Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As far as I am aware Wayne Rooney has no coaching qualifications. Why then is he the Manager of DCFC when there are plenty of more qualified people and more experienced people who are already employed by the club. Mclaren, Rosenior, Wassell and Walker are all better qualified and in all probability would do a better job.

The best thing for the club would be for Wayne to walk away, if this isn’t an option gardening leave is probably the best option.

28 minutes ago, chadlad said:

As far as I am aware Wayne Rooney has no coaching qualifications. Why then is he the Manager of DCFC when there are plenty of more qualified people and more experienced people who are already employed by the club. Mclaren, Rosenior, Wassell and Walker are all better qualified and in all probability would do a better job.

The best thing for the club would be for Wayne to walk away, if this isn’t an option gardening leave is probably the best option.

He's currently doing his B Licence under the Player2Coach initiative, will have his UEFA B by end of year.

*Edit 

I may have the specifics wrong, but he's working on a course it may be the FA Level 3 (UEFA B) or the FA Level 4 (UEFA A) that he's doing, and the Player2coach seems to be a BAME course, but had dinner with a St. Georges Park coach last week who is a friend of Waynes and he told me that he will have the badge required for the Champ by Christmas and it was an accelerated course like the Player2Coach scheme.

Edited by Mick Harford

19 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Good evening.

There has been a couple of requests not to post the recent pictures that have emerged on social media of Rooney and ladies.

Please don’t post anymore or point warnings which could result in a ban will be made.

We are not protecting Rooney, we are protecting your forum.

Thank you.

Point of information: are we allowed to discuss issues related to the photos or other media stories?

There is an argument that such stories are bringing (yet more) disrepute on the club.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Point of information: are we allowed to discuss issues related to the photos or other media stories?

There is an argument that such stories are bringing (yet more) disrepute on the club.

I'd assumed they were just agents he was in (Ugandan) discussions with?

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thanks, Mick. It makes sense that he is gradually getting his coaching qualifications alongside his management role.

I may have the specifics wrong, but he's working on a course it may be the FA Level 3 (UEFA B) or the FA Level 4 (UEFA A) that he's doing, and the Player2coach seems to be a BAME course, but had dinner with a St. Georges Park coach last week who is a friend of Waynes and he told me that he will have the badge required for the Champ by Christmas and it was an accelerated course like the Player2Coach scheme.

Going to add this into the original post now before someone picks me up on it ?

27 minutes ago, chadlad said:

Totally agree with all that other than the gardening leave bit as I am not sure his sponsor would continue to pay him under those circumstances ?

30 minutes ago, chadlad said:

Totally concur with your thoughts just the gardening leave bit would be a no goer IMHO as we would then be paying two managers concurrently....seeing as we can't afford to pay off Rooney's contract now and get a replacement in then it wouldn't be viable. Bum. 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Totally concur with your thoughts just the gardening leave bit would be a no goer IMHO as we would then be paying two managers concurrently....seeing as we can't afford to pay off Rooney's contract now and get a replacement in then it wouldn't be viable. Bum. 

Echo, echo, echo ?

42 minutes ago, chadlad said:

Using your logic there would never be any new managers and we would just keep taking them off the merry go round.

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We would have to continue to pay WR but if we promote from within there may be no increase in the total salary bill