Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Using your logic there would never be any new managers and we would just keep taking them off the merry go round.

Not really, I think the idea would be new managers learned their trade lower down the leagues…..

30 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

He's currently doing his B Licence under the Player2Coach initiative, will have his UEFA B by end of year.

*Edit 

I may have the specifics wrong, but he's working on a course it may be the FA Level 3 (UEFA B) or the FA Level 4 (UEFA A) that he's doing, and the Player2coach seems to be a BAME course, but had dinner with a St. Georges Park coach last week who is a friend of Waynes and he told me that he will have the badge required for the Champ by Christmas and it was an accelerated course like the Player2Coach scheme.

Assuming he passes. ?

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why bother playing a 'blame game'? Perhaps he's making the point that he needs players to put out on the pitch? Some signings!

Afterall it wasn't long after his comments about the embargo and efl that we got some movement from the efl.

The players hear what he is saying in the media. They need to hear him say: ‘sure there are challenges. But we have some fabulously talented youngsters as well as highly experienced players in the squad. And at our best we’ll be a match for absolutely anyone in this league.’

And the players need to get that message direct from him as well. If the players hear him complaining about the squad, their heads are in completely the wrong place from the first minute of the first game. Half the manager’s job is about motivating the players and we need to see him doing that. 

completely get it if he wants to complain to Mel and Pearce about where we are. But those are conversations behind closed doors 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

The players hear what he is saying in the media. They need to hear him say: ‘sure there are challenges. But we have some fabulously talented youngsters as well as highly experienced players in the squad. And at our best we’ll be a match for absolutely anyone in this league.’

And the players need to get that message direct from him as well. If the players hear him complaining about the squad, their heads are in completely the wrong place from the first minute of the first game. Half the manager’s job is about motivating the players and we need to see him doing that. 

completely get it if he wants to complain to Mel and Pearce about where we are. But those are conversations behind closed doors 

The players aren't stupid. They know we can't start a season like this,

Also the players on trial certainly need to hear this. 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Perhaps they could try listening in training too? ?

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Except last time he complained to the media about the EFL it seemed to have some effect. Maybe he has more 'clout' than Mel?

Ok, first of all I want to thank those that have respected the mods wishes over the Rooney photos, they have been acting on the forum guidelines which I put in place and what they moderate to.

Now Google ads help towards the funding of this forum, they have their guidelines which I must respect to show their ads on the forum in return for money which helps cover costs to stay online. 

The forum is that large now, we cannot stay online without creating revenue through adverts. No adverts no forum it’s as simple as that.

Over the years we have had several warnings, some of which threatening over nudity and other things, warnings which have been over content which we felt was ok to leave up at the time.

For example we had to remove the photos from Conehead John’s sons operations where stitches were showing as it was classed as sensitive content, go look, you won’t see any of those images and that was particularly tough job explaining to John privately. We’ve had pictures of bikinis that have also had to be removed, nothing more than you would see in a tabloid newspaper that is also funded by Google ads.

The truth is, us “small” websites are under a different set of guidelines than the big sites that generate double figure million clicks a month. 

It’s frustrating and equally frustrating when members do not appreciate that it’s not the moderators being overly aggressive with the moderation, be it remove humour or in this case protect Rooney. 

I can tell you now for a fact as I have just read the discussion in the moderation room before posting this, they have removed the photos due to Google and they acted correctly and have just thanked them.

I have not been in contact with them all day and have only signed into the admin panel to verify new members.

This was a scheduled day off for myself and had no intention of coming online, but here we are in another daily episode of being a Derby County fan.

Now this might sound harsh, but if any member cannot respect that we are under strict Google guidelines and the photos cannot be posted, please just sign out, take a few days to try and understand.

This forum is used by many fans, fans that can respect and understand our position whilst also appreciating the platform we offer, I will not and have instructed the moderators not to let anything jeopardise the future of this forum which I fully intend it to have.

Finally, I have said to the moderators just now, we can allow you to discuss the situation, that is fine, but you must not post the photos. 

