The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

Mancini has been getting credit for getting players into his squad from so called "unfashionable" clubs. 

Perhaps Gareth Southgate should widen his recruitment net, then he might not have to take injured players to tournament. 

Leeds, Villa and a relegated Sheffield United. Arsenal who finished outside top six. He has looked far and wide to be fair to Gareth

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Nonsense 

Mancini was 1-0 down after 2 minutes. His tactics, proactiveness of substitutions, experience and general nouse won them this game. 

Italy are unbeaten in 30+ games under Mancini, after we scored the goal he changed it up and they absolutely dominated us.

we’ve got a better team and squad than Italy, 100%, and he made Southgate look like an amateur. 

Saying England have a better team than Italy is nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Nonsense 

Mancini was 1-0 down after 2 minutes. His tactics, proactiveness of substitutions, experience and general nouse won them this game. 

Italy are unbeaten in 30+ games under Mancini, after we scored the goal he changed it up and they absolutely dominated us.

we’ve got a better team and squad than Italy, 100%, and he made Southgate look like an amateur. 

They didnt win the game, they drew 1-1.

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

Mancini has been getting credit for getting players into his squad from so called "unfashionable" clubs. 

Perhaps Gareth Southgate should widen his recruitment net, then he might not have to take injured players to tournament. 

sorry chap, but that is tripe. All of their squad cam from their top 8 teams last season or Chelsea or PSG.

Arsenal 8th. Villa 11th

Who are these missing CM he didn't pick? Ward-Prowse? 

Just now, Derbados said:

Ah cool, I take it the trophy stays at Wembley then? awesome, I must have been  Mistaken, apologies 

No but Im sure you know how football games work and over 90 and 120 minutes the score was 1-1.

Doesnt sound like much of a schooling to me.

Italy were the better team but lets not start making ridiculous knee jerk statements just yet.

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

That’s all I’ve heard on the telly by the experts, that’s all that’s been said on the BBC, they’ll learn from this. It’s BS it can’t keep rolling on tournament  after tournament, we should of won it. This was our best chance and we bottled it, too defensive and didn’t build on a great start. 55 years and counting 

Can't argue with that tbh, especially after the first 15 mins or so - we just sat back after that and got pushed further and further back.  I turned to my wife in the 65th minute and said we need to make a double substitution right now, a few seconds later we were 1-1 and hanging on.

Gutted we never went for it, we had them chasing shadows at Wembley for 15 mins but then let that match slip ?

I'd like to think we'll peak in 2022 but does anyone really think we'll win Qatar?  We've had 2 great runs to the final in the past 2 tournaments we'll need another favourable draw and significant practise from 12yds.

This was our chance and we blew it.

5 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Legally the England player did contain a child but I am pretty sure you understand my point and that the 5th penalty in a major final is not the place for an inexperienced 19 year old who, to be honest, I had never heard of before this tournament. 

Saka is 19, you become an adult at 18 in England.

What relevance is it that you'd never heard of him?

No need to give that much head space because the answer, is absolutely zero.

9 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Nonsense 

Because you've heard of the players in the Englsnd squad and have no idea who half of the Italians are?

We don't have someone to control midfield. We have DCMs and CAMs but we don't have a deep lying playmaker to control the game. They passed us into the ground then took over.

There are some suicidal people on here after a semi and a final in the last 2 tournaments. Fook  me, how did you survive Graham Taylor being in charge? 

Just now, sage said:

In the sense that they had better, more experienced players. Not tonnes better but better players. 

Don’t agree, Mount, James and Chilwell (who didn’t get a sniff btw) just won the champions League, Stones just won the premier league, Sancho scored 16 goals and notched up 20 assists in the Bundesliga, Trippier just won La Liga with Atletico Madrid. 

We have one of the best international squads in the world, unfortunately the manager doesn’t reflect the squads ambition 

Just now, sage said:

sorry chap, but that is tripe. All of their squad cam from their top 8 teams last season or Chelsea or PSG.

Arsenal 8th. Villa 11th

Who are these missing CM he didn't pick? Ward-Prowse? 

Ward-Prowse might have helped. He was at least match fit. Henderson had little impact on the tournament. Bellingham less. 

I was merely quoting reported comment that Mancini had brought players in from outside the traditional Italian "big" clubs. Sassuolo were mentioned. No idea who they are and not that fascinated to look them up.