already email them complain about this frankly wont cant they do card and cash that is morden world and people like my self dont like using cards.

I think the fact it's the modern world is partly why they are going cashless ... that and covid .

I don't think they should go cashless but should definitely encourage the use of contactless payments where possible. I would imagine the elderly wouldn't all be carrying around debit cards or have smart phones to pay at the till and some people do feel more comfortable getting money out at the cash point at the beginning of the week so they can stick to that amount. This is more likely to be something you do when tight on money and needing to keep a track of your outgoings rather than just tapping on a card machine. 

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Competition would mean you’d still give your money to the bank that charges less and gives you more. Banks aren’t only competing with under your bed, they’re competing with each other. 

and interest is next to zero now anyway. Savings are are pretty pointless investment. On about £20k in the bank I’m going to earn about £50 interest in a year in the highest yield savings account Martin Lewis can find for me. 

Don't leave money in the bank. Well, no more than about 6 weeks expenditure.