Whilst this isn’t to protect Rooney, please also respect our rule regarding profanity towards ANYONE connected to the club, be it the cleaner, kit man or manager. 

?

3 minutes ago, David said:

Ok, first of all I want to thank those that have respected the mods wishes over the Rooney photos, they have been acting on the forum guidelines which I put in place and what they moderate to.

Now Google ads help towards the funding of this forum, they have their guidelines which I must respect to show their ads on the forum in return for money which helps cover costs to stay online. 

The forum is that large now, we cannot stay online without creating revenue through adverts. No adverts no forum it’s as simple as that.

Over the years we have had several warnings, some of which threatening over nudity and other things, warnings which have been over content which we felt was ok to leave up at the time.

For example we had to remove the photos from Conehead John’s sons operations where stitches were showing as it was classed as sensitive content, go look, you won’t see any of those images and that was particularly tough job explaining to John privately. We’ve had pictures of bikinis that have also had to be removed, nothing more than you would see in a tabloid newspaper that is also funded by Google ads.

The truth is, us “small” websites are under a different set of guidelines than the big sites that generate double figure million clicks a month. 

It’s frustrating and equally frustrating when members do not appreciate that it’s not the moderators being overly aggressive with the moderation, be it remove humour or in this case protect Rooney. 

I can tell you now for a fact as I have just read the discussion in the moderation room before posting this, they have removed the photos due to Google and they acted correctly and have just thanked them.

I have not been in contact with them all day and have only signed into the admin panel to verify new members.

This was a scheduled day off for myself and had no intention of coming online, but here we are in another daily episode of being a Derby County fan.

Now this might sound harsh, but if any member cannot respect that we are under strict Google guidelines and the photos cannot be posted, please just sign out, take a few days to try and understand.

This forum is used by many fans, fans that can respect and understand our position whilst also appreciating the platform we offer, I will not and have instructed the moderators not to let anything jeopardise the future of this forum which I fully intend it to have.

Finally, I have said to the moderators just now, we can allow you to discuss the situation, that is fine, but you must not post the photos. 

Whilst this isn’t to protect Rooney, please also respect our rule regarding profanity towards ANYONE connected to the club, be it the cleaner, kit man or manager. 

?

A naive question but is it obvious which pictures are ‘google risky’

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Probably not. I mean you all know we have a no nudity rule but still posted them (not you personally)

If I was to say builders arse crack would trigger a warning, you can probably guess.

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

For safety's sake I'd leave them all off. The ones we've been warned about are 100% safe for work, not even a nipple on display. And frankly if you want to see them you don't need a degree in computer science to find them. 

42 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not really, I think the idea would be new managers learned their trade lower down the leagues…..

How though if there are people already at the clubs that are more experienced than the ones learning their trade?

1 minute ago, David said:

Probably not. I mean you all know we have a no nudity rule but still posted them (not you personally)

If I was to say builders arse crack would trigger a warning, you can probably guess.

Ah this is about offensive photos that may result in google taking this site of the approved list for ads.  Sorry for being dense I initially thought it was some sort of copyright infringement  ? doh

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

Ah this is about offensive photos that may result in google taking this site of the approved list for ads.  Sorry for being dense I initially thought it was some sort of copyright infringement  ? doh

No worries, no this is Google and their you can’t be looking at this type of image nonsense.

It’s super frustrating, one of the big warnings was through an image I posted that became a thing, older members would remember the “barmaid”, I mean it’s so over the top and they have all kinds of ai and robots to detect the images, we’re permanently on their naughty step it feels like.

12 minutes ago, David said:

No worries, no this is Google and their you can’t be looking at this type of image nonsense.

It’s super frustrating, one of the big warnings was through an image I posted that became a thing, older members would remember the “barmaid”, I mean it’s so over the top and they have all kinds of ai and robots to detect the images, we’re permanently on their naughty step it feels like.

Google, to Derby County websites as the EFL is to Derby County.