The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

How enjoyable was that? It could have been another 3-3.

I think this is Italy’s time. They have been very good from minute one in this tournament. I thought they would reach the semis but Spain are beatable. They really could go all the way.

Special mention for Jorginho! He has always been class but he has really taken his game to another level in recent months.

It

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think this is Italy’s time. They have been very good from minute one in this tournament. I thought they would reach the semis but Spain are beatable. They really could go all the way.

Special mention for Jorginho! He has always been class but he has really taken his game to another level in recent months.

Its between England and Italy for me

21 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

It’s between England and Italy for me

I think that’s the final we are hoping for. But even if that happens, Italy will have too much guile and experience for us I think.

One thing is for sure, I hope it isn’t Spain v England. It would be excruciatingly dull.

3 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Italy have looked decent enough, but that’s It, nowhere near on the same level as England. If we get them in the final we will destroy them. 

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Italy have looked decent enough, but that’s It, nowhere near on the same level as England. If we get them in the final we will destroy them. 

As much as i would want England to win in an Italy vs England final, if i put my french neutral hat on i ll have to disagree. Italy have been the best side in the tournament. You have by far the best attacking talent at your disposal of all teams left and can do some serious damage, that i agree. Midfield is ok thats all.  I was amazed how an Italian were prepared to push so far forward to press and attack at speed last night against a very good Belgium side and that would cause England problems. This being said they will miss Spinazola badly if he is out of the tournament.

A bit like beer goggles, your patriotic ones may slightly  taint your better judgement 

Edited by EtoileSportiveDeDerby

25 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

As much as i would want England to win in an Italy vs England final, if i put my french neutral hat on i ll have to disagree. Italy have been the best side in the tournament. You have by far the best attacking talent at your disposal of all teams left and can do some serious damage, that i agree. Midfield is ok thats all.  I was amazed how an Italian were prepared to push so far forward to press and attack at speed last night against a very good Belgium side and that would cause England problems. This being said they will miss Spinazola badly if he is out of the tournament.

A bit like beer goggles, your patriotic ones may slightly  taint your better judgement 

Very politely put...more succinctly he's talking out his backside or being deliberately provocative, I'm never sure which ...

In the tradition of every sportsing team I want to succeed this year trurning out to be rubbish/failing, from Derby to Pittsburgh to Memphis to F1 drivers and teams to cricket to not even checked snooker but sure if I'd wanted a guy to win he'd probably have managed to ping the cue ball off the table somehow.....

spacer.png

If England do not make the final at this stage, not sure that’s forgivable really, Southgate will probably resign.

If we don’t win the tournament, fair enough, but to not make the final at the stage, with the players we have, without sounding overly disrespectful, that can’t happen.

Saying that, tonight’s game and the semi final if we made it will not be a walk in the park, if anything it’s complacency that will beat us now.

Fans have a right to be confident, but the players need to be as focussed as they were against the Germans or we’ll be in trouble.

Myself, I’m more nervous than confident as we’re loaded with expectation now, getting older now and know that I’m not allowed nice things. 

Put money on Ukraine, just for some reverse psychology.

6 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Ha ha ha we will beat Italy and Spain if they combined forces and put all 22 players on the pitch against us. 

14 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I think that’s the final we are hoping for. But even if that happens, Italy will have too much guile and experience for us I think.

One thing is for sure, I hope it isn’t Spain v England. It would be excruciatingly dull.

So if Spain beat Italy, you don't want England to win their semi final?

2 hours ago, David said:

Put money on Ukraine, just for some reverse psychology.

I was just looking at the odds - are we really THAT big a favourite? 

£10 on England going through wins you about £1.50

The same bet on Ukraine would return you £35!

Ukraine are definitely beatable, but they clearly pose a threat vs our low-scoring team

Deffo worth a commiseration bet on Ukraine