Tom Lawrence not in Wales Euro squad

Sean

40 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Inconsistent for sure, but there's literally nobody else at the club right now who can do what he can when it clicks. The same folk will endlessly moan about him but bar Bielik, it could be argued that no other player was more instrumental in rescuing us from relegation last season than Tom with his end of season form in a team that couldn't beat an egg.

Apt choice of song: "Making Bad Decisions" by the Strokes

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Lawrence since joining:

17/18 - 14 goals/assists (39 apps)
18/19 - 10 goals/ assists (33 apps)
19/20 - 14 goals/assists (37 apps)
20/21 - 5 goals/assists (23 apps)

Why are you judging him on 1 season?

He gained 5 goal contributions in the final 8 games - that's not someone I'd be looking to replace, especially as the team only scored 10 goals in that period.

That's quite impressive.

But he's in the final year of his contract and we're penniless. I'd still sell him if there were takers, unless a new contract was agreed at lower (whatever that is?) wages.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

He isn’t rubbish, he just isn’t a consistent performer at his best. The best version of him is one of the best players at this level, but let’s not have ideas above our station, if he was consistently at his best, he’d be far too good for us. 

we are what we are, he is what he is, we are a match. 

if you think Derby are too good for Lawrence, you need to put down the crack-pipe and get real. 

You got me there.

I'd rather praise Tom Lawrence than put down my crack-pipe.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's quite impressive.

But he's in the final year of his contract and we're penniless. I'd still sell him if there were takers, unless a new contract was agreed at lower (whatever that is?) wages.

With him being in his final year, how much do you think we could get for him? And how much would it cost to sign a replacement?

29 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With him being in his final year, how much do you think we could get for him? And how much would it cost to sign a replacement?

We'd get little for him, but free up his wages (high compared to most of squad) and get someone in on loan probably.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

? He was certainly showing the right mindset in the end of season run-in ...

He was yes , so do you now bang him on a new long term deal and then get the old familiar TL back and wish you had never have done it or just let him go now . Form me its let him go far to ineffectual over far to many match's and puts the whole stupid drinking incident to bed . While he is here it will forever still come up . Time to move on and let him go .