Transfer window summer 2021

RoyMac5

On 15/05/2021 at 20:38, sheffieldram said:

Mel says that he will guarantee to pay the wages until a new buyer is found but any chance of us being in the market to spend any money on transfers is wishful thinking. Mel wants rid of us so he is not going to splash the cash. If the reports are to be believed we are up to our ears in debt.

Until we know the outcome of the EFL appeal we do not even know which division we will be playing in or if we will have a points reduction at the start of next season. Who would want to sign for us under those circumstances?

The other issue is we have not put in any accounts so under EFL rules surely we are under a transfer embargo?

Just watched the Leicester final......depressed me even more......what 2 different paths we have both taken over the last 10 years!!!!

Thing is I doubt we are up to our ears in debt in practical terms. But Mel is … in respect of his interest in DCFC. He has to figure out how much of that debt he is prepared to swallow personally in order to dispose of a loss making enterprise. 

of course we are in debt .. Expenditure exceeds income always has … thus either assets fall in value as they are given as surety or cash has to be put in or assets sold. 

Mel may well have been mortgaging club assets to pay the bills .. but he is the mortgage holder, his name is on the deed or the loan agreement in real terms. .. when push comes to shove its Mels money that will be spent in that if we get purchased the price Mel gets will be linked to standing liabilities. 

49 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Doesn't he play in Cyprus? We can't really buy anyone from the EU anymore. Maybe he does get enough points to let us buy him, but i doubt it.

Born in Scotland 

Edited by Ramarena
Just seen @jfr beat me too it

18 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Him too ?

At the moment, id like us to sign anyone, someone, this silence and nothing happening is horrible, and yes before i get hammered by you all, i do know about the embargo and takeover, im hoping its because all are targets are playing in the Euros

Yes i am allowed to dream