Rooney in or out poll (again)

Andicis

Should Rooney stay or go?   

297 members have voted

1. 1. Rooney in or Rooney out?

• Rooney in
    • Rooney out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/21 at 18:55

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it always 'Rooney out' 'cocu out' all the time. Can you not see that years of mismanagement and now a threadbare squad is the reason why we are here.

You can't just keep changing the manager expecting drastically different results. There are bigger problems at the club. We've had two managers this season and we're not miles different, that tells you that the team isn't good.

This lies firmly at the door of Mel Morris.

15 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

but it was part of his job remit that he would not get involved in first team tactics. 

That’s what they’re bound to tell us though. Picture it this way, Mac gets brought back for a third spell as manager the attention that would bring to the club and Mel from fans & media would’ve put so much more pressure on the club after sacking Cocu. So the next best thing is give him a fabricated job title, put poster boy Wayne in charge with Mac having more input behind the scenes. Macs days as a “manager” are probably behind him so he takes a nice pay cheque with no limelight and if it goes well he’s helped Wayne make a name for himself as a young up and coming manager and his stock hasn’t changed.

That’s how the script was meant to go anyway.

Incidentally I don’t want Rooney out .

But it’s really hard to take that defeat tonight .

We have 4 games left .

We need to get out of this and Wayne needs to step up as do the players .

I always try to back our current managers 

Rooney was a fantastic player in my eyes .

I am just hoping him and the players can save us from relegation.

Goodnight folks  

15 minutes ago, SecretDave said:

Rooney out for me, I never wanted him as manager in the first place. McClaren as caretaker until the end of the season for me.

The problem here is that Rooney has left us in such a perilous position that it's going to be extremely difficult to get anyone to take us on.

We should have fallen back on Mac much sooner than this,he's dug us out of the mire twice previously,but would be really want to risk any further damage to his reputation by being in charge when we are relegated by no fault of his?

I still think he could rescue us,even with just 4 games left but the club seem to be pursuing the option of changing absolutely nothing and seeing us relegated in a few weeks time.

What a crazy situation to be in.

We're poo but given time, what would he build the squad into? Something that trains ahead of a match to copy the tactics of the opposition?

No thanks. If this season has been a probationary period for Rooney the manager, it's been an abject failure. One long list of gutlessness, timidity and lack of finesse. Bugger off.

He's  unqualified, got an awful record without Bielik in the team and his game management is horrendous. His coaching seems much to leave to be desired as he can't create a balanced team after 30 games in charge and continually look horribly weak at set pieces despite a blind man being able to see that we've been intensely vulnerable in the last 4-5 games. The bigger question was why did we take him on in the first place? He should have been shoved into the reserves for his pathetic attempts at playing this season not given the management role. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

He's  unqualified, got an awful record without Bielik in the team and his game management is horrendous. His coaching seems much to leave to be desired as he can't create a balanced team after 30 games in charge and continually look horribly weak at set pieces despite a blind man being able to see that we've been intensely vulnerable in the last 4-5 games. The bigger question was why did we take him on in the first place? He should have been shoved into the reserves for his pathetic attempts at playing this season not given the management role. 

Must be a good manager.....He’s Englands all time record goal scorer!

You see it all the time. 

Interim manager does well for a handful of games. Gets appointed. Isn't as good as those first few games. 

Doesn't happen 100% of the time, but at least 95%. Turns out that a handful of games isn't enough of a sample size. Who would have thought. 

Get him gone (at the end of the season, regardless of what league we are in). 

The problem is horses for courses.

We need an expert at relegation fighting ... Rooney isn't that.

We need an expert at promoting teams ... Rooney isn't that.

We need an expert at getting the best from players ... Rooney isn't that.

We need an expert at tactics ... Rooney isn't that.

We need an experienced manager at this time ... Rooney isn't that.

We need a manager who is a tactics expert ... Rooney isn't that.

We need a manager who is fa qualified ... Rooney isn't that.

Great players ... don't always make the best managers.

