Rooney in or out poll (again)

Andicis

Should Rooney stay or go?   

297 members have voted

1. 1. Rooney in or Rooney out?

• Rooney in
    • Rooney out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/21 at 18:55

16 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Why is it always 'Rooney out' 'cocu out' all the time. Can you not see that years of mismanagement and now a threadbare squad is the reason why we are here.

You can't just keep changing the manager expecting drastically different results. There are bigger problems at the club. We've had two managers this season and we're not miles different, that tells you that the team isn't good.

This lies firmly at the door of Mel Morris.

still have to find the right one though.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

what have the last 30 odd games been then if not an opportunity for Wayne?

And also the 60 odd games Cocu had in charge, is that not an adequate opportunity? 

You tell me. Rooney has had no preseason and one January window. 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You tell me. Rooney has had no preseason and one January window. 

but he has had 30 odd games in charge, and we're barely any further up the table than when he first started.

not just that, but the football on the whole has been terrible to watch. And he has consistently failed to get the best out of many of our players.

13 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

but he has had 30 odd games in charge, and we're barely any further up the table than when he first started.

not just that, but the football on the whole has been terrible to watch. And he has consistently failed to get the best out of many of our players.

You saw what happened when we played more attacking against Blackburn.

It was good to watch but we still lost. Why? Because we don't have the quality at the top end of the pitch to score loads of goals, and we don't have the quality at the back to be able to keep goals out when we are so open.

I honestly don't think there's a great deal more Rooney can do with this lot. 

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Our short period of success this season was built on clean sheets, being solid and nicking the old goal.

All of a sudden that's gone and suprise surprise we lose games. Because we don't have the attacking quality.

13 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

It was good to watch but we still lost. Why? Because we don't have the quality at the top end of the pitch to score loads of goals, and we don't have the quality at the back to be able to keep goals out when we are so open.

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Our short period of success this season was built on clean sheets, being solid and nicking the old goal.

All of a sudden that's gone and suprise surprise we lose games. Because we don't have the attacking quality.

but there goals weren't from us being too open, they were from mistakes.  Wisdom falling over himself, and whoever thought it was a good idea to put Lawrence marking their best attacker at corners.

34 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Nor that great in the middle of the park...

53 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

One of the most concerning things after relegation concerns is the regression of the young players.

I haven't voted. I understand why the question has been asked. I can't put the blame fully on Rooney and make him the fallguy. Yes, I think he has some blame for our position but the players are the ones who have made the mistakes, missed the sitters and bottled it on too many occasions. He has not told them to do that. The blame cannot be fully on Rooney as the squad just isn't good enough. Also the situation he took over from after Cocu was an absolute clusterduck..... 

At the minute, I don't know how to feel about Rooney and whether he should stay or go. 

25 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

but there goals weren't from us being too open, they were from mistakes.  Wisdom falling over himself, and whoever thought it was a good idea to put Lawrence marking their best attacker at corners.

You're not wrong, but the goals were coming. Marshall pulled off 2 or 3 really good saves before wisdom fell over the ball. We could not deal with being open at the back.

1 minute ago, RamontheMoor said:

I haven't voted. I understand why the question has been asked. I can't put the blame fully on Rooney and make him the fallguy. Yes, I think he has some blame for our position but the players are the ones who have made the mistakes, missed the sitters and bottled it on too many occasions. He has not told them to do that. The blame cannot be fully on Rooney as the squad just isn't good enough. Also the situation he took over from after Cocu was an absolute clusterduck..... 

At the minute, I don't know how to feel about Rooney and whether he should stay or go. 

Good enough to go top of the form table though. 

You can argue that was Beilik, but they still picked up a decent amount of points after his injury. 

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Good enough to go top of the form table though. 

You can argue that was Beilik, but they still picked up a decent amount of points after his injury. 

And one of the signs of not being good enough (and youth for that matter) is lack of consistency.

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And one of the signs of not being good enough (and youth for that matter) is lack of consistency.

Yeah you’re right, they are all poo and taking us down 

Am I doing this right? 

Shame their performance history doesn’t exactly tally with this theory.

So we are fingers crossed hoping Rotherham don't get too many points and we scrape 4th bottom. Wasn't so long ago we had signed England's all-time leading goalscorer, looking at promotion and being a cash rich foreign play thing with a few even speculating if Rafa Benitez (of Real, Liverpool, Chelsea and Inter fame) could possibly be convinced to sign up for the project ???

They do say its better to shoot for the stars and fail...but we are taking the biscuit. 

Archived