Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

Hunt just be released by Bristol City.  Always seemed a steady full back.

Corry Evans been released by Blackburn.  midfield and can cover at centre half. Would be handy with Shinnie in more physical games and help us desperately cling to one goal leads and maybe see more out.

8 hours ago, DCFClks said:

Lampard said he had a good first season but took time to adapt to the Championship

You've gone a a bit quiet mate. Not like the McCarthy vid? How about this one since you've also brought up Lamps but 'couldn't find any evidence yourself. It was widely reported but I'm guessing you missed this one too?

Frank Lampard explains Jack Marriott’s absence from Derby County side in recent games

Derby County manager Frank Lampard believes striker Jack Marriott needs to work harder, The Derby Telegraph report.

It’s the same for everybody in the squad. You have to work hard in training, you have to perform when you start or come on to try to get into the starting XI or the squad. We need Jack Marriott. We saw earlier in the season what he can do. He gives us a threat behind. He has to push himself every day, push himself when he comes on to make a difference.

https://www.derbycounty.news/news/frank-lampard-explains-jack-marriotts-absence-from-Derby-county-side-in-recent-games/

Nope? Still not enough? Try this one then, where Cocu politely explains that Jack's a lazy bar steward...

Phillip Cocu defends decision to allow Derby County striker Jack Marriott out on loan

Phillip Cocu has defended Derby County's decision to allow Jack Marriott to go out on loan.

The 26-year-old striker has joined Championship rivals Sheffield Wednesday although the Rams have a recall clause in January.

Some Derby fans questioned the decision given that the club had been looking to boost options in the striking department since the end of last season.

Cocu says he understands the reaction.

"Yes, of course, and opinions always will be there but there is also that they are not here, they do not know how we work every day and what is the situation exactly, If we say it is the best for the player at this stage and also for the club, then it is just the way it is."

Dead classy our Phil, eh! McCarthy just called him a fast bar steward like everyone else.

Let me know if you need any more help with 'proof' of managers 'calling him out'.  ?‍♂️  In the meantime, perhaps you could provide a link to Lamps saying 'Marriott had a good first season' or any manager ever saying he trains well? Meanwhile, I'll stand by my assertion that Jack has bags of ability, but basically can't be arsed if that's ok with you? 

Josh Ruffels looks a decent left back.

With buchanan being rumoured to be of interest to several clubs, including arsenal.

The Oxford United man has enjoyed an excellent season in League One after making 47 appearances in all competitions, scoring six and creating six more for Karl Robinson’s side.

Ruffels faces an uncertain future, however, with his contract due to expire in the coming weeks.

With no extension yet agreed.

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Hunt just be released by Bristol City.  Always seemed a steady full back.

Corry Evans been released by Blackburn.  midfield and can cover at centre half. Would be handy with Shinnie in more physical games and help us desperately cling to one goal leads and maybe see more out.

Corey Evans is a solid, reliable performer. 7/10 most games. Would be happy with that. I still think we need to focus on centre back and forwards as a priority. Full back is one of the last positions to touch. Byrne and Buchanan starting with Fozzy and K MacDonald supporting. If Buchanan is sold then we can think about the left back position.

3 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Corey Evans is a solid, reliable performer. 7/10 most games. Would be happy with that. I still think we need to focus on centre back and forwards as a priority. Full back is one of the last positions to touch. Byrne and Buchanan starting with Fozzy and K MacDonald supporting. If Buchanan is sold then we can think about the left back position.

No. God please no. I don’t want that bloke around this football club anymore

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You've gone a a bit quiet mate. Not like the McCarthy vid? How about this one since you've also brought up Lamps but 'couldn't find any evidence yourself. It was widely reported but I'm guessing you missed this one too?

Frank Lampard explains Jack Marriott’s absence from Derby County side in recent games

Derby County manager Frank Lampard believes striker Jack Marriott needs to work harder, The Derby Telegraph report.

