Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm pretty sure he could **** that up.

Sure, but don't they say, better the devil you know?

Any owner could mess (?) it up ...

But, he wouldn't be able to blame internal constraints ... or external constraints either ... if he bought up the club.

Edited by Ken Tram

Personally, I don't mind managers moaning about the boardroom. Although Billy Davies got it in the neck for doing it in interviews.

Managers do have to say something in these endless round of interviews.

And I much prefer to hear opinions than bland soundbites.

But, I do wonder what effect it has on players.

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

We’d appoint Wassall or Mac or both. 

Both already on the payroll and no backward step in managerial talent.

Is McClaren still on the payroll? No one even knows what he does? The most pointless of appointments ever! Great if he was on the grass doing what he does best, but he isn’t. Not heard from him at all.

1 minute ago, enachops said:

Is McClaren still on the payroll? No one even knows what he does? The most pointless of appointments ever! Great if he was on the grass doing what he does best, but he isn’t. Not heard from him at all.

As far as we know…..time to make him earn his corn!

7 minutes ago, enachops said:

He was brought in,without a doubt,to assist the inexperienced Rooney (whatever they said at the time)

Assistance that Wayne clearly believed he didn't need.

He needs to be out on the field doing what he does best.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 hour ago, enachops said:

I’m no fan of Rooney, far from. But I can’t understand the logic in those saying he should do the honourable thing and walk away. With the absolute shambles that we are, we wouldn’t be able to appoint anyone anyway. We’re lucky he hasn’t walked away. I doubt anyone would want this job. It’s nigh on impossible. We’re a disgrace of a club right now. Rooney is also a big carrot for any prospective owners. I don’t think he is up to the job, but I don’t think many could have us competitive with the squad we currently have. Tough times ahead.

Rooney should do one of two things:

1. Tell the world he is lucky to be managing our club and that he is determined to get the best out of our squad whatever its weaknesses

2 resign 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

1. Tell the world he is lucky to be managing our club and that he is determined to get the best out of our squad whatever its weaknesses

2 resign 

3. Re sign keogh ???

Has anyone seen MacLaren anywhere near the club in the last, say, 4 months.

Personally I think he came in and gave a bit of advice and then left and hasn’t come back. He’s not doing anything other than been paid as a consultant once in a while. I’m not ITK, I just think that’s all there is to it.

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

2 resign 

Why would Rooney resign? He kinda has said No.1 previously. 

Q) So that (walking away) has never crossed your mind bearing in my mind this is your first job as a manager?

Rooney: No. Listen, this is a job I love doing, and I want to do it for a long time, and it is a challenge. Not everything is ideal. Gary Bowyer (Salford City manager) hasn't got a training ground, everyone has got different problems, different issues. All I can do is face them head on and make sure I prepare the team as best I can.

Edited by RoyMac5

18 minutes ago, Malty said:

Has anyone seen MacLaren anywhere near the club in the last, say, 4 months.

Personally I think he came in and gave a bit of advice and then left and hasn’t come back. He’s not doing anything other than been paid as a consultant once in a while. I’m not ITK, I just think that’s all there is to it.

Is this all in your imagination or do you have some actual information?

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Q) So that (walking away) has never crossed your mind bearing in my mind this is your first job as a manager?

Rooney: No. Listen, this is a job I love doing, and I want to do it for a long time, and it is a challenge. Not everything is ideal. Gary Bowyer (Salford City manager) hasn't got a training ground, everyone has got different problems, different issues. All I can do is face them head on and make sure I prepare the team as best I can.

He’s doing his best Macca ?

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Pretty crass thing to say to emphasise that the team whom beat us today not only are 2 divisions below us but also don't have a training ground too. 

Would have chosen a better example tbf.

But that's just me.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Pretty crass thing to say to emphasise that the team whom beat us today not only are 2 divisions below us but also don't have a training ground too. 

Would have chosen a better example tbf.

But that's just me.

Or perhaps its just that he knows Gary Bowyer from our club. ?

30 minutes ago, enachops said:

Why would Rooney resign? He kinda has said No.1 previously. 

To explain my post: Rooney is revving up the blame game (“I don’t have a squad, what can I do?”) to protect his brand and enhance his future career as a manager.

What I’m saying  is, he’d do himself more credit if he simply said: ‘I’m in the middle of a poo storm. But you know what, I’m focused on one thing, getting the best out of the players on the pitch. “  What the silly chap doesn’t realise is: saying that, and acting it out, is how he best protects his brand. It’s also how he gets the best out of the players. Anything else is self interested treachery that damages our club.