Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

11 minutes ago, David said:

You say laughing stock, but all clubs are laughing stocks for whatever reason.

We laughed for years when Fawaz was at Forest.

We laugh when Forest lose.

We laugh when Leeds get knocked out of the cup.

We laugh we Wycombe try to push for a points deduction to be applied immediately as they wasn’t good enough to stay up.

I’m laughing at Man City spending £100m on Jack Grealish.

I mean if you don’t like being part of a club that’s laughed at, football isn’t for you. 

Honestly couldn’t care less if Boro, Leeds, Bristol City and Forest fans are all laughing at us. Not one bit.

Yes but some could. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Of course, but then I would say I hope they don’t laugh at other clubs for any reason.

Don’t give it if you can’t take it

I think it’s more the point of us appearing to be getting it  from all quarters at the moment and you are right for not caring less because I don’t either .

The thing  that bothers me is the fact that we can’t sign players other than freebies on 4.5k a week and that is soul destroying.

I honestly think we should go with what we have and not worry too much about signings until January when hopefully we are out of embargo. 

Just now, Curtains said:

I think it’s more the point of us appearing to be getting it  from all quarters at the moment and you are right for not caring less because I don’t either .

The thing  that bothers me is the fact that we can’t sign players other than freebies on 4.5k a week and that is soul destroying.

I honestly think we should go with what we have and not worry too much about signings until January when hopefully we are out of embargo. 

Because it gets clicks, they all jump on.

I keep getting TalkSport promoted tweets on my timeline, they are paying Twitter for me to see it as the engagement will see a higher return in their own advertising revenue.

Couple of days ago they had Trevor Sinclair talking about the Keogh sacking, oh how the Leeds and Forest fans loved his opinion on a situation that he’s clearly only read the headline in a paper and because he now plays with his son he was bigging him up as this great guy, which I’m sure he is, but I’d love to know how many interactions he has personally had with Keogh to be given this airtime.

It’s actually funny now seeing these tweets, luring people in for their crap. 

But none of that gives me sleepless nights, what does is the situation with the EFL and the state of the squad with a week to go until we kick off. 

That’s why I’m refreshing Twitter, not for sound bites or laughing rivals, but hoping for news

31 minutes ago, David said:

We laugh we Wycombe try to push for a points deduction to be applied immediately as they wasn’t good enough to stay up.

I mean if you don’t like being part of a club that’s laughed at, football isn’t for you. 

Honestly couldn’t care less if Boro, Leeds, Bristol City and Forest fans are all laughing at us. Not one bit.

Not one Feck was given ??

9 minutes ago, David said:

I keep getting TalkSport promoted tweets on my timeline, they are paying Twitter for me to see it as the engagement will see a higher return in their own advertising revenue.

Couple of days ago they had Trevor Sinclair talking about the Keogh sacking, oh how the Leeds and Forest fans loved his opinion on a situation that he’s clearly only read the headline in a paper and because he now plays with his son he was bigging him up as this great guy, which I’m sure he is, but I’d love to know how many interactions he has personally had with Keogh to be given this airtime.

But none of that gives me sleepless nights, what does is the situation with the EFL and the state of the squad with a week to go until we kick off. 

That’s why I’m refreshing Twitter, not for sound bites or laughing rivals, but hoping for news

We are all hoping for good news but I’m not worried if we have to go with what we have now. 
It will be a struggle but so be it and you never know we might get a few good results and be out of embargo by the January window .

Having said that us fans would all love some good news of light at the end of the tunnel sooner rather than later. 

Edited by Curtains
Added

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We are all hoping for good news but I’m not worried if we have to go with what we have now. 
It will be a struggle but so be it and you never know we might get a few good results and be out of embargo by the January window .

Having said that us fans would all love some good news of light at the end of the tunnel sooner rather than later. 

I don’t see how the EFL can let us start the season without letting us registering anymore players. 

The profit and sustainability rules are there to protect clubs, but right now the EFL is actively working to make us not have a competitive team.

