Unpopular opinion

roboto

For those who want him gone, who would be happy for him to stay if Mac “who’s already been having an input” would be at the helm with him? Obviously would have to shift around the coaching team as there seems to be way too many chefs in the kitchen currently. I think Rosenior will move on to a lower league team as a #1 personally. 

19 minutes ago, sage said:

You want him to leave now. That would mean administration. 

Don’t be obtuse, clearly I don’t want him to just abandon the club (more than he already has done). I just want him gone ASAP, once a viable buyer comes to the fore, not these chancers he’s been dealing with so far.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Blaming the fans for what?

When I mention Mel and Rooney, you bring fans into the equation. I don’t think it’s remotely fair to criticise the supporters of this club who have been through a lot of pain this season.

If we stick by him and by some miracle he turns out to have some managerial ability what do you think will happen then. He'll do a Lampard on us and duck off to a bigger club. It's lose, lose. He's chit we sack him, he's great he ducks off. I don't believe he feels he owes us anything and I don't trust him (I'm still suspicious about the timing of the watch ....  delivery).

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

When I mention Mel and Rooney, you bring fans into the equation. I don’t think it’s remotely fair to criticise the supporters of this club who have been through a lot of pain this season.

Yeah and bet Mel Morris isnt hurting at all. £200m of his money thrown at it, and being slated by 'supporters' when in ill health but then also been told he should bankroll the club whilst the same 'supporters' continue to slate him...yeah we have been through so much pain haven't we?

3 minutes ago, rufus said:

If we stick by him and by some miracle he turns out to have some managerial ability what do you think will happen then. He'll do a Lampard on us and duck off to a bigger club. It's lose, lose. He's chit we sack him, he's great he ducks off. I don't believe he feels he owes us anything and I don't trust him (I'm still suspicious about the timing of the watch ....  delivery).

He said in his interview that he has loyalty - more than you it seems.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah and bet Mel Morris isnt hurting at all. £200m of his money thrown at it, and being slated by 'supporters' when in ill health but then also been told he should bankroll the club whilst the same 'supporters' continue to slate him...yeah we have been through so much pain haven't we?

I’m sure he’s hurting, but it was all of his own doing buying the club and investing so so so poorly. This is on him, not the supporters. It’s not their fault we are where we are now. It’s his decision making that got us into this mess. It’s his decision making which has left him in the situation he’s currently in. 

The supporters have every right to be angry about the position we’re currently in as a club. I’d never wish Ill health on a man and I hope Mel makes a full recovery, but this is about football, not personal matters. And speaking purely about football, Mel has failed Derby and it’s fans big time.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m sure he’s hurting, but it was all of his own doing buying the club and investing so so so poorly. This is on him, not the supporters. It’s not their fault we are where we are now. It’s his decision making that got us into this mess. It’s his decision making which has left him in the situation he’s currently in. 

The supporters have every right to be angry about the position we’re currently in as a club. I’d never wish Ill health on a man and I hope Mel makes a full recovery, but this is about football, not personal matters. And speaking purely about football, Mel has failed Derby and it’s fans big time.

From where I am, the position we are in is The Championship, exactly the same as when he took over.

He hasn't failed me, we've had 4 or 5 seasons of challenging at the top of this division and I am sure if it wasnt for EFL rules we still would be.

I don't think anyone with a straight face can say that an unqualified manager picking up 7 points from the last 45 available should be leading us next season. I mean that run is so bad if someone on the forum who had some minor football experience and tactical knowhow had a shot at the job they'd probably pick up the same amount of points. I honestly believe if we let Rooney lead us for anything more than 10 games next season we'll be in exactly this position next season- I've got no faith in his recruitment, his coaching or his ability to get the most out of the players. 

I think what bothered me today was that despite spending a week on the training ground defending set pieces we were all over the place, so either their sessions are garbage or every player can't defend. The space we allowed Bannan was absolutely criminal, he ran their midfield today and the obvious solution was to mark him out the game and hit him hard. Over the next weeks he needs to look at himself in the mirror and do not what is best for wayne rooney but what is best for Derby County. That is him admitting that he's not ready for this job, get his badges and start lower down the footballing pyramid. 

8 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I've got no faith in his recruitment, his coaching or his ability to get the most out of the players. 

I've got my doubts, believe me, but I think he gets a pass on the recruitment for now.

Coaching ability... I guess that's on Rosenior as well, maybe even more so than Rooney? They're both amateurs really. Rooney the manager and Rosenior the coach may not be a good combination? They were pretty much thrown together and forced to work with each other, but, just as Lampard (manager) needed Morris (coach) to succeed maybe Rooney needs his own man?

Getting the most out of players, especially young players, I find a lot  more difficult to reason for.

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

From where I am, the position we are in is The Championship, exactly the same as when he took over.

He hasn't failed me, we've had 4 or 5 seasons of challenging at the top of this division and I am sure if it wasnt for EFL rules we still would be.

Except this time we’ve just escaped relegation, not just missed out on promotion. You can make whatever ******** claim you want that there’s no difference in the end result, but there really is. The squad is significantly weaker now despite millions spent, we’ve got a totally incompetent coach in charge, been through various EFL charges which have dragged our name through the mud, and we’ve now been through two soon times be three failed takeovers to men clearly not fit to own Derby County. Thought he would only sell if it left the club in safe hands?

