Tom Lawrence not in Wales Euro squad

Sean

Odd. But on the Beeb site the young Cardiff lad they picked is described:

"Attacking midfielder Colwill, who only made his Cardiff debut in February, has been part of Wales' training squad preparing for the finals.

The 19-year-old has been selected ahead of fellow forwards Tom Lawrence, Rabbi Matondo and Brennan Johnson.

"He's been a breath of fresh air since he's come in," caretaker manager Robert Page said of Colwill.

"He really impressed me. He's got presence, he's got something we have not got in the middle of the park as well.

"He can play off the right, play as a 10 and he can play in midfield so that's a bonus when we were looking to pick a squad.

"He blew us all away with how he was and how he conducted himself. He's a top professional already and a great lad to have around the place."

I wonder how Tom will deal with this... #COYR 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Odd. But on the Beeb site the young Cardiff lad they picked is described:

"Attacking midfielder Colwill, who only made his Cardiff debut in February, has been part of Wales' training squad preparing for the finals.

The 19-year-old has been selected ahead of fellow forwards Tom Lawrence, Rabbi Matondo and Brennan Johnson.

"He's been a breath of fresh air since he's come in," caretaker manager Robert Page said of Colwill.

"He really impressed me. He's got presence, he's got something we have not got in the middle of the park as well.

"He can play off the right, play as a 10 and he can play in midfield so that's a bonus when we were looking to pick a squad.

"He blew us all away with how he was and how he conducted himself. He's a top professional already and a great lad to have around the place."

I wonder how Tom will deal with this... #COYR 

Gutted I would think...

Quite happy with this. There’s a player in there that for one reason or another just hasn’t quite been unlocked. Maybe a summers rest will do him the world of good. I’ve said before that he is a victim of his price tag... we would all be much happier with him if he was cheap. Hopefully a summers rest will help him and us next season. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Surprising, but he only really turned up late into the season. I think getting dropped for a player who doesn’t get a sniff for Cardiff is going to sting a little though. 

I thought that was a strange decision, anyway. Rubin Colwill and Dylan Levitt both seemed like strange choices to me. One's only ever played 190 minutes of senior football, and the other's spent half the season on loan at a team narrowly avoiding relegation in Croatia after not getting in at League One Charlton. Even if you ignore Tom Lawrence, it seems strange they got in over Brennan Johnson. Even if he is a Red Dog, he got 13 goals and 13 assists this season as a 20-year old at Lincoln, and I would have thought he'd have been the pick of the bunch if they wanted a young lad to go with them for the experience, but he's been left out as well. I'm glad for both of the lads that got in, mind, but it's not a decision I get.

Edited by JfR