That’s not right. We have an embargo for not paying HMRC, to me this has nothing to do with the EFL, HMRC will take us to court when we’ve failed to meet enough deadlines. 

I can understand an embargo for failing to pay transfer instalments as this is a transaction between it’s member clubs, makes total sense but not HMRC.

Other clubs will be looking on and be concerned, I’m sure of it, they will be thinking this could be us next having to deal with the EFL making the rules up as they go along.

Say what you like about our wrongdoings, but that does not mean that the EFL doesn’t need a overhaul from top to bottom.

3 minutes ago, David said:

I don’t see how the EFL can let us start the season without letting us registering anymore players. 

The profit and sustainability rules are there to protect clubs, but right now the EFL is actively working to make us not have a competitive team.

That’s not right. We have an embargo for not paying HMRC, to me this has nothing to do with the EFL, HMRC will take us to court when we’ve failed to meet enough deadlines. 

I can understand an embargo for failing to pay transfer instalments as this is a transaction between it’s member clubs, makes total sense but not HMRC.

Other clubs will be looking on and be concerned, I’m sure of it, they will be thinking this could be us next having to deal with the EFL making the rules up as they go along.

Say what you like about our wrongdoings, but that does not mean that the EFL needs a overhaul from top to bottom.

I think you know my feelings on the EFL .

I am surprised Derby Fans take this lying down to be honest. .

Something surely can be done but what I don’t know. 

They are trying to destroy our club and they are preventing players without jobs earning a living. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Who’s laughing at Man City for spending 100m on jack grealish ?

he’s an exceptional player that will make a fantastic side even better

i think the thing with our situation is that it’s all totally self induced … and we’re doing everything in our power to drag it on as long as possible 

and try living in the middle of Nottingham .. it’s a lot harder to care less trust me lol

Edited by NottsRam77

29 minutes ago, David said:

I'd be embarrassed to give opinion on such things if I were him.

Former England footballer Trevor Sinclair has admitted drink driving and racially abusing a police officer.

Sinclair was arrested in Lytham and became agitated and accused police of being racist, a court was told.

Blackpool Magistrates' Court heard he racially abused the officer who arrested him, but has since accepted the police were not racist towards him.

Sinclair has been sentenced to 150 hours of unpaid work and disqualified from driving for 20 months.

He has also been ordered to pay £500 compensation to the police officer he abused.

Solicitor Nick Freeman said Sinclair was "totally appalled by his behaviour, embarrassed and contrite".

'Obnoxious, aggressive and racist'

The court also heard that Sinclair, 44, urinated in a police car during the arrest in his hometown on 12 November.

After Sinclair pleaded guilty to drink driving and a racially aggravated public order offence, the prosecution dropped other charges including assault on a police officer, failing to provide a specimen and criminal damage.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think you know my feelings on the EFL .

I am surprised Derby Fans take this lying down to be honest. .

Something surely can be done but what I don’t know. 

They are trying to destroy our club and they are preventing players without jobs earning a living. 

As you must have seen, there is some anger towards to the EFL, but the more vocal anger is aimed at Mel and Pearce.

Now if you go right back to the start, why did we spend so much money it was to compete with the teams at the top that were receiving the anti competitive parachute payments. 

Where did our relationship with the EFL go wrong? Mel trying to get them to understand the value of their product when negotiating with Sky for the TV deals. Something which would have helped all EFL clubs.

I’m not saying no mistakes have been made, it’s not all the EFL’s fault but all intentions were made with improving the  EFL and ambition to be in the Premier League.

The reason I’m not jumping on the hate the club bandwagon is simple, I was happy at the time, thought it was great fighting for promotion, loved having Lampard here, Mount, Wilson, Tomori and for me, aside from the Jim Smith era this has been the best longest periods where I’ve loved watching us play.  

Hindsight, yeah let’s not sign Butterfield, Johnson, Anya etc. Let’s not employ Nigel Pearson and Paul Clement but here we are, no time for tears, we need to dust ourselves down and rebuild to go again. 

It will happen, not overnight but it will happen.