You don't always want to put a leader all the glory, they are unlikely to always live up to that.

You don't always want to compare new managers to former club great managers, its unhelpful.

Truth is though the fans know what they need from a manager at this time and I'm not sure that Rooney best fills that job description.

I'm confident that fans know who would best fit the bill as a replacement manager at this time, if we are under new ownership, it probably is the right time for fans to voice their opinions of who that be.

Any new owner would probably have the funds to bring in a quality manager to change things.

Does any current fan believe that under Rooney even if Derby stay up, the club would be in a position to challenge for promotion next season, even if a new players can be brought in to strengthen the team.

It takes time for new players to work well as a team.

26 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I'm confident that fans know who would best fit the bill as a replacement manager 

The fans (well the majority) didn't want Mac One & later on most wanted nigel pearson.

I wouldn't trust the fans.

We have a fan as an owner & look where that has got us. 

Edit... i do agree with the first part of your post though ?

37 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I'm confident that fans know who would best fit the bill as a replacement manager at this time.....

I’ve no idea who we should want as manager - the club is broken at present and I can’t think of anyone who could walk through the door (or descend from his lofty DoF position if I’m second-guessing your preferred candidate) and sort out the mess we’re currently in (and worse, the mess we’ll be in if/when we go down).
With all the questions hanging over the ownership we’re far from an attractive proposition - and in League One we’ll be screwed even further by the wage cap at the very point we need a rebuild.....

I've not voted as assume the Rooney out option would be an immediate removal. The last thing we need is another period of instability/new ideas for players to have to adapt to so late in the season. I also strongly believe Rooney should own this relegation fight to its conclusion.

Longer term, I don't think he's right for us (and so can't vote Rooney in). Not unreasonably he will want to get to the Prem asap & that smacks of a) wanting to spend a lot on short term fixes to get us up, a strategy which has spectacularly failed since 2015 and b) will jump at the first opportunity to move to a Prem club. This is a particular risk with Rooney given his name & profile that Norwich wouldn't have with Farke, Brentford wouldn't have with Thomas Frank, Swansea with Cooper etc. Basically, its a lose lose situation for us.

In terms of his performance, his record is greatly inflated by having Bielik available (when Cocu didn't) & not having to play himself. His initial pragmatism was well judged but he hasnt been able to move the side beyond that & results inevitably fell away as goals started to leak. Overall, it's been some of the most negative football I've ever seen us play & the possibility of scoring goals has at times felt like an impossible ambition. I've not been happy with the complacency in interviews about the possibility of relegation & not happy with his treatment of the younger players. Frankly, I think he's out of his depth.

Ideal situation would be for a higher ranked club to take a punt on him in the summer (after nauseating write ups from his mates in the media about what a great job he did keeping us up). We get a bit of money in compensation & chance to reset and build. He gets to further his career elsewhere.

Regardless of whether we go down or stay up, I hope these are the last 4 matches he is in charge of us.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

I’ve no idea who we should want as manager - the club is broken at present and I can’t think of anyone who could walk through the door (or descend from his lofty DoF position if I’m second-guessing your preferred candidate) and sort out the mess we’re currently in (and worse, the mess we’ll be in if/when we go down).
With all the questions hanging over the ownership we’re far from an attractive proposition - and in League One we’ll be screwed even further by the wage cap at the very point we need a rebuild.....

If we do go down I wouldn't be averse to approaching Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink to see if he wanted the job. He seems the ambitious sort who might fancy the challenge at a bigger club, knows the division and the players in it, has a record of success at that level, and is already local. Might be a good fit. ?‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

If we do go down I wouldn't be averse to approaching Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink to see if he wanted the job. He seems the ambitious sort who might fancy the challenge at a bigger club, knows the division and the players in it, has a record of success at that level, and is already local. Might be a good fit. ?‍♂️

Not a bad shout - I certaainly think we'll need to be looking for someone with recent experience of managing at that level - fancy football and grand ideas will get us nowhere in League One....

Archived