Unpopular opinion

roboto

As I see it, there are three main options.

1. Rooney stays, with or without the current coaching set-up.

2. Rooney goes. Poach an apparently capable manager, proven at this level, from another club (Mark Robins? But why would he leave?)

3. Rooney goes and we pick up someone else's failure.

Quite a dilemma really.

Of couse, the Spanish stallion may buy up and install another Cocu.

9 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

As I see it, there are three main options.

1. Rooney stays, with or without the current coaching set-up.

2. Rooney goes. Poach an apparently capable manager, proven at this level, from another club (Mark Robins? But why would he leave?)

3. Rooney goes and we pick up someone else's failure.

Quite a dilemma really.

Of couse, the Spanish stallion may buy up and install another Cocu.

Would be only marginally better than the novice ?

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Rooney will be manager next season, people have the choice to get behind him or get on his back from day 1.

I'll get on his back before day 1 - the man is an inept buffoon, if we do have money for a rebuild we can't let this idiot squander it.

Any money we have for a rebuild needs to be spent by someone who knows what they are doing - Rooney is clueless

We cant sack him when he hasn't won for another 6 games & then the next manager not have anything left to spend himself 

Imagine unironically thinking that Rooney should keep his job. He’s just gone a third of a season with just one win. The man is the most incompetent coach I’ve ever seen on the Pride Park touchline - even worse than Pearson and Jewell. Today is a relief, but Wayne Rooney should never darken this club again. And neither should Mel Morris.

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's not unpopular it's downright ludricous. 

How many games without a win, only stayed up by pure luck but yer let's give the guy another opportunity to relegate us next season.

Yeah I'm up for that 

You don't stay up by luck over a 46 game season.

If you want to factor luck into it, hos much weight do you attribute to losing your star player that is bossing the division, or not having a fit striker for the last 10 games?

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Imagine unironically thinking that Rooney should keep his job. He’s just gone a third of a season with just one win. The man is the most incompetent coach I’ve ever seen on the Pride Park touchline - even worse than Pearson and Jewell. Today is a relief, but Wayne Rooney should never darken this club again. And neither should Mel Morris.

So...administration then.

Hey ho.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

...or a lot of our 'supporters' that no doubt would have disappeared for a few seasons had we been relegated today...

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If you want to factor luck into it, hos much weight do you attribute to losing your star player that is bossing the division, or not having a fit striker for the last 10 games?

We stayed up by the skin of our teeth, the finest of margins, you can try to smooth that over anyway you want.

Just get rid now.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Yes, we did.

Sheff Weds had a 6 point deduction for off-field reasons, that was lucky for us. Rotherham had a massive backlog of games due to 3 fixtures being re-arranged because of Covid...their small squad predictably cracked. That was also lucky for us.

The old adage of the 'league table doesnt lie' isn't especially appropriate in this situation.

3 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Yes, we did.

Sheff Weds had a 6 point deduction for off-field reasons, that was lucky for us. Rotherham had a massive backlog of games due to 3 fixtures being re-arranged because of Covid...their small squad predictably cracked. That was also lucky for us.

The old adage of the 'league table doesnt lie' isn't especially appropriate in this situation.

That wasnt luck, the Sheff Wed point deduction was known about before the season (in fact it was a 12 point deduction that was reduced).

Did we get luck with the disallowed goal at Forest? The last minute penalty at Blackburn? The goal scored from on the goal line today that was not judged offside? Losing our star player when in a great run of form? Both of our strikers being injured in the home straight. 

I’m caught up in the emotion of the day. I’d stick with Rooney today. Was impressed by his interview, I’m really pleased for him he needed this today.

Tomorrow emotion and sentiment will pass and I’ll return to my view he’s isnt the right man.

I would however give Waggy another contract on the right terms 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

That wasnt luck, the Sheff Wed point deduction was known about before the season (in fact it was a 12 point deduction that was reduced).

Did we get luck with the disallowed goal at Forest? The last minute penalty at Blackburn? The goal scored from on the goal line today that was not judged offside? Losing our star player when in a great run of form? Both of our strikers being injured in the home straight. 

False equivalence. Every team has injuries, every team suffers from dodgy officiating

It's irrelevant that Wendies had their points deduction from the start of the season. They got more points on the football field than we did but they still went down. Not the players fault, not the fans fault.

It's like saying Barnsley deserved to stay up last year even though Wigan got a 10 point deduction for administration.

51 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

I'll get on his back before day 1 - the man is an inept buffoon, if we do have money for a rebuild we can't let this idiot squander it.

Any money we have for a rebuild needs to be spent by someone who knows what they are doing - Rooney is clueless

We cant sack him when he hasn't won for another 6 games & then the next manager not have anything left to spend himself 

Good for you

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

...or a lot of our 'supporters' that no doubt would have disappeared for a few seasons had we been relegated today...

Ah, the old blame the fans rather than the people actually responsible. A classic. I don’t think there’s many on here that wouldn’t have been here in League One. I know I would have been

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ah, the old blame the fans rather than the people actually responsible. A classic. I don’t think there’s many on here that wouldn’t have been here in League One. I know I would have been

Blaming the fans for what?