Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It absolutely would be.

I think you are too young to make that statement....

In the 1980's they couldn't get anywhere near selling out OT for games because they hadn't won owt for many a year,  I think it was 1989 when we won 2-1, Goddard and Saunders, that there were about 35k in OT, at least 7k were Derby, the capacity was close to 50k due to terracing

1 minute ago, Rich84 said:

In the 1980's they couldn't get anywhere near selling out OT for games because they hadn't won owt for many a year,  I think it was 1989 when we won 2-1, Goddard and Saunders, that there were about 35k in OT, at least 7k were Derby, the capacity was close to 50k due to terracing

I still maintain their away support would be one of the best, if not the best, in the country.

I've been a vocal critic of Rooney in the past and scoffed at claims that he was supposedly loyal to the club,pointing out that he had,had no offers to turn down in any case.

But now he has,from Everton no less and yet he still chose to turn it down in favour of finishing the job with our disaster strewn,train wreck of a club.

Fair play to him for both his loyalty and also his ability to unite and motivate the players during this  ****storm.

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

38 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Liverpool always took/take huge away followings. If they didn't get in their end they'd be in ours. Tbf united never not sell out an away end either. 

39 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I still maintain their away support would be one of the best, if not the best, in the country.

The point I was making is that when they are poo their support ain't that great, which was relative to the comment you originally replied to, no clubs is and they are no exception, not talking after 2 or 3 seasons out of the top flight, but a decade..... 

You have never known anything other than the Sky fuelled joke that football has become over the last 25 years.

21 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Don’t tar the proper supporters with the same brush as the plastics. 

Us plastics have to stick together ?

I know that there are many Manchester based United fans, but it's also true that they get many from all over the country, and indeed world. We could do with their pulling power in these dark times.

3 hours ago, Rich84 said:

Day of the Hillsborough disaster. The first time I’d seen us win at Old Trafford then the news came through about Hillsborough it made a happy day into a very sad day.