He may still have the wool over your eyes, but the rest of us can see the truth. This club is going nowhere but down with him at the helm.

7 hours ago, roboto said:

I think we should stick with Rooney through the summer.

Hear me out. Please.

The season has been the worst I can remember as a Derby fan. Rooney came in and managed to make us solid for a good run before injuries and confidence got sapped away. Add to that all the disruption in the boardroom and EFL stuff and it’s been a real baptism of fire.

I believe that he can learn from these lessons and all the teams start at 0 points (hopefully) next season and have 46 games to strive or survive. His tactics have been condemned most recent match days, but the squad has been bare bones for the run in.

Changing manager will take time and it won’t help us rebuild our squad, which is the priority right now. Rooney has the contacts and the name to draw in better players than our league position deserves. The Waghorn interview after the match leads me to believe that the players still believe in him.

Getting rid of Rooney will Also cost money that is better off used on the squad. Let him sign some players to build a better squad, give him some games next season to get some results. If things start terribly and don’t improve then we can get rid.

No one will be expecting us to transform and be a top 6 side next season, so let’s try and get some stability back in the coaching team.

Let me be clear here, I am not calling for Rooney to go, not at all.....

But, what you have said above is absolutely not correct, if ever you wanted to change a manager then now is the time.

Masses of players will walk out the door, whoever is in the seat will have to build from nothing. There is rationale around getting another Manager in who has experience in building a side, something Rooney has simply never ever done.

What I think absolutely needs to happen is a better back room staff around Rooney who am fill those gaps where his experience and knowledge is zero.

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Except this time we’ve just escaped relegation, not just missed out on promotion. You can make whatever ******** claim you want that there’s no difference in the end result, but there really is. The squad is significantly weaker now despite millions spent, we’ve got a totally incompetent coach in charge, been through various EFL charges which have dragged our name through the mud, and we’ve now been through two soon times be three failed takeovers to men clearly not fit to own Derby County. Thought he would only sell if it left the club in safe hands?

He may still have the wool over your eyes, but the rest of us can see the truth. This club is going nowhere but down with him at the helm.

Missed out on relegation and missed out on promotion, think that means we still start in the same division doesnt it?

Its his millions spent, not the clubs and I can bet my bottom dollar you wasnt calling for him not to invest in the playing squad at the time. 

And I am sure you would not have wanted him interfering with team matters so not sure he should be held responsible for bad signings. 

As for the takeovers you need to make your mind up, do you want him gone from the club asap or not? Or should he continue to bankroll the club until he finds a buyer that you approve of?

9 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Let me be clear here, I am not calling for Rooney to go, not at all.....

But, what you have said above is absolutely not correct, if ever you wanted to change a manager then now is the time.

Masses of players will walk out the door, whoever is in the seat will have to build from nothing. There is rationale around getting another Manager in who has experience in building a side, something Rooney has simply never ever done.

What I think absolutely needs to happen is a better back room staff around Rooney who am fill those gaps where his experience and knowledge is zero.

Yep this is what I think too.

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Missed out on relegation and missed out on promotion, think that means we still start in the same division doesnt it?

Its his millions spent, not the clubs and I can bet my bottom dollar you wasnt calling for him not to invest in the playing squad at the time. 

And I am sure you would not have wanted him interfering with team matters so not sure he should be held responsible for bad signings. 

As for the takeovers you need to make your mind up, do you want him gone from the club asap or not? Or should he continue to bankroll the club until he finds a buyer that you approve of?

Exactly the response I was expecting. Being in the same division doesn’t mean you’re in the same position as a club. And I’m sure you know that, it’s a baalocks argument.

Where did I say I didn’t want him to invest? That’s what we want from any owner. But we want wise investment that doesn’t put the club in danger. It’s not hard to see the difference.

He’s the owner of the club, he has to take ultimate responsibility for everything that happens within it. The recruitment has been woeful for years, he could have taken action to improve the scouting network and appoint a proper DOF. He hasn’t paid enough attention to it.

As for takeovers, I just want our current owner, a self proclaimed Derby fan, to keep the club alive until he can find someone to sell to with genuine intentions, rather than a bunch of potentially dangerous chancers. That too much to ask, really? 

I maintain that if Mel wasn’t from Derby and was just some foreign investor there would be absolute outcry at the way he’s run the club. He gets away with it because he seems like a likeable bloke. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Mmmmh. Your position is comparable to saying someone being in hospital for an ingrowing toenail but ending up on life support equipment with COVID is no worse off. Still in a hospital.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't think anyone with a straight face can say that an unqualified manager picking up 7 points from the last 45 available should be leading us next season. I mean that run is so bad if someone on the forum who had some minor football experience and tactical knowhow had a shot at the job they'd probably pick up the same amount of points. I honestly believe if we let Rooney lead us for anything more than 10 games next season we'll be in exactly this position next season- I've got no faith in his recruitment, his coaching or his ability to get the most out of the players. 

I think what bothered me today was that despite spending a week on the training ground defending set pieces we were all over the place, so either their sessions are garbage or every player can't defend. The space we allowed Bannan was absolutely criminal, he ran their midfield today and the obvious solution was to mark him out the game and hit him hard. Over the next weeks he needs to look at himself in the mirror and do not what is best for wayne rooney but what is best for Derby County. That is him admitting that he's not ready for this job, get his badges and start lower down the footballing pyramid. 

Spot on ?