Curtis Davies Manager - League 1 ?

NottsRammy

Does he have his badges or actually have any aspirations to be a manager? Genuine question.

From all I’ve seen it seems like Curtis is gearing himself up for a media/punditry career once he’s retired, and he’s very good at it. Insightful, speaks very well, similar to Liam Rosenior in that regard.

One of the sticks to beat Rooney with is, or was, his lack of badges and experience. The same would have to be said about Davies if he was seriously considered as a replacement for Rooney should he leave.

25 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Steve Mac just been on sky telling everyone what England and Spurs should be doing etc etc etc. DCFC not even worth a mention.

Why would he comment on Derby when the Euro’s are going on and, presumably, he was asked about England? 

With regard to Spurs, I suspect it was in response to another leading question (probably about Kane. I’ve not heard the interview).

I doubt he was asked “which club/team would you like to talk about?”

33 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why would he comment on Derby when the Euro’s are going on and, presumably, he was asked about England? 

With regard to Spurs, I suspect it was in response to another leading question (probably about Kane. I’ve not heard the interview).

I doubt he was asked “which club/team would you like to talk about?”

Nowt going on at Newcastle is there anyway!

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

Does he have his badges or actually have any aspirations to be a manager? Genuine question.

From all I’ve seen it seems like Curtis is gearing himself up for a media/punditry career once he’s retired, and he’s very good at it. Insightful, speaks very well, similar to Liam Rosenior in that regard.

One of the sticks to beat Rooney with is, or was, his lack of badges and experience. The same would have to be said about Davies if he was seriously considered as a replacement for Rooney should he leave.

I always thought he wanted a media career as well, but he is doing his badges as well. Suppose he is keeping his options open. Rooney said the below about him when he got injured

"I know he is doing his coaching badges, so we will be helping him in that way as well. It will be great for him,” said Rooney

I’m a fan of Curtis and have always backed him when our fans have been far to critical of him.

However it’s a no from me, for the same reason I didn’t want Rooney. Rookie managers need get some experience not be handed a job on a whim.

Even Lampard did “some” coaching work before us. If Curtis wants to go down that path then I’d like to see us offer him some coaching opportunities.

5 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

We could do a reality tv show where we give X factor style process to get new manager with cameras following everything around.

May as well go the full circus...

(l’ll get my coat)

There's a new film out on Sky Cinema called RAMS (2020), i thought for a minute we had film makers in behind the scenes 

12 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Most rookie managers fail. Failure next season could see us drop into League 2. IMO, it is not a time for an inexperienced manager.

That said, I think Curtis is a real credit to the club and my gut feeling is that he'll make a very good manager.

I still think a rookie is a terrible idea, but if that's where we go, Curtis would be the best option...and instantly have a huge amount of support and good will.

Rather have rookie Curtis than rookies Rooney and rosenior