Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Most likely he's waiting to see if the new owners do come in and hopefully rescue the situation and his reputation with cash and new players......

If it doesn't happen asap.then he's back in the position I've described...he can't walk away without losing serious potential compo,so he'd need the next club to make up for it (not a problem for man u or city,less so for Salford).

I mentioned this a few weeks ago. He will have sat down with his advisors this summer and gamed the scenarios to see what would work in his favour.

Im betting he decided to stick in the hope the takeover would as you said, salvage the situation.

But that’s not materialised and it’s now catch 22 for him. He’s not going to have clubs lining up to offer him a position at a decent club if he walks, no matter what other people say. 

I don’t think compo is a problem, it’s back pocket change to him in reality.

Much more important for him is his reputation/brand, if he thought he could maintain that he’d walk away with no second thoughts about compensation.

Edited by Ramarena

I’m no fan of Rooney, far from. But I can’t understand the logic in those saying he should do the honourable thing and walk away. With the absolute shambles that we are, we wouldn’t be able to appoint anyone anyway. We’re lucky he hasn’t walked away. I doubt anyone would want this job. It’s nigh on impossible. We’re a disgrace of a club right now. Rooney is also a big carrot for any prospective owners. I don’t think he is up to the job, but I don’t think many could have us competitive with the squad we currently have. Tough times ahead.

Just now, atherstoneram said:

I don't think,with the money Rooney has,that compo is a factor,people would be saying he walked away from a club in turmoil, he stays,we get relegated and still comes out of it with some credability as being shown a battler for trying to survive in the championship with the poor squad/finances people knew the club was in before the season even started

We don't know how much money he has and footballers like everyone else live to their means....new Ferraris,multi million pound houses and paying for Colleen's various interests (including fighting law suits) don't come cheap.

He will get some slack from potential clubs down the line but at the minute he's on a extraordinarily long winless streak and missed relegation by a hairs breadth.

To go to a big club he's going to have to show more.

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I mentioned this a few weeks ago. He will have sat down with his advisors this summer and gamed the scenarios to see what would work in his favour.

Im betting he decided to stick in the hope the takeover would as you said, salvage the situation.

But that’s not materialised and it’s now catch 22 for him. He’s not going to have clubs lining up to offer him a position at a decent club if he walks, no matter what other people say. 

Much more important for him is his reputation/brand, if he thought he could maintain that he’d walk away with no second thoughts about compensation.

Got 4 kids ain't he? To be fair he won't jack it in as it's time out of the house!!!

1 minute ago, enachops said:

I’m no fan of Rooney, far from. But I can’t understand the logic in those saying he should do the honourable thing and walk away. With the absolute shambles that we are, we wouldn’t be able to appoint anyone anyway. We’re lucky he hasn’t walked away. I doubt anyone would want this job. It’s nigh on impossible. We’re a disgrace of a club right now. Rooney is also a big carrot for any prospective owners. I don’t think he is up to the job, but I don’t think many could have us competitive with the squad we currently have. Tough times ahead.

We’d appoint Wassall or Mac or both. 

Both already on the payroll and no backward step in managerial talent.

Unbelievable that anyone could point the finger at the manager right at this moment..its an impossible job for anybody..he hasn't got a team to put on the pitch ffs..the ownership is 100% to blame total embarrassing shambles..destroying this club..the only light is the possibility of proper professional owners stepping in..but when??..I give Rooney credit for trying to fight through this situation..but to say he has the cards stacked against him is a massive understatement..

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

We’d appoint Wassall or Mac or both. 

Both already on the payroll and no backward step in managerial talent.

And whilst they would have a massive battle on,they would bring in more points than Wayne,I'd pretty much guarantee that with his inexperience.

And as you say,they are already on the books.

My only worry with Mac is that he might consider that whilst he could do a much better job than wazzer,he wouldn't want potential relegation in his name should he be called upon to save us at too late a time in the season.

I'd be happy with wassell,he has nothing to lose.

Anyway,just the thought of one of them taking over is a pipe dream as it stands,it isn't happening.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

35 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If he did tho,bang goes his compensation which he would be seeking if his contract was terminated by the club in the future.

He'd be mad just to walk without anywhere else to go or a financial restitution solution in place.

So you think someone who's worth 100mill would be bothered about a poxy few hundred grand ?

22 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

In that case, could he clear our debts!

If he gets in some fresh players and coaches he will be more likely to succeed, raise his reputation, improve his managerial skills, and enjoy the job much more!

Or, he could buy a share of Derby, and be owning a Premier League club before his old mates manage it at Salford!

Edited by Ken Tram

I don't think Rooney's the ideal man for the job, but then again I can't see anyone doing much better in the circumstances. 

No experienced manager would touch us with a bargepole.

He shouldn't have been recruited as a player, he certainly shouldn't have been appointed manager, but neither of those decisions were his.

Having recruited and appointed him manager, the onus is on the owner to see it through.

Yet we are met with muddled messaging, no cash to play with, yet 5 days spent away at a no doubt expensive training camp. Are we skint or not, will Mel see us through or not?

If Mel's checked out, and it appears that's the case, that's pretty much unforgivable in my eyes. 

When you take ownership, or in his words just buy a more expensive season ticket, your taking the hopes and aspirations of a whole city and its further fan base on, then you have an obligation to that club to chuck everything you have at it.

Anything less is cowardice.

7 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

In that case, could he clear our debts!

If he gets in some fresh players and coaches he will be more likely to succeed, raise his reputation, improve his managerial skills, and enjoy the job much more!

Or, he could buy a share of Derby, and be owning a Premier League club before his old mates manage it at Salford!

We’d be stuck with him forever if he invested!