Rooney in or out poll (again)

Andicis

Should Rooney stay or go?   

297 members have voted

1. 1. Rooney in or Rooney out?

• Rooney in
    • Rooney out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/21 at 18:55

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

Don’t buy into that, look at some of the teams above us and tell me they’ve got better players than Derby.

True but tell me what teams above us have had them teams together for more than 1 season. We’ve got a team that are put together by two different coaches over 1 season with all the crap that gone on behind the scenes. Give him a chance that’s all I’m saying 

16 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

It’s not necessarily behind the scenes, it’s the touchline instructions and better subs that we need. 

You’re probably right but surely they’re working on these changes in training, granted Rooney made it too soon tonight and that probably cost us the game but I can’t see changing it now benefiting us it’s too late we just need to pray to the gypsy gods. 

I've been a Rooney in man since he took over, I don't like changing managers every 5 mins and if you appoint a young manager you have to give him the time to grow into the role.

That said, if we do get relegated then I'd be all for a clearing the decks, players and staff alike.  So voted out based on the fact I think we're doomed.

I voted out. Its more in hope wassall or mac see's out the last 4 games and gets us points. But to be fair i dont blame him. Who wouldnt take the job if you were him. He's a novice dropped out of a helicopter and expected to manage this team. We have been a mess for years and this has been coming. Voting out is more in hope of a miracle because i dont see it with him in charge 

I suppose he better see the season out at this stage. 

Whether we stay up or not, sack him as soon as the season finishes. He can learn how to be a manager and endlessly tinker with formations and line-ups as much as he wants somewhere else.

From what I have seen I doubt he will be a successful manager anywhere to be honest. 

I don't know whether that puts me in the Rooney In, or Rooney Out, camp for the purpose of this poll.

As much as I wanted Rooney to succeed.

If the clubs relegated, Rooney will have to go.

He hasnt given me the impression he's capable of promoting the club in one season.

A clear out of the team would have to happen.

Quality manager and players would have to be bought in.

Derby would require a team, at least as competent as Peterborough or hull to escape league 1.

In. 

My fairy tale outcome would be:

Rooney to develop his managerial skills next season, securing promotion from League 1; followed by promotion to the Premier League within a year or two! 

And with Rooney sticking with Derby for twenty years, bringing oodles of international success; and a statue erected to Mel outside the ground to show gratitude for his visionary appointments.

I would mind that outcome! ?

PS. I was sure that the bottle of wine that I bought this afternoon said that it was alcohol-free.

18 minutes ago, rammieib said:

If we win on Tuesday, we should do a new poll. Sticking it up half an hour after the game is going to create such false results.

Hard not to do a poll after a loss due to our recent form, to be fair. 

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

In. It’s too late to change anything, and anyone thinking Mac isn’t contributing massively already behind the scenes and he’d magically save us is delusional. He’d of been playing a much bigger part behind the scenes for months helping with tactics etc.  

but it was part of his job remit that he would not get involved in first team tactics. 

Archived