Show of support at Pride Park - Saturday 10am

Sean

3 hours ago, EdinRam said:

I'm sorry but I know we have just stayed up but the scenes after were pretty embarrassing and make us look tinpot. We stayed up by a scratch, we haven't just won the champions league. 

For the current rabble to come back after falling behind twice is certainly worth celebrating! And in the season ahead we will be thanking them they managed it!

10 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Whilst I would normally agree... rules are rules. Could send out a bad message where people in a position of power (the players) disregard them. 

I get I may sound like a boring miserable bar steward but I’m just as happy we are staying up sat at home with a few beers and a Chinese. ?

You might be just as happy to spend your life sat at home with a few beers and a Chinese but many many people want and need to live real lives 

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Great show of support from the fans before the game. It was exactly what was needed. I totally understand the emotion from the players after the game, but I was a little confused regarding the players running into the supporters. It's not a great look on various different levels. As a squad, they've vastly underperformed for the entire season and really didn't even win the game on the final day to keep us up. 1 win in the last 15 games of the season should be an embarrassment to any professional within the team. All that being said, we managed to get over the line - mostly thanks to Marlon Pack. 

Nevertheless, we have months now to dissect this season and a lot of the players who played today likely won't be at the club next season, so why not enjoy the moment? It was a good way for Waghorn to bow out - one of the finest performances in a Derby shirt after an utter shocking season by him. The loan players are likely to go back, plus you would have to imagine that without a takeover then we're susceptible to players being sold: Marshall, Sibley, Jozwiak, Knight and Lawrence come to mind. 

The worst season I've had supporting Derby is officially over. I will drink to that

I'm pretty sure the fans were behind barriers (the ones with the black and white banner on them) when the players went out to do the bounce. The fans seem to push through those barriers on another video and stewards can be seen trying to hold them back.

If the players had walked straight out to their expensive 4x4s, heads down and merely raised a mild hand in bare recognition....sure everyone would be commenting what an appropriate and measured response it was!!!

They were relieved and happy and expressed it and thanked the fans. Very glad they did. 

If they come in today demanding wage increases or are posting about a 'successful season' then too right I'd be irritated but they are showing they agree we were bloody lucky and it's a massive relief. Not thinking that would show arrogance and entitlement beyond belief to me. 

12 hours ago, EdinRam said:

I'm sorry but I know we have just stayed up but the scenes after were pretty embarrassing and make us look tinpot. We stayed up by a scratch, we haven't just won the champions league. 

Am I embarrassed at the scenes of celebration? Absolutely not. Do I think it portrays us as a tinpot team? Heck no. I suspect pretty much every other team, and their fans, would have done exactly the same thing.

They weren’t celebrating a famous victory or a successful season? Of course they weren’t.

What we saw was the pleasure and releasing of emotions at having avoided relegation after such a roller coaster of a game for which the vast majority of it looked like we were going down.

Now the dust has settled I’m sure all fans, players, management and owners will look back on a disaster of a season and agree that it wasn’t acceptable and know we only escaped due to the failures of others and Wednesday’s points deduction. But, whether you’re a life long fan or a player on loan that won’t be here next year, I would suggest there is nothing to be embarrassed about and if you failed to get engaged in emotions of the moment then I’d question your passion for the sport and the club.

58 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

But, whether you’re a life long fan or a player on loan that won’t be here next year, I would suggest there is nothing to be embarrassed about and if you failed to get engaged in emotions of the moment then I’d question your passion for the sport and the club.

"George Edmundson: Would like to thank everyone at @dcfcofficial been a pleasure to play for the rams and even bigger pleasure to share the dressing room with a great bunch of lads who fought till the end!!! WE ARE STAYING UP"

"Lee Gregory: I want to thank @dcfcofficial for the unbelievable time I had whilst on loan. Didn’t finish the way I wanted to personally with the injury but that is football. I would have done anything to be involved in the game today but the boys dug deep and it paid off well done lads. THANK YOU. THE RAMS ARE STAYING UP"

I don't think we should underestimate what going down would have meant. People would have lost their jobs if they had. I'm not talking about players, but back room staff and people behind the scenes. The players interact with these people on a daily basis, so I'm sure it's not lost on them what that result meant. It will have weighed on their minds heavily, no doubt. I have no problem with them releasing all that tension and anxiety with celebrating fans. 

On 08/05/2021 at 21:02, TexasRam said:

When Lampard ducked off and when Rooney ducks off, we’ll always be here. Without fans football is nothing, always remember that no matter what division we are in ?

174F1612-CE7D-4BD4-A211-09DCB24751ED.jpeg

Get that put on a mug and I'll buy one for a start!

(the photo, that is, not your comment!?)

Edited by Brammie Steve

51 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

Get that put on a mug and I'll buy one for a start!

(the photo, that is, not your comment!?)

Can you widen the shot by six foot to the left so that I’m on it and I’ll buy one ?‍♂️