Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Charlotte Ram said:

The most in demand senior business managers are turnaround experts who can take a basket case and rescue it, and the same is true of football clubs, e.g. who you gonna call?  "Neil Warnock" who is never out of work

Therefore I say this is a win/win for WR, if he keeps us up he will be in great demand, if we get relegated  everyone will say what did you expect the club was a basket case. 

The ability to manage on a shoestring budget is a very saleable commodity, therefore Wayne will not quit he is learning very valuable lessons at the moment which whatever happens will help in his career and for what it is worth the match against Man U did not harm his reputation. 

I am not sure failing again this season, on top of last season's debacle will enhance Wazza's reputation one little bit...

4 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

You again missed the gist of a post, which was that it is the owners of clubs who decide on managerial appointments and not armchair experts, and that what WR is doing now is trying to turnaround a basket case, which is great experience for his future managerial prospects. I am sorry if the logic in my post confused you, and for the record I do not mind long words, only if they are used in a post to obfuscate any content.

I don't think I did - you gave two simplistic scenarios, if Rooney keeps us up then he's an astute manager, if he doesn't then no one can blame him cos he had a crap squad to manage.

There's more grey than those two limited black and white outcomes. In my opinion of course.

14 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't think I did - you gave two simplistic scenarios, if Rooney keeps us up then he's an astute manager, if he doesn't then no one can blame him cos he had a crap squad to manage.

There's more grey than those two limited black and white outcomes. In my opinion of course.

Noticed that in Clarkson’s Farm, Jeremy named one of his 2 rams Wayne (the other one was Leonardo deCaprio). Leonardo is still going strong but Wayne lasted just 2 years before giving up the ghost. 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Noticed that in Clarkson’s Farm, Jeremy named one of his 2 rams Wayne (the other one was Leonardo deCaprio). Leonardo is still going strong but Wayne lasted just 2 years before giving up the ghost. 

Well he's already lasted longer than that. What a strange thing for you to put.

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Today's happy news about players of professional standing and us signing five free agent players has a fringe benefit, we can all remind Roymac5 that this is Rooney's squad now, as, last season's woes were all to do with Cocu's squad and st Wayne didn't choose them.

Whatever. I don't have a problem with that - excepting Cocu had Martin and we've still not replaced him. As I've said more than once...if Rooney doesn't do well with a preseason and with picking his players (although that bit is also debatable, more who he can get! :D) then remind me all you like. He deserves a chance as much as Cocu did. What good will that do Derby I don't know but carry on...

Edited by RoyMac5

18 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Today's happy news about players of professional standing and us signing five free agent players has a fringe benefit, we can all remind Roymac5 that this is Rooney's squad now, as, last season's woes were all to do with Cocu's squad and st Wayne didn't choose them.

not wishing to stick up for WR too much but I still don't see that the current situation enables him to actually have his own squad.  His hands are still very tied

9 minutes ago, Spanish said:

not wishing to stick up for WR too much but I still don't see that the current situation enables him to actually have his own squad.  His hands are still very tied

It was a joke dig at RoyMac, he got the joke I think) but yeah, the reality is the squad is still going to be pretty rubbish and we know it's not the squad WR or anyone else would really want.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It was a joke dig at RoyMac, he got the joke I think) but yeah, the reality is the squad is still going to be pretty rubbish and we know it's not the squad WR or anyone else would really want.

But doesn’t that go for most managers, especially in the lower leagues. Don’t the good Managers get the most out of what they have got…

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But doesn’t that go for most managers, especially in the lower leagues. Don’t the good Managers get the most out of what they have got…

It doesn’t apply to most managers. How many managers in the Championship will be trying to recruit under the same restrictions as Rooney. Also, I agree, a good manager gets the best out of what they have got but, that is limited by the actual quality of players available.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It doesn’t apply to most managers. How many managers in the Championship will be trying to recruit under the same restrictions as Rooney. Also, I agree, a good manager gets the best out of what they have got but, that is limited by the actual quality of players available.

With 5 additions that squad should be competitive next season don’t you think? Cocu got a similar squad a 10th place finish. Wazza should aim for the same this coming season…

30 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes there are some positions that aren't really close to the quality of two seasons ago. But there's still plenty of time for us to get players in (hopefully).

27 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

With 5 additions that squad should be competitive next season don’t you think? Cocu got a similar squad a 10th place finish. Wazza should aim for the same this coming season…

You really think only 5 additions..? I can’t think of 6 players that we currently have that are good enough to challenge for 10th spot. 

57 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Because he had better players than Wayne has available this season ? Maybe?

Martin, Waggy, Marriott, Huddlestone, Bielik, Bogle etc etc etc and of course the greatest ever English striker a certain Wayne Rooney…

Martin agreed, always rated him and he would shade it over CKR. Cocu didn’t play Marriott did he and Bielik was injured wasn’t he? Thought Wazza had Bielik for more games last season. Jury out on Hudders and I really rate Byrne so not much to choose between him and Bogle. Not sure who etc etc are ??

23 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Martin agreed, always rated him and he would shade it over CKR. Cocu didn’t play Marriott did he and Bielik was injured wasn’t he? Thought Wazza had Bielik for more games last season. Jury out on Hudders and I really rate Byrne so not much to choose between him and Bogle. Not sure who etc etc are ??

Come on Cocu had a far bigger squad to pick from. Rooney has just had kids on the bench