Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If the EFL has changed the 11.5k a week to 4.5k a week, its time we sit up and realise the EFL are doing everything in their power to not only relegate us, but put us out of business, which we know damn well would probably be the end game of being relegated.

I have no idea what we can do as fans, apart from suffer while Mel and Parry sword fight with their tackle, but honestly if we dont do something I fear we wont have a club to support, at least as we know it, in a couple of years.

If this reduction is wage is true, there is a second question. Is the £4.5 for everyone or just for us. I seem to remember someone saying Reading could pay higher wages than us

33 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Can't we circumnavigate that by offering new signings alternate ways of bumping their salary up that's not directly linked to their weekly pay?

Like appearance bonuses, assist and goal bonuses? Or name begins with a certain letter bonus? Of course the bonus would then be a regular payment but would still be classified as a bonus. 

If the EFL is playing by fluid rules then surely there's ways of us counteracting those without breaking the letter of them

I think it would certainly be better for the club and also a true incentive for the player. However I am not sure the players and or agents would agree unfortunately.

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They can only do this whilst we're under embargo - and that's why they're playing 'so tough', to encourage teams not to get into an embargo-situation.

Agreed Roy,  yes efl are making a statement with us BUT if mel hadn't been an idiot and caused us to have about 17 different rule breaks the efl wouldn't be doing this 

56 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Can't we circumnavigate that by offering new signings alternate ways of bumping their salary up that's not directly linked to their weekly pay?

Like appearance bonuses, assist and goal bonuses? Or name begins with a certain letter bonus? Of course the bonus would then be a regular payment but would still be classified as a bonus. 

Isn't that what Rangers were doing in the SPL when they got wound up/demoted?

21 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Perhaps the club should pay the max of 4.5k per week and Mel should also take them on as a home help at 7k per week. 

Do you think fans are starting to realise that RD and Chris Cole and the club gave us false hope. 

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Do you think fans are starting to realise that RD and Chris Cole and the club gave us false hope. 

We're under embargo for 4 reasons. 3 of them rely on the EFL being happy with our accounts / P&S calculations. They clearly are not.

The other one was HMRC. It appears we had hoped a payment towards clearing the full amount would have eased the restrictions. Either we haven't paid it yet, or the EFL won't ease restrictions until the full amount is paid.

There isn't much we can do at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We're under embargo for 4 reasons. 3 of them rely on the EFL being happy with our accounts / P&S calculations. They clearly are not.

The other one was HMRC. It appears we had hoped a payment towards clearing the full amount would have eased the restrictions. Either we haven't paid it yet, or the EFL won't ease restrictions until the full amount is paid.

There isn't much we can do at the moment.

So realism is what’s needed. 

The EFL won’t relent and are clearly not happy with our discussions with them 

Only play players who we have on the books. 

If we play trial players  against Notts I will be disappointed .

Huddersfield is one week away. 

Edited by Curtains

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

So realism is what’s needed. 

Only play players who we have on the books. 

If we play trial players  again Notts I will be disappointed .

Huddersfield is one week away. 

Yep,Rooney needs to be realistic,if they are not going to be signed we need to use our actual players

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Well it’s a barrel of laughs round here this morning. Think I best hide all the sharp instruments 

That might be because the club we all love could be staring at relegation before a balls even be kicked and is a total laughing stock 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

That might be because the club we all love could be staring at relegation before a balls even be kicked and is a total laughing stock 

You say laughing stock, but all clubs are laughing stocks for whatever reason.

We laughed for years when Fawaz was at Forest.

We laugh when Forest lose.

We laugh when Leeds get knocked out of the cup.

We laugh we Wycombe try to push for a points deduction to be applied immediately as they wasn’t good enough to stay up.

I’m laughing at Man City spending £100m on Jack Grealish.

I mean if you don’t like being part of a club that’s laughed at, football isn’t for you. 

Honestly couldn’t care less if Boro, Leeds, Bristol City and Forest fans are all laughing at us. Not one bit.

19 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Not quite sure how we are starting at relegation. Nobody knows how the season will pan out