Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And another one bites the dust...

4th choice winger at the moment is a toss up between:

• someone who played mostly upfront for the U18s last season
  • someone who was injured for most of the U18 season
  • a member of the U18 squad

I have no doubt we'll make a couple of signings, but our situation has changed so much in the last 3 years. We ended the 17/18 season with Lawrence, Bennett, Weimann, Russell, Thomas, Blackman and Anya all registered to the club.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I have no doubt we'll make a couple of signings, but our situation has changed so much in the last 3 years. We ended the 17/18 season with Lawrence, Bennett, Weimann, Russell, Thomas, Blackman and Anya all registered to the club.

Yeah but how many of those you list would you want? Lawrence, Weimann and Russell?

14 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Some ex team mates of Rooneys on free's - 

Daniel Sturridge - ST - 31

Cuco Martina - RB - 31

Andy Carroll - ST - 32

Oumar Niasse - ST - 31

Ravel Morrison - AM - 28

Alex Buttner - LB - 32

Nick Powell - AM - 27

Nathaniel Clyne - RB - 30

Jack Wilshere - CM - 29

Phil Bardsley - RB - 36

Yannick Bolasie - LW - 32

Mo Besic - CDM - 28

I thought adding Juan Mata is abit of a stretch!

At this point we just need warm bodies really. A squad of 14 wouldn’t keep us in the Championship even if the quality was a fair bit higher. If I’m Rooney I’m trying to work who in that group would be willing to play on a CKR-style deal.

On the up side, we probably don't need a Team Coach now, we can probably get by with a Minibus. Much easier to park at these pokey lower league grounds and at service stations they can park closer to the building which'll be easier for the lads to kick Sibs out to go and get the Crisps and Yorkie Bars and cans of Monster.

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wilson is currently our 3rd choice winger.

You seriously don't think Bennett, Thomas, Blackman and Anya were better than him?

Its not just about whether they were better than Wilson (who?!), we've signed plenty of players that were better than our U23s! Doesn't mean I'd want to sign them. Plenty of time yet.

46 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

At this point we just need warm bodies really. A squad of 14 wouldn’t keep us in the Championship even if the quality was a fair bit higher. If I’m Rooney I’m trying to work who in that group would be willing to play on a CKR-style deal.

as of today, Messi is free. Knowing our luck we'll announce the signing (32Red who else) and he'll do his ACL at Copa America!

5 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

as of today, Messi is free. Knowing our luck we'll announce the signing (32Red who else) and he'll do his ACL at Copa America!

I don't want Messi. I've heard he can't do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke.

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This is WR32 team selection we are discussing, so Knight and Sibley likely to end up playing on the wings........

Seriously though, would Ebosele be an option if we didn't strengthen there?