Curtis Davies Manager - League 1 ?

NottsRammy

Curtis is a top bloke, and if we do get relegated he could become an important player for us.

Anyone calling for another rookie manager after the last year clearly hasn’t been paying enough attention though. We need to make an appointment on the back of managerial pedigree and long term strategy for a change.

13 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I find it bizarre that people who don't want Wayne as manager now want Davies as manager. What's the difference? Yes I get he's an intelligent bloke who speaks well but it would be another young manager with no experience. If it went wrong, we'd all be saying the same crap as we have about Rooney.

Bet he'd do the job for less than 90 grand PW for a start!

Curtis Davies on life after retirement:

“Plans to be a manager are sort of on hold at the moment while I do these kind of gigs (media),” he said.

“But I want to do my badges, I want to make sure I’m in the position where I have got everything in order to be a manager, but it is difficult.

“After I retire I definitely will want to be out there and doing something with football.”

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/curtis-davies-possibility-going-management-2603340

12 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

I wish I shared your enthusiasm, Be honest though it would be hell of a task to take on with all the uncertainty of players , what league we would play in, its just a big mess 

There are plenty of managers who would take the chance, whether out of work and desperate to get back, or further down the league’s pyramid and will take the chance because they might ever get as bigger chance again.

Of course many of the top/high profile candidates wouldn’t touch it, but there would be options.