Relegation watch

Spanish

I’m just resigned to it, whatever happens.

I’ll get hammered for it but I confess that I feel little or no connection with the owner or the manager. I support Derby because of what happened 50 years ago.
The only way that will change is if Mel gifts the ground back to us. 

the trouble was there from the moment we got an ego maniac owner who loves the sound of his own voice and arrogantly believed he had all the answers. The evidence was there in all those daft meetings @Boycie had to go to when one man did all the talking, and his executive team just sat there nodding furiously, trying to out brown-nose one another. No one ever had the balls to stand up to the one man tsunami. And we’re still in thrall to him and his daft choices. 

even now, when we can plainly see how the club has been damaged and crippled, there are still those who argue vehemently in support of him and his ill-chosen gaggle of hangers on and opportunists. The only asset that the club still has is that distant echo of Clough, Taylor and the Baseball Ground under floodlights. But maybe it is indeed all becoming ancient and meaningless. It certainly feels like it. This is Derby County in name only. 

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I’ll get hammered for it but I confess that I feel little or no connection with the owner or the manager. I support Derby because of what happened 50 years ago.

the trouble was there from the moment we got an ego maniac owner who loves the sound of his own voice and arrogantly believed he had all the answers. The evidence was there in all those daft meetings @Boycie had to go to when one man did all the talking, and his executive team just sat there nodding furiously, trying to out brown-nose one another. No one ever had the balls to stand up to the one man tsunami. And we’re still in thrall to him and his daft choices. 

even now, when we can plainly see how the club has been damaged and crippled, there are still those who argue vehemently in support of him and his ill-chosen gaggle of hangers on and opportunists. The only asset that the club still has is that distant echo of Clough, Taylor and the Baseball Ground under floodlights. But maybe it is indeed all becoming ancient and meaningless. It certainly feels like it. This is Derby County in name only. 

Put your drink down and go to bed and have a good nights sleep.

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Erm, you do know Norwich have smashed Hudders right? What a time to be a Derby fan!

Currently there is 6 teams below us in the table and none of them can better our goal difference. Its all about points in the bag and not, we have games in hand (you've got to win or draw them them to gain points). I will sleep well tonight. Thank you Norwich for using up all your ammo in tonights game. See you on Saturday when you could be facing your 1st opponents that take 6 points off you this season.

21 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Currently there is 6 teams below us in the table and none of them can better our goal difference. Its all about points in the bag and not, we have games in hand (you've got to win or draw them them to gain points). I will sleep well tonight. Thank you Norwich for using up all your ammo in tonights game. See you on Saturday when you could be facing your 1st opponents that take 6 points off you this season.

I'd check your stats. 

25 minutes ago, RamNut said:

You're just getting old like the rest of us mate.

We saw the best team in the country for 6 or 7 years bitd.

Promotion, Two League titles, European Cup runs, semi-finals, yet Sam Longson ended up pilloried for giving his all to DCFC, a generation later, Lionel got abused for throwing his fortune at his home town club, Mel has done the same, tried to live the dream, failed by the skin of his teeth to take his boyhood club to the promised land of the premiership. Mel watched the Longson/Clough years from the Popside, if he's failed its not for the want of trying.

Keep the faith fella, there'll be another golden era before we're done. ?

These Derby men have tried, they have given us some absolutely brilliant times and some poor times, that is the history of DCFC.

43 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Rotherham have a better goal difference

17 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

You're just getting old like the rest of us mate.

We saw the best team in the country for 6 or 7 years bitd.

Promotion, Two League titles, European Cup runs, semi-finals, yet Sam Longson ended up pilloried for giving his all to DCFC, a generation later, Lionel got abused for throwing his fortune at his home town club, Mel has done the same, tried to live the dream, failed by the skin of his teeth to take his boyhood club to the promised land of the premiership. Mel watched the Longson/Clough years from the Popside, if he's failed its not for the want of trying.

Keep the faith fella, there'll be another golden era before we're done. ?

These Derby men have tried, they have given us some absolutely brilliant times and some poor times, that is the history of DCFC.

It’s okay guys, this time next year I’ll be a millionaire and I’ll give it a go. 

(bookmark this for when I say the same thing next year, and the year after). 

56 minutes ago, Rev said:

I mitre known you'd follow on @Curtains woodwork puns.

If you can't beat em, join em.

Trust me, I am absolutely useless at puns, and when threads descend into pun based chaos, it just makes me feel like a failure at life.

(not even an attempt to sneak one in there). 

Edited by TigerTedd

8 hours ago, StrawHillRam said:

5 of Blackburn’s final 6 games are against relegation candidates. 

They can upset a few apple carts, including their own

Hold on. That doesn’t compute. I’m reliably informed that there are only two relegation candidates. Birmingham and us, apparently. 

rotherham are as good as safe, with all their games in hand. Coventry won their last game, so they’re safe. And because Birmingham drew last night, we’re basically ducked. 

55 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Hold on. That doesn’t compute. I’m reliably informed that there are only two relegation candidates. Birmingham and us, apparently. 

rotherham are as good as safe, with all their games in hand. Coventry won their last game, so they’re safe. And because Birmingham drew last night, we’re basically ducked. 

Tiger, do you look anything like that Tim nice but dim character on Harry Enfield??? I can just hear him speaking your comments. We are in a relegation scrap with a whole host of teams, Rotherham, Brum, Coventry, Huddersfield...even Sheff Wednesday just about. So really we want those all to slip up as much as possible and not just rely on Rotherham to slip up with all the games they have in hand. Not rocket science, just common sense. Agreed......

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Tiger, do you look anything like that Tim nice but dim character on Harry Enfield??? I can just hear him speaking your comments. We are in a relegation scrap with a whole host of teams, Rotherham, Brum, Coventry, Huddersfield...even Sheff Wednesday just about. So really we want those all to slip up as much as possible and not just rely on Rotherham to slip up with all the games they have in hand. Not rocket science, just common sense. Agreed......

200.gif