Show of support at Pride Park - Saturday 10am

Sean

I hope anybody that attends outside the ground pre-game does so with good intentions and only to support and encourage the lads.

This lot of players certainly do not deserve to be applauded and cheered in to the ground, however what choice do we have? Whether you like this squad, or any individual player, it doesn't really matter. This set of players currently represent Derby County Football Club and have one game to ensure they don't take us down. Any negativity or abuse directed before the game will not have any benefit whatsoever. The only thing it does is potentially hand Sheffield Wednesday the psychological upper hand.

We need to stay up no matter what. We don't need to be singing, dancing & hugging if we manage to survive. The players don't need pats on the back if they crawl to a 0-0 draw that sees us safe by the skin of our teeth. It's likely our squad will be vastly different next season regardless of what division we're playing in, and from around 3pm on Saturday the vast majority are players I honestly could not care less about, or who they go on to play for next.

However until then, they mean absolutely everything and may somehow still have the opportunity for some kind of redemption after a season which has been mostly filled with embarrassing, soulless performances.

Give the lads the encouragement to get us over the line. The players shoot themselves in the foot on the pitch often enough, let's not do our bit as fans to help them pull the trigger.

Edited by Kernow

As long as fans follow all the protocols in place & are there to actually support the team then I am all for this.

Dont know how many will turn up but if a few hundred make it and make themselves heard that could be the little boost to the players that they may need going into the game. In the position they have put us in it must be difficult not to have fans there to help them out, yes they should be used to it and yes fans will have probably got on their backs at times but I reckon a few of the home games this season where we have conceded a late equaliser, been pushing for an equaliser ourselves or hanging on to a lead, with fans there backing the team we will have got a few more points on the board. Yes I know thats the same for all teams but I dont care about them & as I said before fans there on Sat could be that little boost for the players. A little bit of normality having the fans there cheering them on.

13 minutes ago, sage said:

I went last time, 10am is too early. Players get to the ground around 90 minutes before the game, so 10.30/10.40 would be better.

Stewards are fine as long as people distance and stay behind the barrier. 

Which game was that, Birmingham? Did many turn up?

22 minutes ago, sage said:

I went last time, 10am is too early. Players get to the ground around 90 minutes before the game, so 10.30/10.40 would be better.

Stewards are fine as long as people distance and stay behind the barrier. 

Wasn't sure when they arrived myself but it's the time being floated around on Twitter.

I guess it means there's more time for people to get there for when the lads turn up

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

Wasn't sure when they arrived myself but it's the time being floated around on Twitter.

I guess it means there's more time for people to get there for when the lads turn up

For the Brum game some people turned up at 12 and got shooed off by the police. 

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Seen this doing the rounds on social media but not sure if it's been brought to much attention on here - some are socially distanced-gathering at Pride Park on Saturday at 10am to support the lads ahead of the game. Hopefully may give them a psychological boost before any post-season enquiries begin...

Cant really see it anywhere else but here, is it getting much support?