Rooney in or out poll (again)

Andicis

Should Rooney stay or go?   

297 members have voted

1. 1. Rooney in or Rooney out?

• Rooney in
    • Rooney out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/21 at 18:55

If he does stay he needs to have a good look at the coaching staff - seems he either doesn't trust them or they're simply not very good....I'm sure Shay Given is a nice bloke, but the keepers and defence don't show any progress at all; does Rosenior contribute anything other than his 'huge knowledge' of Championship players? Seems to me that a clear-out is needed - Wayne needs his own people that can work in harmony to move us forward....

As an aside, I thought it was interesting seeing the interview with JFH at Burton - he has someone managing recruitment that he trusts to get on with the job - the bloke has a remit to produce two plans - one for League One and one for LeagueTwo and Jimmy is leaving him to it...I wonder if we've got anything in place if the worst happens? or are those in charge are so convinced we'll be fine that there be a huge panic when the almost inevitable is confirmed?....

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a reason in the PL as a manager you need to wait 30 minutes after a game before you can talk to a referee. Suggest a lot on here who responded to my first post questioning a poll going up immediately after a loss are missing the point completely.

5 hours ago, Gaspode said:

If he does stay he needs to have a good look at the coaching staff - seems he either doesn't trust them or they're simply not very good....I'm sure Shay Given is a nice bloke, but the keepers and defence don't show any progress at all; does Rosenior contribute anything other than his 'huge knowledge' of Championship players? Seems to me that a clear-out is needed - Wayne needs his own people that can work in harmony to move us forward....

As an aside, I thought it was interesting seeing the interview with JFH at Burton - he has someone managing recruitment that he trusts to get on with the job - the bloke has a remit to produce two plans - one for League One and one for LeagueTwo and Jimmy is leaving him to it...I wonder if we've got anything in place if the worst happens? or are those in charge are so convinced we'll be fine that there be a huge panic when the almost inevitable is confirmed?....

He will stay. 

If we stay up he gets another season, we couldn’t afford to get rid even if we want to.

If we get relegated we can’t afford to get rid.

The only scenario he leaves is if he walks away, or does a Lampard.

Not sure how good or bad a job the coaching staff are doing, or if bringing others in would help. He has one of the countries best coaches sat next to him in management hierarchy in Mac and he doesn’t seem to have utilised him.

22 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

He will stay. 

If we stay up he gets another season, we couldn’t afford to get rid even if we want to.

If we get relegated we can’t afford to get rid.

The only scenario he leaves is if he walks away, or does a Lampard.

Not sure how good or bad a job the coaching staff are doing, or if bringing others in would help. He has one of the countries best coaches sat next to him in management hierarchy in Mac and he doesn’t seem to have utilised him.

Weird you should put it on Rooney that he hasn’t utilised Mac - he’s not part of the coaching team and just maybe he doesn’t want to be.....

9 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Weird you should put it on Rooney that he hasn’t utilised Mac - he’s not part of the coaching team and just maybe he doesn’t want to be.....

Of course he doesn’t have to..........although you suggested he should look at his coaches.

Hence why I suggested if it was me I’d ask him for some assistance even if just a short, part time measure just to gives us something extra whilst we are struggling.

Out, too inexperienced for a club in our position. I don't honestly think we could perform worse even without a manager but I hasten to add that I'm not sure if anyone could have done better with this team.

We need stability re ownership and new players quickly.

If we go down and do not get taken over so that we cannot get half decent players, we could be in the bottom few of League 1 at Xmas. I really do wish that I was joking. 

If we stay up and get taken over, we could get ten good players and hit the ground running. With a late run we could make the top six. 

If we stay up and do not get taken over then we are likely to struggle next year. 

If we go down and get taken over then we have a decent chance of getting promoted, probably through the play offs. 

If pigs could fly then pork prices would go up.

On 16/04/2021 at 21:07, Coconut said:

I'm a Rooney Doubter but I'm not a Rooney Outer

80% outer now

Hasn't got a ducking clue how to set up a team, doesn't appear capable of getting ANYTHING out of previously decent attacking players, doesn't seem to have worked on any particular set system so that the players know what they're doing, makes ducking stupid comments in interviews and it doesn't look like he could motivate a dog to lick its own balls.

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Absolutely hilarious that 103 out of 274 voters still think Wazza is the man. Exactly how duckin poor do we need to be to warrant a change I wonder ?‍♂️ 

Mate it may change next season depending on our situation and the League we are in. 

Until then we have to get behind everyone and everything at the Club as it’s in a bad place and I want to back them because I love them and the alternative is worse 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Until then we have to get behind everyone and everything

How's that been working out for us? Sorry mate, I admire your loyalty and normally I'd be begging fellow fans to show patience and extolling the need for stability but Rooney has put a wrecking ball through the club and I literally can't think of a single reason to stick with him. I didn't want him in charge but based on some initially fair returns, I got behind him. Since the demise of Bielik, however, it's been an absolute car wreck and to my mind, it's clear he's not got a clue how to turn this around. I've lost all faith.

Archived