Unpopular opinion

roboto

The problem was, before the start of the season we did not have a striker that would score us goals, hence why we were one of the lowest scorers in th league. That was down to Cocu/recruitment/scouts etc. Wayne had one window which was held up by an embargo and to be honest the chances of finding a striker was slim to none. So I would give him another chance and see where we are by December before passing our comments on whether he should stay or go.

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why reply if you're not interested in a debate? 

Rooney isn't a manager anyway. He's just overseen our worst season in modern history. This guy doesn't deserve a crack at anything, he's garbage. The sooner he's gone the better.

He's as bad as Cocu and everybody wanted him to stay.  

Just now, plymouthram said:

The problem was, before the start of the season we did not have a striker that would score us goals, hence why we were one of the lowest scorers in th league. That was down to Cocu/recruitment/scouts etc. Wayne had one window which was held up by an embargo and to be honest the chances of finding a striker was slim to none. So I would give him another chance and see where we are by December before passing our comments on whether he should stay or go.

You say this was down to Cocu... incorrect... this could be down to Mel. 

18 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's crazy that people think Rooney deserves to stay up because Rotherham messed up their lead at the end of their game. How low are people's expectations? Staying up on the last day by the skin of our teeth isn't good enough. The only way we can move forward is to get this guy gone. The football is rubbish, the results are rubbish, we fluked survival. Rooney out. 

The squad is gash mate, you cant polish a turd.

24 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He brought in 5 players in January. Keeping Derby up is not an achievement, it should be a given. 

Except given the position Derby was in when he took over, it is an achievement.... No club is too big to go down.... 

Yeah he brought 5 players in, 2 of which seasons ended by injury at least 4 games ago, and 5 players on loan who were probably not first choice.... 

23 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Time to end the celebrity experiment, we can’t afford to waste another summer and waste the little funds we have.

We need a new direction and move away from the entitlement and arrogance.

A manager on the up that knows the Champ and League 1, Evatt or similar, would definitely be a preferable option to the incumbent.

********obviously all this said, we don’t have the funds to get rid anyways********

So you'd get rid of an inexperienced manager that at least has the contacts and clout to attract players to the club for another inexperienced manager who no one outside of the team's he's played for knows who he is?

1 minute ago, SparxTheRam said:

Except given the position Derby was in when he took over, it is an achievement.... No club is too big to go down.... 

Yeah he brought 5 players in, 2 of which seasons ended by injury at least 4 games ago, and 5 players on loan who were probably not first choice.... 

2 point away from safety with 35 games to play. What a doomed position. He brought them in, why loan in players if you aren't gonna use em? 

Main concern for me is every time we’re winning/on top and the opposition make changes, we lose. He simply can’t compete tactically as a manager when the other manager makes the first change. 

Throwing the game vs Cardiff didn’t help, persistence with Roos for the last few games of the season almost cost us our Championship status. This is an experienced group of players that should be good enough to stay up comfortably, but poor tactics and whatever the hell Mel has been up to/influencing hasn’t helped either. 

1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

You say this was down to Cocu... incorrect... this could be down to Mel. 

You need to read my comments again, I stated Cocu/recruitment/scouts etc, not Mel. Why are you blaming him. Cocu spent £10m on a midfielder in Beliek who is a class player but should we have possibly spent on a striker

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't know how many times it needs to be pointed out that this squad finished 10th last season.

yeh what did he do from July until he got sacked? It wasnt 10th then and no signs of changing....Cocu had the momentum and confidence from the Lampard era, when that went he was totally exposed. Rooney had to drag them up off the floor when he got it.  It was poor all season.

32 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Nope, get rid ASAP 

Mel/ Erik or whoever owns the club next season needs to find out where Chris Wilder lives and go and camp in his garden until he agrees manage us 

I would drive up and beg for him to come myself. If the club has any ambition or common sense, they should go all out for the man.

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

You need to read my comments again, I stated Cocu/recruitment/scouts etc, not Mel. Why are you blaming him. Cocu spent £10m on a midfielder in Beliek who is a class player but should we have possibly spent on a striker

How could Cocu know he would do his ACL? When he played, we had top 4 form, Cocu had a good eye for a player if nothing else. 

2 minutes ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Main concern for me is every time we’re winning/on top and the opposition make changes, we lose. He simply can’t compete tactically as a manager when the other manager makes the first change. 

Throwing the game vs Cardiff didn’t help, persistence with Roos for the last few games of the season almost cost us our Championship status. This is an experienced group of players that should be good enough to stay up comfortably, but poor tactics and whatever the hell Mel has been up to/influencing hasn’t helped either. 

To be honest Guardiola would not have changed today...when you have to rely on Forysth Roos etc there is no hope for you.  

9 minutes ago, SparxTheRam said:

So you'd get rid of an inexperienced manager that at least has the contacts and clout to attract players to the club for another inexperienced manager who no one outside of the team's he's played for knows who he is?

Well he’s played for us, so we know who he is!

Evatt also has managerial experience at three clubs.

Why the obsession with a name?

Edited by Ramarena

To be honest, I don't feel Rooney is particularly at fault for where we ended up; that's, imo, the result of the completely exhausting nonsense that has been constantly swirling around the club for 2 years now.

That crap needs to get sorted this summer. Has to. And Frankly, if it does, I think Rooney is a perfectly adequate figure to have in charge. He may not be great, he may not be good, I don't know - but right now this ship (and I don't mean the team, I mean the club) needs steadying before it breaks itself apart.

Things have to be fixed in stages and the coaching staff isn't top of the list. 

1 minute ago, GrimsbyRam said:

yeh what did he do from July until he got sacked? It wasnt 10th then and no signs of changing....Cocu had the momentum and confidence from the Lampard era, when that went he was totally exposed. Rooney had to drag them up off the floor when he got it.  It was poor all season.

Rubbish. Momentum from the Lampard era? We picked up in the middle of the season, we started rubbish and he had to deal with the drink driving incident. Rooney didn't drag up anything. He took a team 2 points from relegation to just above the relegation zone. Cocu would have managed that and got us mid table comfortably. Rooney did a poo job.

2 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

It's never been revealed whether Bielik was Cocu's signing or whether it was already in the pipeline.

Either way, it was the points won in the games in which he played that kept us up.

Not Rooney's management in the games since Bielik was injured.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't know how many times it needs to be pointed out that this squad finished 10th last season.

This squad has been on a steady decline for years, the likes of Forsyth, Lawrence, Wisdom, Roos etc have passed thier expiry date so there's a natural decline, we need to totally revamp the squad, we need to have better players to complement the young talent we do have.

Sibley, Buchanan, Knight etc have gone backwards a little bit this year even before Rooney took over.