Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know it's stupid to judge things based on one pre-season game but parts of this rant have been left over from last season.

I've just realised there was a time last season when we had three people at the club vastly more qualified and suitable for the manager role than Rooney. Mac, Wassall and even Bowyer. This club is ridiculous. It's obvious Rooney is un-sackable until we have a new owner.

A decent or at least experienced manager, someone with a history of using low quality players at the bottom end of the division would at least give us more of a chance. To me it looks like Rooney is more interested in getting better as a manager for his individual benefit. Him trying to be the one who finally gets the best out of Morrison is a prime example of this. He's not in it for the money so why would he be bothered doing the boring stuff that would benefit the club? He clearly isn't willing to listen to advice from more experienced people after the way he banished Mac, instead he just surrounds himself with yes men. He's un-sackable and I think he knows it.

If we're accepting we're going to be in a relegation battle next season and we have low quality players we should do what other clubs in this situation do, be less of a footballing side, play more direct, simple etc. Like Burnley have been doing for years in the PL. Instead it just feels like we're part of Rooney's Football Manager career. 

I'd have a lot of respect for him if he would step aside without asking for a pay-off (he doesn't need the money), and just let someone with relegation experience come in to give us some sort of chance.

Edited by DCFC Kicks

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Like the first bit of this interview very much. #COYR

Rooney: I won't walk away from Derby | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

He's got nowhere to go either though Roy.

Walk away and he has no successful managerial record to speak of at the present time.

Like any other manager,he'd be on his way if a better offer came along.

I doubt that lamps would have been offered the Chelsea post if we had just avoided relegation when he was in charge.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Walk away and he has no successful managerial record to speak of at the present time.

Like any other manager,he'd be on his way is a better offer came along.

Utter nonsense.

EVERYONE in football knows what an utter mess Derby are in. We've not got a pot to piss in, taken away by the EFL. No-one with any knowledge of the game will blame Rooney.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Utter nonsense.

EVERYONE in football knows what an utter mess Derby are in. We've not got a pot to piss in, taken away by the EFL. No-one with any knowledge of the game will blame Rooney.

They won't take him on with his current record either ...at best he's in neutral territory with those sympathetic towards him with our club in its death throws.

He needs to succeed at a club before the big clubs will want him and let's be honest,that's what Wayne's after.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Utter nonsense.

Yep, totally agree Macca. Wazza, the Manager, can’t take any responsibility at all for results and performances on the pitch. I know that is the case at all other clubs but more fool them. Love your positivity during these difficult times, keep it up #COYR ???

4 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Absolute shambles,Rooney's not been backed and Mel's setting him up to fail

Really couldn't blame him if he walked away

If he did tho,bang goes his compensation which he would be seeking if his contract was terminated by the club in the future.

He'd be mad just to walk without anywhere else to go or a financial restitution solution in place.

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Like any other manager,he'd be on his way if a better offer came along.

I doubt that lamps would have been offered the Chelsea post if we had just avoided relegation when he was in charge.

If he fails here it will damage his career but it won’t be terminal. 

He’ll have two options, one is go to Manure or Everton and do some coaching and wait for another managerial opportunity to arise. He can say he didn’t stand a chance at Derby and he’s learned in the time being.

It’ll take time but someone will take a punt on him eventually, if only for his name.

The other option is (ironically) take the celebrity circus to Salford, his mates would offer him the position as long as he’s prepared to go down there.

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

He’ll have two options, one is go to Manure or Everton and do some coaching and wait for another managerial opportunity to arise. He can say he didn’t stand a chance at Derby and he’s learned in the time being.

It’ll take time but someone will take a punt on him eventually, if only for his name.

The other option is (ironically) take the celebrity circus to Salford, his mates would offer him the position as long as he’s prepared to go down there.

Most likely he's waiting to see if the new owners do come in and hopefully rescue the situation and his reputation with cash and new players......

If it doesn't happen asap.then he's back in the position I've described...he can't walk away without losing serious potential compo,so he'd need the next club to make up for it (not a problem for man u or city,less so for Salford).

9 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Doubt it, they have a Manager with experience ?

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Most likely he's waiting to see if the new owners do come in and hopefully rescue the situation and his reputation with cash and new players......

If it doesn't happen asap.then he's back in the position I've described...he can't walk away without losing serious potential compo,so he'd need the next club to make up for it (not a problem for man u or city,less so for Salford).

I don't think,with the money Rooney has,that compo is a factor,people would be saying he walked away from a club in turmoil, he stays,we get relegated and still comes out of it with some credability as being shown a battler for trying to survive in the championship with the poor squad/finances people knew the club was in before the season even started