Transfer window summer 2021

RoyMac5

Unless I’m mistaken after reading what’s supposedly going on at the club and deducing from it we haven’t got a pot to piss in, then I imagine our 1st signing will be absolutely nobody. 

Mel says that he will guarantee to pay the wages until a new buyer is found but any chance of us being in the market to spend any money on transfers is wishful thinking. Mel wants rid of us so he is not going to splash the cash. If the reports are to be believed we are up to our ears in debt.

Until we know the outcome of the EFL appeal we do not even know which division we will be playing in or if we will have a points reduction at the start of next season. Who would want to sign for us under those circumstances?

The other issue is we have not put in any accounts so under EFL rules surely we are under a transfer embargo?

Just watched the Leicester final......depressed me even more......what 2 different paths we have both taken over the last 10 years!!!!

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No. It's the boring anti-Rooney whine.

And how would you describe your boring anti Cocu whine Roy Mac...the guy you couldn’t wait to get rid of and whined on and on...that’s him, the one with the better record than your love child ???

My understanding is that the window officially opens on June 1st and lasts for 2 months. That is the date contracts are signed and made official. Obviously, teams can agree on transfers and contracts before then.

As others have said, we have no idea where the club is going to be in the coming weeks and months. Think free transfers and loans are the future for us, so not in a mad rush on many fronts. Man Utd should help Way e out, so could see Mengi plus another in first on loan

14 minutes ago, r4derby said:

My understanding is that the window officially opens on June 1st and lasts for 2 months. That is the date contracts are signed and made official. Obviously, teams can agree on transfers and contracts before then.

As others have said, we have no idea where the club is going to be in the coming weeks and months. Think free transfers and loans are the future for us, so not in a mad rush on many fronts. Man Utd should help Way e out, so could see Mengi plus another in first on loan

I think it's till the end of August.

The transfer window being open for us is like someone opening a shop selling crystal champagne in Derby, we will look enviously from the outside as those with money go about their business making their expensive purchases, but in the knowledge we will be going home with two bottles of lambrusco that we can barely afford.

21 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

The transfer window being open for us is like someone opening a shop selling crystal champagne in Derby, we will look enviously from the outside as those with money go about their business making their expensive purchases, but in the knowledge we will be going home with two bottles of lambrusco that we can barely afford.

...and which we will undoubtedly drop on the way home!