Transfer window summer 2021

RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Who’s going to pay more than £1M for a non creative midfielder who can’t hold down a place in a bottom of the table championship side? 

To be fair i think the problem was he held his place too long, it was clear after 25 games as he started getting less effective game by game he needed taking out.  Thought he had a good first 3rd of the season amongst the dross served up and he looked a player desperate to hold a struggling side together, that was probably to his detriment as he kept getting played because of it.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

'Farmer league' countries still play better than most Championship clubs.

They’re not, Albania, Andorra, San Marino are not better than Championship clubs. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To be fair i think the problem was he held his place too long, it was clear after 25 games as he started getting less effective game by game he needed taking out.  Thought he had a good first 3rd of the season amongst the dross served up and he looked a player desperate to hold a struggling side together, that was probably to his detriment as he kept getting played because of it.

Maybe yeah, but he doesn’t strike me as a player who you’d currently want to pay big money for. 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Maybe yeah, but he doesn’t strike me as a player who you’d currently want to pay big money for. 

To be honest we could have a player on the books worth 15 million . With the constant bombardment of our financial woes being broadcast on every TV and news article in existence so that even unknown tribes in the Amazon basin are discussing it, we still get offered a million quid and another million when they get 100 caps . We're back in Huddlestone and Rasiak territory. Hooray.

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To be honest we could have a player on the books worth 15 million . With the constant bombardment of our financial woes being broadcast on every TV and news article in existence so that even unknown tribes in the Amazon basin are discussing it, we still get offered a million quid and another million when they get 100 caps . We're back in Huddlestone and Rasiak territory. Hooray.

You had me..........right until £15m

On 17/05/2021 at 08:52, kevinhectoring said:

If a sale does not transpire I’d think MM will say: you can buy whoever you want provided you

Keep within FFP

fund transfers in from sales

Keep the wages bill below [     ] p/w

Looks like that was broadly what they did in Jan. Qn is whether R would resign, if that’s the deal. But I don’t think he will given the poor outcome last season 

To me it looked like we were trying to desperately trim the wage budget in january. I don't expect us to sign anyone if we don't get taken over and i would expect any sales to just cover wages for the few players we have left.

4 hours ago, Rambalin said:

If and when we can start signing players again and if we are looking at freebies then Dan Cowley has been released by Birmingham. 

Looked good against us then lost his way under Karanka, he looked a good player at this level skilful and combative and still only 23.

I really liked the look of Cowley. He’s obviously lost his way but looked a very good player, great delivery, good on the ball and had a little edge to him. Would be low risk, high return. There will be loads of frees this summer who would improve us.

42 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Fully acknowledging that I have no idea how much money we have to spend, Malik Wilks from Hull City has looked a really good player all season and would improve our attack significantly. 

Would he see a move to the Rams as a step up as things stand?Unless he is out of contract can’t see us having the money to sign players like him. He does look a decent player though ?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Would he see a move to the Rams as a step up as things stand?Unless he is out of contract can’t see us having the money to sign players like him. He does look a decent player though ?

You'd have to see Hull as relegation fodder, whether you'd see us as anything different is highly up for debate! Cracking player though, and at 22 you'd expect to see him play in the Premier League at some point. 

Given Rooneys Everton & Man United links I think there are a few youngsters we could have an eye on - 

United

Mengi - right footed centre back, on loan last year, well known we would like him back

Garner - centre mid, had loans at Watford & Forest, likely to go out on loan again, can see him going back to Forest

Traore - 6ft 2 centre mid, can play defensive mid too, been out on loan at Ligue 2 side Caen

Shoretire - right footed winger, mainly plays on the left, yes we have a few like this but the more attacking players in our squad the better

Everton

Gibson - 20 year old left footed centre back. Had a spell on loan at Fleetwood in 19/20 then been on loan at Reading this season making 13 appearances. Also able to play left back

Baningime - defensive midfielder, last year of his deal and been on loan to us already. We didnt see much of him and I feel like he was a victim of the number of loans we had and 1 having to miss out, with our forward & centre back issues he was the easiest to leave out. Rooney has played with him as well so will know if he can improve us

Simms - young striker, hot prospect, had a decent loan spell at Blackpool this season

Edited by DCFC1388

I think it’s relatively straightforward to decide a playing strategy and then just bring in players that fit each position to a tee.

