Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vardy is suing Rooney. It's for Vardy to prove on the balance of probabilities that Rooney's tweet was libellous and/or defamatory and thus damaging to Vardy's reputation, image etc. Rooney's objective is to show that either her tweet was reasonable, accurate on the balance of probabilities, and/or was not damaging to Vardy's reputation etc. 

25 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Vardy is suing Rooney. It's for Vardy to prove on the balance of probabilities that Rooney's tweet was libellous and/or defamatory and thus damaging to Vardy's reputation, image etc. Rooney's objective is to show that either her tweet was reasonable, accurate on the balance of probabilities, and/or was not damaging to Vardy's reputation etc. 

I think it's also the case in civil cases that the judge has a fair bit of discretion about the verdict based on the balance of probability e.g. if it's "a bit of both, but slightly B more than A who is in the wrong" the judgment will say that and a lot less money changes hands than if it's "yeah, A is in the right, B pays costs and large damages" even if in both scenarios A. "won"

Happy for anyone with a better understanding to correct me if I've got that worng/say it better than I said it.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

44 minutes ago, Crewton said:

With the lack of evidence due to coastline photography and disposal of laptops the most likely way for Rooney to win the case is to prove that Vardy's reputation is beyond damaging anyway. Luckily both Vardy, her (missing in action) agent and her lawyer seem to be helping that case on a daily basis.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Must be nearly time to 'do some football'? Is Wayne up next?

Wayne Rooney on the stand this afternoon I think. 

After a long hard season of cross examination by radio derby I'm confident he'll dismiss the barristers with the steadfast and fearless baring he's shown throughout his time at DCFC.

"Well, you'll have to ask Mr Morris."

41 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think Colleen has handled the situation well so far , and come across as a credible witness. Let’s hope Wazza doesn’t Duck it up this afternoon on the stand.

Not to sure our Wayne is giving evidence?‍♀️

From the BBC

"Mrs Rooney's brother, Joe McLoughlin and her husband Wayne's agent Paul Stretford are also due to give evidence on Monday"

46 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think Colleen has handled the situation well so far , and come across as a credible witness. Let’s hope Wazza doesn’t Duck it up this afternoon on the stand.

All credit to the Wife, she was 110% committed to uncovering who done it.

8 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So how will Wayne show he is chuffed as he walks into court tomorrow? Black file covered in sequinned rams? Sombrero? Beard shaved off as he vowed not to shave until this point? First time doing bounce? CK badge? 

How about doing a Melania Trump with a big fck the EFL on the back of his jacket.

17 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

All credit to the Wife, she was 110% committed to uncovering who done it.

Either way you look at this both of them should be embarrassed with themselves and should never have got to a court case,wasting precious court time and god knows how much money they have both wasted in the mean time

7 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Either way you look at this both of them should be embarrassed with themselves and should never have got to a court case,wasting precious court time and god knows how much money they have both wasted in the mean time

Errr Coleen didn't want to go to Court, she tried to get it settled before now - Vardy is the one pushing all this crap.