No news

sage

Every close season for football supporters is spent waiting for news. Transfers, fixtures, pre season tour etc. This season the wait for news has been somewhat amplified by our extraordinary current position. EFL appeal, points or fine, which season would any punishment relate to and the takeover as well as the usual stuff.  

Whilst are all impatient to find out about the takeover and transfers, in one aspect of all this, no news is good news. The longer that we have to wait for any possible punishment, the less likely it is that any potential points deduction will apply to the 20/21 season.

28 minutes ago, sage said:

Every close season for football supporters is spent waiting for news. Transfers, fixtures, pre season tour etc. This season the wait for news has been somewhat amplified by our extraordinary current position. EFL appeal, points or fine, which season would any punishment relate to and the takeover as well as the usual stuff.  

Whilst are all impatient to find out about the takeover and transfers, in one aspect of all this, no news is good news. The longer that we have to wait for any possible punishment, the less likely it is that any potential points deduction will apply to the 20/21 season.

Think you’re right about timing. But the delay is obviously a nightmare for Rooney. So I’d like to hear two things soon

- Confirmation that a minted US group has bought us

- news that the new owners have done a deal with the EFL 

22 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Think you’re right about timing. But the delay is obviously a nightmare for Rooney. So I’d like to hear two things soon

- Confirmation that a minted US group has bought us

- news that the new owners have done a deal with the EFL 

Why do you want a minted owner? We are not allowed to spend money. Spending too much money, whether the owner can afford to or not, is the catalyst for this whole debacle 

29 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Why do you want a minted owner? We are not allowed to spend money. Spending too much money, whether the owner can afford to or not, is the catalyst for this whole debacle 

You can spend what you like really. Just as long as you buy top players and get promoted, otherwise your humped ?

32 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Yes we want a minted owner. Yes we want to be Leicester.
Billionaires have an uncanny ability to attract sponsorship as well as investment from other billionaires who can add sponsorship and fan base. Players see more ambition in clubs owned by billionaires so are easier to recruit. And not all useful spending comes within the ffp calculation 

Edited by kevinhectoring

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes we want a minted owner...
Billionaires have an uncanny ability to attract sponsorship as well as investment from other billionaires who can add sponsorship and fan base. Players see more ambition in clubs owned by billionaires so are easier to recruit. And not all useful spending comes within the ffp calculation 

What would make us attractive to such an owner, rather than attractive to people pretending to be such owners?

I thought the embargo is due to the late filing of accounts which is the standard soft punishment for all clubs late with filing.  

Now, the reason behind the late filing might be the appeal process that took a ridiculous period of time due to Gibson and the EFL prolonging it, but they wouldn’t let those facts worry them with the embargo. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

What would make us attractive to such an owner, rather than attractive to people pretending to be such owners?

Obviously it will be an older billionaire who grew up watching Roy Macfarland & co who's whole life's work has been aimed at making enough money to right the wrongs done to us to deny us winning the European Cup in the 70s. 

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

Obviously it will be an older billionaire who grew up watching Roy Macfarland & co who's whole life's work has been aimed at making enough money to right the wrongs done to us to deny us winning the European Cup in the 70s. 

That would be me then. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, I am still around one billion pounds short of the target that I set myself.

I'll let you know as soon as that changes.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

That would be me then. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, I am still around one billion pounds short of the target that I set myself.

I'll let you know as soon as that changes.

Thank you. I think i am going to start buying euromillions tickets. Imagine winning enough to be able to make a difference to our position

1 hour ago, England Ram said:

I thought the embargo is due to the late filing of accounts which is the standard soft punishment for all clubs late with filing.  

I think you're right. From my read of the regs, a transfer embargo is the only sanction that efl management can hand out. 

Every other sanction has to be determined by the DC, which can be appealed by the club so I reckon we're a few weeks away from concluding the whole process. 

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Thank you. I think i am going to start buying euromillions tickets. Imagine winning enough to be able to make a difference to our position

I can think of other reasons for wanting to win but, yeah, why not? Good luck!

3 hours ago, sage said:

Don’t you go and jinx it, shhhhh!