Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

image.gif.086b354692c3ce472587c34c41280de6.gif

He is putting on a bit of weight. He could be a sub! He could even stay next to the technical area, and just kick the ball when it comes nearby.

Or, he could go round the pitch giving tactical instructions - because it will be harder for the players to hear him from the touchline now that we are going to have large crowds cheering us on.

52 minutes ago, Malty said:

Has anyone seen MacLaren anywhere near the club in the last, say, 4 months.

Personally I think he came in and gave a bit of advice and then left and hasn’t come back. He’s not doing anything other than been paid as a consultant once in a while. I’m not ITK, I just think that’s all there is to it.

I assumed that he had gone. I didn't dare ask!

Now that coronavirus restrictions are being lifted ... can we not tell them to shake hands, apologise, and promise to be friends and play nicely in the sandpit?

It should absolutely be a priority for the board to ensure that Rooney and Maclaren are working effectively.

If we are still paying Cocu and his team, cannot that they do something useful too?

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Q) So that (walking away) has never crossed your mind bearing in my mind this is your first job as a manager?

Rooney: No. Listen, this is a job I love doing, and I want to do it for a long time, and it is a challenge. Not everything is ideal. Gary Bowyer (Salford City manager) hasn't got a training ground, everyone has got different problems, different issues. All I can do is face them head on and make sure I prepare the team as best I can.

Is this a real quote? Did we get beaten by a team that does not have a training ground?

PS. I know that it is pre-season! In any case, don't forget, we are still shaking off the effect of not having a full pre-season in 1888.

17 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

To explain my post: Rooney is revving up the blame game (“I don’t have a squad, what can I do?”) to protect his brand and enhance his future career as a manager.

What I’m saying  is, he’d do himself more credit if he simply said: ‘I’m in the middle of a poo storm. But you know what, I’m focused on one thing, getting the best out of the players on the pitch. “  What the silly chap doesn’t realise is: saying that, and acting it out, is how he best protects his brand. It’s also how he gets the best out of the players. Anything else is self interested treachery that damages our club. 

I hope that you're wrong! He cannot lead the players if he's thinking like that.

I don't mind him moaning on camera ... if he is energising the players with his passion and commitment.

His job is give the team what it needs to win more matches than we lose, whatever the squad.

(I do think that there is a format in media interviews, where excuses have to be given, etc. So, I sincerely hope that the players are in no doubt about his commitment - and if he cannot get players in - and he genuinely feels that he needs more strength - then he should use other assets like Maclaren.)

11 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Is this all in your imagination or do you have some actual information?

I think I said I’m not “in the know”. But in case I wasn’t clear, I’m not ITK. 

I would be interested if anyone did actually know if Steve Mac is around anywhere.

16 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If he did tho,bang goes his compensation which he would be seeking if his contract was terminated by the club in the future.

He'd be mad just to walk without anywhere else to go or a financial restitution solution in place.

Do you really think that the multi millionaire global superstar Wayne Rooney is worried in the slightest about a few hundred thousand compensation….? He could earn that in a morning shooting an advert for fairy liquid. 

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Do you really think that the multi millionaire global superstar Wayne Rooney is worried in the slightest about a few hundred thousand compensation….? He could earn that in a morning shooting an advert for fairy liquid. 

He once tried to palm Olive but Popeye punched him on the nose. 

14 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

To explain my post: Rooney is revving up the blame game (“I don’t have a squad, what can I do?”) to protect his brand and enhance his future career as a manager.

What I’m saying  is, he’d do himself more credit if he simply said: ‘I’m in the middle of a poo storm. But you know what, I’m focused on one thing, getting the best out of the players on the pitch. “  What the silly chap doesn’t realise is: saying that, and acting it out, is how he best protects his brand. It’s also how he gets the best out of the players. Anything else is self interested treachery that damages our club. 

Why bother playing a 'blame game'? Perhaps he's making the point that he needs players to put out on the pitch? Some signings!

Afterall it wasn't long after his comments about the embargo and efl that we got some movement from the efl.

Edited by RoyMac5

30 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think everyone associated with Rooney would tell him to walk away from the job. He's gaining absolutely nothing from this and it's only going to get worse for him. 

Anyone with a brain would've walked, I suppose that's half the issue. 

Would do us a favour too. Could put the groundsman in charge and achieve the same results.