It’s the same for everybody in the squad. You have to work hard in training, you have to perform when you start or come on to try to get into the starting XI or the squad. We need Jack Marriott. We saw earlier in the season what he can do. He gives us a threat behind. He has to push himself every day, push himself when he comes on to make a difference.

https://www.derbycounty.news/news/frank-lampard-explains-jack-marriotts-absence-from-Derby-county-side-in-recent-games/

Nope? Still not enough? Try this one then, where Cocu politely explains that Jack's a lazy bar steward...

Phillip Cocu defends decision to allow Derby County striker Jack Marriott out on loan

Phillip Cocu has defended Derby County's decision to allow Jack Marriott to go out on loan.

The 26-year-old striker has joined Championship rivals Sheffield Wednesday although the Rams have a recall clause in January.

Some Derby fans questioned the decision given that the club had been looking to boost options in the striking department since the end of last season.

Cocu says he understands the reaction.

"Yes, of course, and opinions always will be there but there is also that they are not here, they do not know how we work every day and what is the situation exactly, If we say it is the best for the player at this stage and also for the club, then it is just the way it is."

Dead classy our Phil, eh! McCarthy just called him a fast bar steward like everyone else.

Let me know if you need any more help with 'proof' of managers 'calling him out'.  ?‍♂️  In the meantime, perhaps you could provide a link to Lamps saying 'Marriott had a good first season' or any manager ever saying he trains well? Meanwhile, I'll stand by my assertion that Jack has bags of ability, but basically can't be arsed if that's ok with you? 

Ok you've had to go back 6 years to find the McCarthy quote, he also praises him in the same interview improving. 

I accept Lampard did criticise him, but did take the fact it was his first season in the Championship into account.

I'm not sure how you've interpreted Cocu's quote as calling him lazy, it probably has more to do with the fact he isn't a big target man, which was what they wanted at the time.

I just don't understand why people seem to be happy to slate certain players at will but let off others. Marriott has only a slightly worse GPG record than CKR despite playing in a system that didn't suit him for most of the time, but CKR's loved by most on here. He faded heavily towards the end of last season, and also wasn't involved for the first part of the season. Why wasn't he accused of training badly?

And what about his seasons at Luton and Peterborough? was he just lazy at Ipswich but then decided to not be and score 33 goals in League One, and then randomly decide to be lazy again at Derby? he's not lazy, he was utilised better at Peterborough and played in a system that suited him.

Peterborough's Chairman:

"You don’t get (the) best out of JM by manager... publicly having a pop at him like they did. Not type (of) player who responds to that kind of management. Training performances overrated imo. Match day is when it matters."

22 hours ago, DCFClks said:

But with Rooney's style of play, no attacker in the league would do well. Does it matter what players we sign? and why would anyone want to join us? 

I still believe if Marriott could get rid of his injuries and play in a system that suits him he'd be a top player in this league.  

Do we actually know whats Rooneys style of play is / will be this upcoming season?

He has openly stated that he picked his style of play on a game to game basis. This summer he will have the time to get the team playing the way he actually wants.

Im wondering if his preferred formation may be 442, it worked quite well with 2 more mobile forwards in Waggy/Gregory. Or could it be 433 when Bielik is back fit. None of us actually know.

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Do we actually know whats Rooneys style of play is / will be this upcoming season?

He has openly stated that he picked his style of play on a game to game basis. This summer he will have the time to get the team playing the way he actually wants.

Im wondering if his preferred formation may be 442, it worked quite well with 2 more mobile forwards in Waggy/Gregory. Or could it be 433 when Bielik is back fit. None of us actually know.

Playing game to game was definitely worth it for the 1 win in the last 15 games of the season. He did play game to game but every system his played seemed to stifle all our creative players. Would you not think after 35 games some sort of style might start to emerge?

I hope he does have style lined up, but whatever it is I don't think our attacking players will enjoy it.