Players that look average at one club are more than capable if played to their strengths.

If you can get the right players in rather than scattershot signings of “he’s good, get him” style we’ve become accustomed to, you’re over halfway there.

As long as there’s no conflicting personalities, that puts you in with a chance of a decent shot.

It’s just easier said than done.

The teams with parachute payments will get first dibs on any good players available to loan, after all many cost a fee for the season plus good wages. We must unload Lawrence now to fund the purchase of a lower league striker that could get us some goals. I am worried about the attitude of Tom when he can start talking to other teams in January. Could be another £5 mill lost if he walks on a free.

QPR goalkeeper Joe Lumley is attracting Championship interest going into the summer – Middlesbrough, Millwall and Coventry City enter the race - but should Derby enter the race?!

Here are the best free agent options for Derby ahead of the 2021/22 season, sorted by their current club.

AFC Bournemouth: Jack Wilshere, 29, midfielder

Barnsley: Alex Mowatt, 26, midfielder

Blackburn Rovers: Lewis Holtby, 30, midfielder

Bristol City: Famara Diedhiou, 28, striker & Henri Lansbury, 30, midfielder

Cardiff City: Junior Hoilett, 30, winger

Huddersfield Town: Oumar Niasse, 31, centre forward, Alex Pritchard, 27, midfielder, Yaya Sanogo, 28, centre forward & Christopher Schindler, 31, centre-back

Middlesbrough: Jordan Archer, 28, goalkeeper, Britt Assombalonga, 28, striker & Ashley Fletcher, 25, striker

Norwich City: Mario Vrancic, 31, midfielder

Preston North End: Billy Bodin, 29, winger

QPR: Tom Carroll, 28, midfielder

Reading: Sone Aluko, 32, forward & Sam Baldock, 32, striker

Sheff Wednesday: Moses Odubajo, 27, full-back & Adam Reach, 28, midfielder

Other free agents worth looking at ...

Britt Assombalonga, Charlie Austin, James Collins, Charlie Wyke

Wishing good luck to Rooney on these, as he totally failed to impress me last season, its now down to him to hugely improve the squad for next season. 

If he doesn't have a transfer budget I assume he at least has a larger wage budget than most other championship clubs.

8 hours ago, JfR said:

What about Hungary and the Netherlands?

I’ll give you Holland and it’s the only game he’s showed the potential that he could be a player. Hungry, nah no better than a bottom half championship side. If someone came in with a £3m bid I’d snap their hands off 

9 hours ago, TexasRam said:

They’re not, Albania, Andorra, San Marino are not better than Championship clubs. 

Albania have won 4 of their last 5 internationals, the only defeat being a 2-0 loss to England.  We conceded 3 or more to the likes of Cardiff, the Wendies, Blackburn, Boro, Preston and Rotherham old chap.

Can you not imagine what Kane, Sterling, Foden, Sancho and co would do to us AND the other sides mentioned for that matter? It'd be a ducking cricket score.

8 hours ago, enachops said:

I really liked the look of Cowley. He’s obviously lost his way but looked a very good player, great delivery, good on the ball and had a little edge to him. Would be low risk, high return. There will be loads of frees this summer who would improve us.

I thought he was excellent in that game at Pride Park, whenever that was. Really liked the look of him. Surprised to hear he has been at Hull this season. Would be worth a shout - providing he isn’t another of these players, like Nathan Tyson, who only has one good game a year which always happens to be against Derby!

On 17/05/2021 at 23:43, DCFC27 said:

He didn’t, he said he’s paying for April’s wages but is unsure on how long after that. 

Can you post a link to where he said this please?

Like @sheffieldram I've only ever seen the quote in The Daily Mail where he said he would fund the club until a buyer was found.