Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

16 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Might be a bit late here. Is it right that we weren't able to resign Davies by 31st so now he's classed as a new player.( despite our overlords at the EFL stopping us doing this) so now we can only bring in 3 players for a 3rd of the wages the EFL agreed a couple of weeks ago. 

No-one really knows wtf is going on at the EFL - they've got us on strings, they don't care. Got Reading fairly tied tight too.

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

Our Embargo will only allow us loans at 6 months and not a full season.

Yeh I understand that, but its always been that we wanted him on a season long loan despite those restrictions but now its changed to a 6 month loan. Seems like he could be one of the first players in, I thought we would wait until we could get him on a season loan

I haven't a clue how this transfer embargo works and the full details of how many players we can bring in. Currently at the club we have 17 players that are ours and that have played 1st team football for us last season (Not counting the F.A. cup game against Chorley). Those players being Marshall, Roos, Ebosele, Byrne, Forsyth, Mcdonald, Buchanan, Watson, Bird, Sibley, Shinnie, Lawrence, Bielik, Knight, Jozwiak, Kazim-Richards and Stretton. I would imagine Hutchinson will be part of our 1st team and maybe a couple of other youngsters.

So if we promote a couple of kids and Hutchinson into the senior team, how many free agents can we sign. My understanding is the requirement of at least 23 squad players. So does that mean we can only sign 3 free agents and can we take on loans on top of this?

And are we trying to negotiate a bigger squad with the EFL without Gibson (Boro chairman) throwing his dolly out the pram.

As I understand it Hutchinson was already counted as one of the players of ‘professional standing’ due to his EFL experience at Southend. There is one other but can’t, from your list work out who it is?

So….

If Cashin, Williams, Thompson or Solomon played a league game before the embargo is lifted or before we made any signings from the ‘trialists’ then they would also count towards the current squad.

As it stands we can make 4 (maybe 5) signings but if one of those mentioned plays before the embargo is lifted it would become 3 (maybe 4) allowed….if 2 play it becomes 2 (maybe 3)….if 3 play it becomes 1 (maybe 2)….etc etc 

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

20 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

As I understand it Hutchinson was already counted as one of the players of ‘professional standing’ due to his EFL experience at Southend. There is one other but can’t, from your list work out who it is?

So….

If Cashin, Williams, Thompson or Solomon played a league game before the embargo is lifted or before we made any signings from the ‘trialists’ then they would also count towards the current squad.

As it stands we can make 4 (maybe 5) signings but if one of those mentioned plays before the embargo is lifted it would become 3 (maybe 4) allowed….if 2 play it becomes 2 (maybe 3)….if 3 play it becomes 1 (maybe 2)….etc etc 

Some rules are unhelpful to say the least.

51 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I haven't a clue how this transfer embargo works and the full details of how many players we can bring in. Currently at the club we have 17 players that are ours and that have played 1st team football for us last season (Not counting the F.A. cup game against Chorley). Those players being Marshall, Roos, Ebosele, Byrne, Forsyth, Mcdonald, Buchanan, Watson, Bird, Sibley, Shinnie, Lawrence, Bielik, Knight, Jozwiak, Kazim-Richards and Stretton. I would imagine Hutchinson will be part of our 1st team and maybe a couple of other youngsters.

So if we promote a couple of kids and Hutchinson into the senior team, how many free agents can we sign. My understanding is the requirement of at least 23 squad players. So does that mean we can only sign 3 free agents and can we take on loans on top of this?

And are we trying to negotiate a bigger squad with the EFL without Gibson (Boro chairman) throwing his dolly out the pram.

Hutchinson & J. Brown both count to the players of professional standing

Maybe I'm being a bit naive on this one - I assume the players we have on trial don't want to sign until they can get a 2/3 year contract on some better money than the (reported) £4,500 a week we can currently offer them?

Couldn't we offer then a weekly rolling contract? Then 3/4 of them could play the first few games and then once the situation is resolved we sign then onto a longer contract

All questions for Mel - apols if similar ones have been posted

There has been much speculation in the media even from outlets you have been close to (Talksport) about our financial position with comments by Simon Jordan such as “all roads lead to administration”, if you cannot find a buyer is administration a real possibility? 

What will change this week that will enable us to sign players ahead of the first game? What restrictions are we currently working under and what needs to happen to remove those restrictions?

There is an extremely negative perception of this club outside of Derby and even from some Derby fans due to the EFL dispute. We have been trusting the club’s stance on this that it is all the EFL and we are being victimised but as the other party involved in this situation, what in your view could we have done differently both in our dealings with the EFL and how we approached P&S to avoid this situation, and why are the majority other clubs seemingly able to avoid disputes with the EFL?

Edited by BramcoteRam84

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Would love to know how Alan Nixon from The Sun knows more about the goings on behind the scenes at Derby than anyone else. 

Lovely bit of cash in hand/anonymous bank transfer to whoever gives him some info. The juicier the gossip, the larger the amount.