Unpopular opinion

roboto

Time to end the celebrity experiment, we can’t afford to waste another summer and waste the little funds we have.

We need a new direction and move away from the entitlement and arrogance.

A manager on the up that knows the Champ and League 1, Evatt or similar, would definitely be a preferable option to the incumbent.

********obviously all this said, we don’t have the funds to get rid anyways********

Undeniably, Rooney has had a baptism of fire and in a different scenario could have been a better manager in his time here. Two things really struck me today - one was the number of people in the technical area, it just seemed that we had more people lingering with opinions than we had players on the pitch. Second was how lonely he looked at full time, besides Waghorn I didn't see one player find him and celebrate with him.

But, truth is, we could hire Guardiola with Klopp as assistant and it's all just cosmetic. The future of Derby lies off the pitch - sort out the ownership, determine the business plan then put the team in place to execute against that. It seems we are still a long, long way for the first of those things happening, never mind the others.

It's crazy that people think Rooney deserves to stay up because Rotherham messed up their lead at the end of their game. How low are people's expectations? Staying up on the last day by the skin of our teeth isn't good enough. The only way we can move forward is to get this guy gone. The football is rubbish, the results are rubbish, we fluked survival. Rooney out. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's crazy that people think Rooney deserves to stay up because Rotherham messed up their lead at the end of their game. How low are people's expectations? Staying up on the last day by the skin of our teeth isn't good enough. The only way we can move forward is to get this guy gone. The football is rubbish, the results are rubbish, we fluked survival. Rooney out. 

Don't agree. Not interested in a long debate but I hope he gets next season with some opportunity to bring in some quality players. UTR 

Just now, Andicis said:

That’s really going to help, no owner, no players.

I know let’s go for a full deck and add no manager as well!

Old adage “be very careful what you wish for”

I know it’s a divisive situation. But we haven’t been the worst team since he took over. We were the worst team when he took over.

I don’t think he’s the best man for the job but possibly the best situation is him staying and improving his coaching and the squad.

Changing managers in the summer is a waste of our time when we need to get a squad together to hit the ground running next season.

If we change manager and they don’t get results then we’re back I. This position, but with a lot less money after paying off contracts.

That’s the way I see it right now.

Rooney to me should’ve been like John Terry at Villa. Finished his career, then stepped up alongside a proven Manager like Dean Smith, whilst he completed his badges.

He wasn’t ready to be thrown into this,  will he be ready next year?  Sorry nothing he’s done this last dozen matches convinced me he will be.

Its likely he’ll be here now next season, so we’ll have to get behind him but I don’t predict it being successful.

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Don't agree. Not interested in a long debate but I hope he gets next season with some opportunity to bring in some quality players. UTR 

Why reply if you're not interested in a debate? 

3 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

That’s really going to help, no owner, no players.

I know let’s go for a full deck and add no manager as well!

Old adage “be very careful what you wish for”

Rooney isn't a manager anyway. He's just overseen our worst season in modern history. This guy doesn't deserve a crack at anything, he's garbage. The sooner he's gone the better.

Just now, Rosythram said:

So assume you get your way, what would one propose happens from that point?

I assume that reply was aimed at me, so I'll reply. What happens from that point? Regardless of if it's Alonso or Mel, there are plenty of managers out there, do the leg work, find one that will want to work with our young players and play attacking football and bring them in. 

34 minutes ago, trekkie_ram said:

Waghorn was hardly going to throw him under the bus in the interview?

No idea if he deserves longer, I don’t think we have that dreadful run with a better manager.

Define better manager though, that would have come to us (not the fantasy that was around with Benitez etC).  We are a team of misfits - keepers that are inconsistent, our best defender is on loan from BHA.  A midfield that has no creativity and an old man upfront.  Hes had to beg steal and borrow.  Ultimately the loan (numbers) did enough for us. We are a poor squad.  Rooney sees that, I can see it.  We need to start with the spine of the team - Keeper - 2 CBs, a midfielder with Bielik and a striker.  

5 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

So assume you get your way, what would one propose happens from that point?

In an ideal world Bolton somehow screw up and miss promotion, we get a new owner and hire Evatt. Failing that we could just draw a face on a paper plate and make that manager, it would still do  a better job than Rooney.