Tom Lawrence not in Wales Euro squad

Sean

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Darn. I hoped he would've had an excellent tournament we could've cashed him in before his contract runs out.

Shame for him and for the club. And especially me, who has to watch him play for us another season.

If it upsets you that much you do have another option!!

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Hope we reap the benefit after Tom gets a good rest over the summer and spends next season on the pitch demonstrating to the selectors how wrong they were. 

The point is we either have to sell him or he agrees a contract extension on reduced pay.  Otherwise he goes for free.  I hope this unfair deselection motivates him to find another club to go to in the summer.  If he has ambition he will take a reduced contract elsewhere and then we may at least realise a couple of million transfer fee.

Dont think its that surprising. He spent half the season injured and had a few alright games during our losing streak at the end of the season, but he hardly set the world alight. From Wales perspective beggars cant be choosers, but i dont think Tom being in the squad would have made much of a difference.

16 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Tom Lawrence ended up having a big say in our championship survival this season, surprised he didnt make the cut.

What....? Seriously what did he do that helped our survival even the slightest...? He scored what 3 goals in 20+ games (all games we lost) he did zero to help but did a lot to put us in that position in the first place. 
doesn’t deserve a place on our squad let alone an international squad for the euros. 

Many international bosses take the view that if the last 2 or 3 places are being allocated to players who are less likely to play, then pick you promising players, for future experience.

It could also be argued, that those 2 or 3 places shouldn't be given to players who may offer a distraction from the collective effort. 

shocked he didnt get in the squad, as there a few in there carrying injuries and  players  who are league 1 or not played for the first squad of the respective teams. colwell only had 7 starts for cardiff no goal,

its a defensive side with only bale tyler roberts and kieffer moore  in attack. 

4 minutes ago, OUTSIDER said:

shocked he didnt get in the squad, as there a few in there carrying injuries and  players  who are league 1 or not played for the first squad of the respective teams. colwell only had 7 starts for cardiff no goal,

its a defensive side with only bale tyler roberts and kieffer moore  in attack. 

Why take him? He has been rubbish all season, they don’t need him, he wouldn’t have played, give the kids a nice trip out. 

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

2016.? I forget, did they win It? Or did they manage to beat the worst England team in my lifetime..? 

no we did not win it, but we was written off not to get out of the group.  we got to the semi finals and that is an achievement for a country that does not have a mass pool of players to pick.  

ps wales dont judge our achievement on how we play England. we see achievement how far we get in a tournament. 

13 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Why take him? He has been rubbish all season, they don’t need him, he wouldn’t have played, give the kids a nice trip out. 

because of what i said. he was in my opinion that helped us stay up compared to players that cant/dont get in a team

as for rubbish all season ?