12 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Who’s laughing at Man City for spending 100m on jack grealish ?

he’s an exceptional player that will make a fantastic side even better

i think the thing with our situation is that it’s all totally self induced … and we’re doing everything in our power to drag it on as long as possible 

and try living in the middle of Nottingham .. it’s a lot harder to care less trust me lol

Me, I’m laughing when you could have a younger more exciting Sancho plus change!

Try living in Nottingham? No chance, that’s totally self induced on your part, get yourself on Right Move ?

Each to your own 

grealish is the real deal for me and already more than proven in this league and level 

sancho has to adapt to our game first before we can judge him 

quality yes and im confident he will be a hit  .. but Werner came to England with a bigger reputation and looks a total waste 

grealish is absolute top drawer no questions 

When ben white moves for 50m quid 100m for grealish seems a snip relatively 

Take ur point on Rightmove though ?

Edited by NottsRam77

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Each to your own 

grealish is the real deal for me and already more than proven in this league and level 

sancho has to adapt to our game first before we can judge him 

quality yes and im confident he will be a hit  .. but Werner came to England with a bigger reputation and looks a total waste 

grealish is absolute top drawer no questions 

Grealish is 26 next month, he’s hitting his prime and barely got a game for England in the Euro’s.

How can you be a £100m player and not one of the first names on the team sheet for your country? 

We made it to the final so it’s not like you can criticise Southgate for picking the wrong teams.

Sancho, 21, 38 goals for Dortmund, already scored 3 for England which is 3 more and he’s what, £24m cheaper than Grealish.

Had Man City have given Sancho a chance and didn’t have to move to Dortmund, would have saved even more money which is bonkers.

16 minutes ago, David said:

As you must have seen, there is some anger towards to the EFL, but the more vocal anger is aimed at Mel and Pearce.

Now if you go right back to the start, why did we spend so much money it was to compete with the teams at the top that were receiving the anti competitive parachute payments. 

Where did our relationship with the EFL go wrong? Mel trying to get them to understand the value of their product when negotiating with Sky for the TV deals. Something which would have helped all EFL clubs.

I’m not saying no mistakes have been made, it’s not all the EFL’s fault but all intentions were made with improving the  EFL and ambition to be in the Premier League.

The reason I’m not jumping on the hate the club bandwagon is simple, I was happy at the time, thought it was great fighting for promotion, loved having Lampard here, Mount, Wilson, Tomori and for me, aside from the Jim Smith era this has been the best longest periods where I’ve loved watching us play.  

Hindsight, yeah let’s not sign Butterfield, Johnson, Anya etc. Let’s not employ Nigel Pearson and Paul Clement but here we are, no time for tears, we need to dust ourselves down and rebuild to go again. 

It will happen, not overnight but it will happen.

Playing devils advocate David

Is it fair to say though that u like myself and everyone else were enjoying those good times .. if someone had told u at the time it would come at a major cost (aka this situation now) would we still have taken it ? 
If we had known Mel and Pearce were gambling with our clubs future I wager many of us would have had taken a much different stance on it .. fair comment ? 

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Playing devils advocate David

Is it fair to say though that u like myself and everyone else were enjoying those good times .. if someone had told u at the time it would come at a major cost (aka this situation now) would we still have taken it ? 
If we had known Mel and Pearce were gambling with our clubs future I wager many of us would have had taken a much different stance on it .. fair comment ? 

Fair comment, and some did ask those questions at the time.

You have to remember that we would have had to also foreseen a global pandemic and the EFL performing a u turn years later and deciding the accounts they signed off on are no longer ok.

Had both of these not happened, we would not be sat here in this situation now regardless of what has been spent in the past.

The funny thing is, beat Villa at Wembley, Mel is a hero, even the haters will have started to turn, meanwhile Villa are no longer in receipt of parachute payments, in a world of trouble with FFP, Grealish goes for like £40m as they go on to have a fire sale. 

The club that signed Lansbury from Forest to not play him and pay him what was it, 60k a week wages to see him leave the club on a free.

90 minutes and none of this happens. Crazy really.