Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

With 5 additions that squad should be competitive next season don’t you think? Cocu got a similar squad a 10th place finish. Wazza should aim for the same this coming season…

Hopefully but it doesn't alter the fact most, if not all, other managers in the championship will not be trying th recruit under the same restrictions. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

You really think only 5 additions..? I can’t think of 6 players that we currently have that are good enough to challenge for 10th spot. 

I think 5 additions is a good shout TBH. I can easily think of 6 players good enough to challenge for 10th spot (IMO of course)

Marshall/Roos, Byrne, Buchanan, Forsyth, Davis, Shinnie, CKR, Jozwiak, Lawrence, Bielik (sooner the better obviously)

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Come on Cocu had a far bigger squad to pick from. Rooney has just had kids on the bench

Really ? seem to remember 9 academy players on the pitch during the 90 mins in the away defeat at WBA that season. What cert first choice players did Cocu have that Wazza didn’t have last season? Bielik played more for Wazza too.

35 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

I think 5 additions is a good shout TBH. I can easily think of 6 players good enough to challenge for 10th spot (IMO of course)

Marshall/Roos, Byrne, Buchanan, Forsyth, Davis, Shinnie, CKR, Jozwiak, Lawrence, Bielik (sooner the better obviously)

You are living in a fantasy land if you think that Marshall/Roos, Fozzy, Davis, CKR, Jowviak and Lawrence are top 6 players. 

29 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Really ? seem to remember 9 academy players on the pitch during the 90 mins in the away defeat at WBA that season. What cert first choice players did Cocu have that Wazza didn’t have last season? Bielik played more for Wazza too.

Yes that was one game. But over the season Cocu had a squad full of senior players to choose from. Bennett, Malone, Jozefzoon, Marriott, Bogle, Holmes, Evans, Huddlestone, Dowell, Keogh, Lowe, Paterson. All of those players played a role that season. It's clear Cocu had better and more options to choose from which allowed him to take the team to a respectable 10th placed finish. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Martin agreed, always rated him and he would shade it over CKR. Cocu didn’t play Marriott did he and Bielik was injured wasn’t he? Thought Wazza had Bielik for more games last season. Jury out on Hudders and I really rate Byrne so not much to choose between him and Bogle. Not sure who etc etc are ??

Marriott played 37 games for Cocu that season, most from the bench but doenst alter the fact he had him to pick if he wanted.  Just the strikers alone, Cocu had Rooney, Martin, Waghorn, Marriott, Bennett and Whittaker to pick from, Rooney currently has CKR…..

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

You are living in a fantasy land if you think that Marshall/Roos, Fozzy, Davis, CKR, Jowviak and Lawrence are top 6 players. 

I was responding to your comment:

You really think only 5 additions..? I can’t think of 6 players that we currently have that are good enough to challenge for 10th spot. 

All those IMO are capable of challenging for 10th spot. Of course the 5 brought in are key too.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But did they though. How many full internationals do we still have in the squad, even now. Maybe we need someone to get the most out of them..

Full internationals….?? A dodgy Scottish goalie with wrists like poppadoms, more relegations than wins in his career and responsible for the most embarrassing moment of the Euros and a winger who played for the worst Polish team I have seen in years….

1 hour ago, 1967Ram said:

I was responding to your comment:

All those IMO are capable of challenging for 10th spot. Of course the 5 brought in are key too.

Like I said. Fantasy land.