Transfer window summer 2021

RoyMac5

20 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Albania have won 4 of their last 5 internationals, the only defeat being a 2-0 loss to England.  We conceded 3 or more to the likes of Cardiff, the Wendies, Blackburn, Boro, Preston and Rotherham old chap.

Can you not imagine what Kane, Sterling, Foden, Sancho and co would do to us AND the other sides mentioned for that matter? It'd be a ducking cricket score.

That’s like saying Brighton should now be champions because they beat City last night. Albania would not finish top half in League 2. Anyway the whole point it my argument is I don’t think Joz will fetch any serious cash, and other than Buchanan I don’t see any current player fetching any.  Which means without investment soon, I can’t see how or why we are talking about any meaningful transfers (other than to keep the hope alive, and you know what they say about hope) 

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

That’s like saying Brighton should now be champions because they beat City last night. Albania would not finish top half in League 2. Anyway the whole point it my argument is I don’t think Joz will fetch any serious cash, and other than Buchanan I don’t see any current player fetching any.  Which means without investment soon, I can’t see how or why we are talking about any meaningful transfers (other than to keep the hope alive, and you know what they say about hope) 

Stopped reading at 'that's'... 

Seriously, what was I thinking! ?

12 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I see Ellis Simms scored again for Blackpool.

Young (20) quick and just the type we need.

The annoying thing is that me and a couple of others on here were vocal about him after his performance against our U23 side. He's gone to Blackpool and done really well. The fact he went to Blackpool, too, shows that he would've been an option in January. 

16 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The annoying thing is that me and a couple of others on here were vocal about him after his performance against our U23 side.

Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

Edited by Carnero

23 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Albania are a fairly decent side, with some players who regularly grace sides in the top divisions of Italy, Turkey and some other lesser countries.  Admittedly, they lost Loric Cana to retirement which was a blow for them, but they’re far from also-rans.

They would cope with the championship with no bother...

12 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Albania are a fairly decent side, with some players who regularly grace sides in the top divisions of Italy, Turkey and some other lesser countries.  Admittedly, they lost Loric Cana to retirement which was a blow for them, but they’re far from also-rans.

They would cope with the championship with no bother...

Claude Davis was a Jamaican  international and Mikkel Beck a Danish international both graced England’s top division. 

Fairly pointless discussing who at this stage whilst we have no money to consider using.

so stick with the youngsters we have and hope to bring some decent ones in and that will all depend on the manager and how that manager wants to try and play before the practicalities of the championship take over - we need the obvious 3 centre half’s signing who are good enough for the championship plus at least two centre forwards and hopefully a more creative central midfielder but we might have that player if the rest are fixed in front and behind our current midfield.

I fully expect us to be selling Lawrence while we can get money for him and I would sell jozwiak especially if he has a good Euros and we can get a decent return on him.  
there will be a huge amount of unemployed footballers out there come July 

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I am worried about the attitude of Tom when he can start talking to other teams in January. Could be another £5 mill lost if he walks on a free.

By the end of his contract, if we've changed our amortisation technique won't he (bookwise) be worth nothing? He'll be on big(gish) wages and maybe we can't really afford him again?

2 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

And, sad to say, both would get into our side now easily.

That’s a scary thought, I don’t think they would personally and are both in my top 5 worst ever Derby Players.

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

That’s a scary thought, I don’t think they would personally and are both in my top 5 worst ever Derby Players.

Claude Davis was outstanding in the championship for Preston - for us in the prem he was a car crash.  Mikkel Beck had a couple of years playing for Middlesbrough, again at a higher level than we’re performing at, and was a key part of their promotion into the prem...

I can’t believe I’m defending this pair - they were both rubbish.

On 17/05/2021 at 12:40, TexasRam said:

Joz may fetch a few quid if he has a good Euros, but as we’ve seen when playing against a higher standard than Albania he just can’t seem to cut it

Did alright against Holland

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

By the end of his contract, if we've changed our amortisation technique won't he (bookwise) be worth nothing? He'll be on big(gish) wages and maybe we can't really afford him again?

both methods end up writing down the value to zero for the final year

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

both methods end up writing down the value to zero for the final year

Ah okay, thinking about it I suppose it matters where the final year value starts from, rather than where it finishes. Not enough cups of tea before writing that post!

Do we know what sort of value players like Lawrence, Waggy and Wisdom are likely to have been on at the start of their contracts final year? 

Edited by RoyMac5

Oh god, I just really hope we get lucky and someone like Watson or Stretton have a mad breakthrough season with loads of goals and/or assists 

At the moment, it does look really bad on the investment front so another relegation scrap seems likely 

Only positives: maybe Jozwiak/Sibley will be much improved, Lawrence not missing three months might make a big difference... and now for the coup de grace of clutching at straws... IBE? 

3 minutes ago, Jram said:

Oh god, I just really hope we get lucky and someone like Watson or Stretton have a mad breakthrough season with loads of goals and/or assists 

At the moment, it does look really bad on the investment front so another relegation scrap seems likely 

Only positives: maybe Jozwiak/Sibley will be much improved, Lawrence not missing three months might make a big difference... and now for the coup de grace of clutching at straws... IBE? 

I would honestly be surprised if we are scrapping for survival if things stay as they are. I'd be more concerned about it being a dead rubber, not quite as similar to our Premier League season but something remarkably close considering we're in the second division. 

9 minutes ago, Jram said:

Believe it when I see it but in a feature with Bielik, he said he hopes to be back in August, now that would change things....

32 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Did alright against Holland

He didn’t against Rotherham, Wycombe, Luton, Coventry etc etc etc