Transfer window summer 2021

RoyMac5

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ah okay, thinking about it I suppose it matters where the final year value starts from, rather than where it finishes. Not enough cups of tea before writing that post!

Do we know what sort of value players like Lawrence, Waggy and Wisdom are likely to have been on at the start of their contracts final year? 

too difficult to know and if they supplied that sort of detail it lets other clubs know what we expect to sell for.  The way ERV is calculated has never been documented so there is a risk that our financial situation may lead someone to kick the can down the road on the annual amortisation, we just don't know.  

This is how it should probably work;

Tom

paid £5m for him 5 years ago.  He is an international 27 yo and has certain skills not much on show for us tho.  Anybody's guess but really we should get £3m for him if you can sell him up to year 4.  Contract expires 30/6/22.  He should be amortised at £500k pa for the first 4 years.  If he is sold before the end of June the Y5 amortisation will be the difference between what we get for him and £3m.   After then as at 1/7/21 he is worth nothing.  It is remotely possibly that we could sell him in his final year if another club was desperate but in the current environment he is best served by waiting and picking up a pay packet that he is unlikely to find elsewhere. 

But there is nothing to stop the club saying he is worth £5m up to y4 and not amortise a penny.  Then extend his contract but that is another story which will be a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

Waggy's contract expires at the end of next month so should already be zero.  Given his age and record I guess the club would have maintained a high ERV for him

same for wissy

My apologies if I got anything wrong here and happy to be corrected on factual mistakes

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Albania who have players at Lazio, Napoli and Atalanta?

And your point is? They also have players at Ipswich and Boston United 

7 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Too difficult to know and if they supplied that sort of detail it lets other clubs know what we expect to sell for.  The way ERV is calculated has never been documented so there is a risk that our financial situation may lead someone to kick the can down the road on the annual amortisation, we just don't know.  

This is how it should probably work;

Ta. I guess I was wondering what effect keeping/not keeping Tom would have on our P&S figures. Will we gain more from keeping Waggy and Wissy than by letting them go? That seems to be the main area of contention in our current financial crises.

Edited by RoyMac5

17 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

He didn’t against Rotherham, Wycombe, Luton, Coventry etc etc etc 

Unlike (has a think about who in our team might have played well, struggles to think of anyone to name)....er...

Holland, pah. Pub team at best.

Regardless of whether Joz is a good player underperforming here, or a crap player who had a couple of good international games - we're in a weak position. We will get significantly less for him than he might go for if we were selling from a position of strength. 

We really are screwed. No money, and we're in a position where clubs will be circling ready to pick off our best talent at bargain prices. 

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

Unlike (has a think about who in our team might have played well, struggles to think of anyone to name)....er...

Holland, pah. Pub team at best.

Regardless of whether Joz is a good player underperforming here, or a crap player who had a couple of good international games - we're in a weak position. We will get significantly less for him than he might go for if we were selling from a position of strength. 

We really are screwed. No money, and we're in a position where clubs will be circling ready to pick off our best talent at bargain prices. 

I think but I can’t remember that was my whole point, we don’t have assets who will fetch any significant value. So unless we get investment and sharpish we’re  in the poo. 

And for clarity, I think Joz looks a poor player international or not. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

He's 23 yrs old in his first season in England, I think he looks to have lots of potential.

When has he showed lots of potential?  1 goal 2 assists in 41 appearances for a forward player. 

A7721D0C-36E5-4A45-9597-5C536E81134C.jpeg

12 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Given Rooneys Everton & Man United links I think there are a few youngsters we could have an eye on - 

United

Mengi - right footed centre back, on loan last year, well known we would like him back

Garner - centre mid, had loans at Watford & Forest, likely to go out on loan again, can see him going back to Forest

Traore - 6ft 2 centre mid, can play defensive mid too, been out on loan at Ligue 2 side Caen

Shoretire - right footed winger, mainly plays on the left, yes we have a few like this but the more attacking players in our squad the better

Everton

Gibson - 20 year old left footed centre back. Had a spell on loan at Fleetwood in 19/20 then been on loan at Reading this season making 13 appearances. Also able to play left back

Baningime - defensive midfielder, last year of his deal and been on loan to us already. We didnt see much of him and I feel like he was a victim of the number of loans we had and 1 having to miss out, with our forward & centre back issues he was the easiest to leave out. Rooney has played with him as well so will know if he can improve us

Simms - young striker, hot prospect, had a decent loan spell at Blackpool this season

Unles he was injured and we didn’t know then I think Baningime was just a poor signing. One of Gregory and Edmundson were injured and he still only appeared once or twice, not sure it had anything to do loan numbers 

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Claude Davis was utterly atrocious 

It’s kind of my point about, just because someone’s an international doesn’t make them a good player. 

29 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Unles he was injured and we didn’t know then I think Baningime was just a poor signing. One of Gregory and Edmundson were injured and he still only appeared once or twice, not sure it had anything to do loan numbers 

I'm sure when Gregory & Edmundson were injured Baningime was injured as well