On 01/06/2021 at 21:13, Topram said:

John lundstrum has left Sheff U he’d be a good free signing 

Likely off to Rangers

Look at release lists and all I can see us getting are perennial championship loanees like Izzy Brown. 

51 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I'm not sure how you've interpreted Cocu's quote as calling him lazy, it probably has more to do with the fact he isn't a big target man, which was what they wanted at the time.

I interpreted it as, the club is a bad state financially and so we have to ship out players. Which I believe is a factor in why we got rid of Malone, Bennett, Zoon etc. We never replaced them either.

32 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Playing game to game was definitely worth it for the 1 win in the last 15 games of the season. He did play game to game but every system his played seemed to stifle all our creative players. Would you not think after 35 games some sort of style might start to emerge?

I hope he does have style lined up, but whatever it is I don't think our attacking players will enjoy it.

I would expect a style to emerge if he was trying to get a style in place but he wasnt. Whether his game to game worked or not thats what he did, and we just managed to stay up. We cant judge his style though until we actually get to see it. Maybe he was implementing his style during our winning run but had to alter it once Bielik was out due to having no quality backup option

Edited by DCFC1388

58 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

The Rooney mentality is go for 0-0. Haven’t got a clue what his style of play is, has he got one?

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

I would expect a style to emerge if he was trying to get a style in place but he wasnt. Whether his game to game worked or not thats what he did, and we just managed to stay up. We cant judge his style though until we actually get to see it. Maybe he was implementing his style during our winning run but had to alter it once Bielik was out due to having no quality backup option

I can understand going game to game if it there was 10-15 games left in a season, but there was 35. I can't think of any other instance where a manager has come into a team and done that. Added to the fact he was already here for a while as a player/coach before and you'd think he would have some sort of idea on how he'd play.

I'm probably being over pessimistic but I believe he went game to game because he was out his depth and didn't know what else to do. 

16 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I can understand going game to game if it there was 10-15 games left in a season, but there was 35. I can't think of any other instance where a manager has come into a team and done that. Added to the fact he was already here for a while as a player/coach before and you'd think he would have some sort of idea on how he'd play.

I'm probably being over pessimistic but I believe he went game to game because he was out his depth and didn't know what else to do. 

Dont get me wrong, I think he should have tried to implement his own style and he had plenty of time to do it too, but my point is that he didnt implement his own style so until he does we cant really judge it not being attacking enough etc

20 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Dont get me wrong, I think he should have tried to implement his own style and he had plenty of time to do it too, but my point is that he didnt implement his own style so until he does we cant really judge it not being attacking enough etc

He’s had 35 games...how many does he need do you think?

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Does Rooney know himself? That's the more pertinent question.

If he did say that the picked his teams style of play on a game by game basis which I have to say I don't recall him saying but not calling you a liar then in itself its such a ludricous and worrying comment given our measly points return for the last quarter of the season.

40 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He’s had 35 games...how many does he need do you think?

Like i said, 35 games is more than enough for him to do it, but for one reason or another he chose not to try and implement it, he chose game by game.

43 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Does Rooney know himself? That's the more pertinent question.

If he did say that the picked his teams style of play on a game by game basis which I have to say I don't recall him saying but not calling you a liar then in itself its such a ludricous and worrying comment given our measly points return for the last quarter of the season.

I would like to think he has an idea of how he will want us to play, next season will be the proof of it.

He mentioned during the season when asked about his playing style that he was changing it game by game depending on opponent hence the multiple formation changes. I think he got an idea, it did well then Bielik got injured, then he couldnt find anything that worked. Then during the international break he used the break to get the team training and focused in attacking in a 442 with Waggy/Gregory upfront and 1st half vs Luton it worked fine but they got injured and he had to find another way which didnt help only having a half fit CKR for the last set of games. In his recent newspaper article he said the following...

Screenshot_20210606-150458_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by DCFC1388