The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

27 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Blimey, it would appear the ref’s had enough and put an end to it. Three Ukrainian subs waiting to come on and the ref’s like nah, I’ve had enough, Don’t think I’ve seen anything like it before. ?

I said that to mate. Cannot recall a game ever finishing like that...almost bang on 90 minutes.

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

Should get through to the final. I reckon this might be the start of 10 years of glory. We might add a few star on our shirts.

I reckon so. Could we emulate Spain. With the World Cup only a year away really, I reckon we could take pretty much the same tema and do the double. We’ve got so many very young players, that they’ll only come back older, wiser and better at the next Euros too. Is this our time to be a dominant force in world football for a few years to come. 

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I reckon so. Could we emulate Spain. With the World Cup only a year away really, I reckon we could take pretty much the same tema and do the double. We’ve got so many very young players, that they’ll only come back older, wiser and better at the next Euros too. Is this our time to be a dominant force in world football for a few years to come. 

Great things to come.

Have to say, some players are stepping up and showing what Southgate must have seen in them. 

Rice is really owning his position more and more. Allowing Phillips (is it OK to love a Leeds player) to put pressure on the ball. 

And Phillips is no Pirlo. Nothing like. But he is a horrible player who looks like he'd take on Denmark on his own if he had to. 

Kane, at last! Finally arrived and is making the runs and dummy runs we needed. Taking his marker on a walk. 

Always love Sterling. A lot rests on his shoulders and no, he doesn't always deliver but he carries the pressure on as you'd expect from a captain/leader in the body of Igor Stimac. 

Harry Maguire is the boss. He is the human form of English spirit. 

Yeah, I just think Southgate might deserve some love now. It's an England team that has always looked like it lacked a gear. But it might be time to make peace with that and accept his solid unit sprinkled with very good attacking players gets results where better England sides didn't. 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

A few days ago, people on here were screaming for Kane to be dropped.

To be fair he looked out of sorts for the first 3.5 games, I've made several posts about subbing him off as he looked tired and disinterested at times.

Keeping him on was a gamble imo, we weren't out of sight in any game and we had other options on the bench.  He didn't look match sharp and I felt he was a long way from anywhere near his best - but to his credit Southgate has got pretty much every major decision right during the tournament and leaving him on to get the goal he desperately needed has now got him back on track.  He's firing again, just as the business end of the tournament approaches.

I've never seen England in a final in my lifetime, Denmark will be a tough match but we'll probably never have a better chance.

Its coming home...

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

He might well look like Kryten wearing Spare Head 3, he is a colossus in the Physco* mould.

physco.jpg.4e125f42e3ad106baeb8ff4306be04c3.jpg

I love him. And Phillips tbf. They've got that raw aggression and what we call "passion" but they aren't blinded by it. 

I don't see how Maguire can't inspire everyone on the pitch. He fights for everything, he takes responsibility no problem, he's fearless. 

Based on this tournament what CB would you swap him for?