Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

18 hours ago, Gaspode said:

The longer this riudiculous situation drags on the more likely it it that the EFL lift the embargo just as the August tranfer window shuts (or possibly after the January window to really hammer it home) - Mel could have 'I love the EFL' tattooed on his backside and parade starkers outside Buckingham Palace and they'd still keep on with their vindictive crusade. An utterly pathetic organisation that day by day shows it is unfit to govern the game and that needs replacing asap......

On the other hand, if the conditions for lifting the embargo haven't been met yet, then that might explain something.

21 hours ago, Curtains said:

No point In meeting if NDA signed lol

I actually think that on reflection the meeting needs to go ahead as it’s in the EFL rules for clubs to hold  these meetings .

I hope it’s productive for the fans and as I say I’m sure David will do a good job representing the forum 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

On the other hand, if the conditions for lifting the embargo haven't been met yet, then that might explain something.

I'm sure that's the case - but there's a suspicion that the EFL will object and block us whatever we do - and with the lack of clarity in their rules and their apparent ability to randomly alter regulations, there's every chance that will carry on as long as 'other parties' have their ear.....

4 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

So after the 4 trialists we've signed how many more can we sign? 1? 2?

or has the number of players we can sign increased?

Think the real answer is, nobody really knows. Seems like it's an everchanging situation which the EFL largely dictate, however we've been told a few times we were only allowed to sign 4, which with Allsop, Davies, Stearman and now Morrison, is all filled.

If we let go of "professional standing" players, we should be able to then replace them, although the £4.5k wage cap probably still stands. Hopefully Marshall goes, he's not going to get a look in it seems and is just using up a space.

All the players used today were already deemed as professional standing players, however if any of the other subs came on then we'd be over our allocation which I imagine would rule out any chance of additional players until we remove the embargo reasons.

The date for our resubmission of accounts is next week. I'm sure that this will allow the embargo to be lifted or softened before the end of the transfer window. In which case we should be able to sign more players on a less restrictive salary cap.

Perhaps we can move Marshall out too and this will also free up a space before then.

The limit on players of a professional standing is a red herring. We need to clear the charges and be allowed to operate again to really make a difference. This should be our priority.

It's really annoying if we can't sign anymore. If we could just get Jagielka, Carroll and Baldock(or someone similar) in then I think we'd actually have an OK team.

Jagielka would sort out our problem defending set-pieces, Carroll could help our problem keeping possession in midfield, hopefully Morrison can do this but I'm not getting my hopes up, and we need cover up front because if CKR gets injured we're in a lot of trouble.

39 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Think the real answer is, nobody really knows. Seems like it's an everchanging situation which the EFL largely dictate, however we've been told a few times we were only allowed to sign 4, which with Allsop, Davies, Stearman and now Morrison, is all filled.

If we let go of "professional standing" players, we should be able to then replace them, although the £4.5k wage cap probably still stands. Hopefully Marshall goes, he's not going to get a look in it seems and is just using up a space.

All the players used today were already deemed as professional standing players, however if any of the other subs came on then we'd be over our allocation which I imagine would rule out any chance of additional players until we remove the embargo reasons.

On the converse side of that, now we have our full complement of 'players of professional standing' it should mean we can bring on the young players who haven't previously played if needed without affecting that number going forward? 

4 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Christ. Why was Alsopp so urgent?

Might be as simple as he had another club waiting and we need cover for Roos - we might be hoping to either sell or release Marshall to free  up a chunk of his wages for others? 

Edited by Sparkle

1 minute ago, angieram said:

On the converse side of that, now we have our full complement of 'players of professional standing' it should mean we can bring on the young players who haven't previously played if needed without affecting that number going forward? 

I agree at some point but probably when the transfer window has closed maybe?

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Might be as simple as he had another club waiting and we need cover for Roos - we might be hoping to either sell or release Marshall to fre up a chunk of his wages for others? 

That was my guess too

10 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

It's really annoying if we can't sign anymore. If we could just get Jagielka, Carroll and Baldock(or someone similar) in then I think we'd actually have an OK team.

Jagielka would sort out our problem defending set-pieces, Carroll could help our problem keeping possession in midfield, hopefully Morrison can do this but I'm not getting my hopes up, and we need cover up front because if CKR gets injured we're in a lot of trouble.

This. 

If we aren’t allowed anymore incomings I think we will regret taking Morrison on when we have Lawrence and Sibbo that can play the same role.

21 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Apparently got to have 3 gks registered in the 23 so either him or an academy player

Agreed, after getting past the initial surprise, I did think it would make sense that the 23 players actually means 3 GKs + 20 outfield players.

Selling/releasing Marshall would not allow us to bring in Jagielka, it would just mean a slot for s different 3rd keeper.

The one we will try to sell/release is Jordan Brown, given hes in the 23 but not been given a squad number.

Well now we have the initial 4 in we have at least got something t o work with whilst we try and sort the embargo with the EFL so we can bring even more in.

Like Curtis & Rooney said, we didnt know the team until 12 yesterday so couldnt do any set piece training & our cb's havent played together even in preseason. At least now we have a basis to train with.