Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

NEWSFLASH 

completely incompetent organisation turn out to be incompetent. The EFL will ruin football in this country… it’s only a matter of time.

what will they do when there’s no clubs left apart from Middlesbrough ran by their pet Gibson (who btw is probably even dodgier than Mel!!)

ps. @Daviddon’t ban me please, it’s my birthday this weekend so I’ve had a few bevvies ?

7 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Yes we can sign players 4 free on 1 year cintracts or 6 month loans, depends if Mel wants to add to the running costs of the club, or is he waiting for the new owners to take us over, so he can save a few more quid. 

But it is alleged they have altered the max wage down to 4.5k per week from 11.5k. Hence no signings. 

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

So only about £250,000 annual salary. How the hell are they supposed to eat? 

IF it’s true that we can only pay £4.5k a week and IF it’s true players won’t sign due to it. Then it still shocks me someone like Morrison who has played less than 100 games in his career thinks he’s worth more than that and more frightening we think they’re worth more. 

9 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Surely rules can't be made up on the hoof. That is just not right. 

My guess would be they are all things that are all ready in the book but there is someone going through it with a fie tooth comb to work out every little thing they can throw at us.Because new interpretation of existing vaguely written rules is OK when the EFL do it...

43 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

IF it’s true that we can only pay £4.5k a week and IF it’s true players won’t sign due to it. Then it still shocks me someone like Morrison who has played less than 100 games in his career thinks he’s worth more than that and more frightening we think they’re worth more. 

Can't we circumnavigate that by offering new signings alternate ways of bumping their salary up that's not directly linked to their weekly pay?

Like appearance bonuses, assist and goal bonuses? Or name begins with a certain letter bonus? Of course the bonus would then be a regular payment but would still be classified as a bonus. 

If the EFL is playing by fluid rules then surely there's ways of us counteracting those without breaking the letter of them

If the EFL has changed the 11.5k a week to 4.5k a week, its time we sit up and realise the EFL are doing everything in their power to not only relegate us, but put us out of business, which we know damn well would probably be the end game of being relegated.

I have no idea what we can do as fans, apart from suffer while Mel and Parry sword fight with their tackle, but honestly if we dont do something I fear we wont have a club to support, at least as we know it, in a couple of years.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If the EFL has changed the 11.5k a week to 4.5k a week, its time we sit up and realise the EFL are doing everything in their power to not only relegate us, but put us out of business, which we know damn well would probably be the end game of being relegated.

I have no idea what we can do as fans, apart from suffer while Mel and Parry sword fight with their tackle, but honestly if we dont do something I fear we wont have a club to support, at least as we know it, in a couple of years.

They can only do this whilst we're under embargo - and that's why they're playing 'so tough', to encourage teams not to get into an embargo-situation.