Unpopular opinion

roboto

I think we should stick with Rooney through the summer.

Hear me out. Please.

The season has been the worst I can remember as a Derby fan. Rooney came in and managed to make us solid for a good run before injuries and confidence got sapped away. Add to that all the disruption in the boardroom and EFL stuff and it’s been a real baptism of fire.

I believe that he can learn from these lessons and all the teams start at 0 points (hopefully) next season and have 46 games to strive or survive. His tactics have been condemned most recent match days, but the squad has been bare bones for the run in.

Changing manager will take time and it won’t help us rebuild our squad, which is the priority right now. Rooney has the contacts and the name to draw in better players than our league position deserves. The Waghorn interview after the match leads me to believe that the players still believe in him.

Getting rid of Rooney will Also cost money that is better off used on the squad. Let him sign some players to build a better squad, give him some games next season to get some results. If things start terribly and don’t improve then we can get rid.

No one will be expecting us to transform and be a top 6 side next season, so let’s try and get some stability back in the coaching team.

Edited by roboto

10 minutes ago, roboto said:

Hear me out. Please.

The season has been the worst I can remember as a Derby fan. Rooney came in and managed to make us solid for a good run before injuries and confidence got sapped away. Add to that all the disruption in the boardroom and EFL stuff and it’s been a real baptism of fire.

I believe that he can learn from these lessons and all the teams start at 0 points (hopefully) next season and have 46 games to strive or survive. His tactics have been condemned most recent match days, but the squad has been bare bones for the run in.

Changing manager will take time and it won’t help us rebuild our squad, which is the priority right now. Rooney has the contacts and the name to draw in better players than our league position deserves. The Waghorn interview after the match leads me to believe that the players still believe in him.

Getting rid of Rooney will Also cost money that is better off used on the squad. Let him sign some players to build a better squad, give him some games next season to get some results. If things start terribly and don’t improve then we can get rid.

No one will be expecting us to transform and be a top 6 side next season, so let’s try and get some stability back in the coaching team.

No,simply no.

Dreadful manager and coach.

We need to move on.

17 minutes ago, roboto said:

Hear me out. Please.

Rooney one more seasons??  Hahahaha. Don’t forget he has been here for 18 months. There is no evidence he will turn this round... one point from the last seven is horrific. 

8 minutes ago, SparxTheRam said:

I think he should stay, he has done what he was asked to do and kept us up..... 

No money for his own players, the loss of an 8m player when his side was just starting to gel....

He deserves the chance with a clean slate, his own players and hopefully a more stable off pitch situation

He brought in 5 players in January. Keeping Derby up is not an achievement, it should be a given.