Relegation watch

Spanish

41 minutes ago, LondonRam2 said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Pathetic display on Tues by all accounts, some chickens I highlighted earlier (loan players lack of commitment, lack of commitment of players who suspect that they'll be shown the door in the summer, the academy lads are great but unused to the rigours of this league) have come home to roost.

All of this is pointing inexorably towards a final day showdown with us needing at least a point from Sheff Wed to stay up.

How low has this once mighty club fallen that we pray for Rotherham of all people to mess up, because we wonder where our own goals and wins will come from in the last 3 games.

Here's my revised suggestion of how the run in may pan out.

Currently we have 43 from 43, Roth have 39 from 41.  They have a much better GD now.

Say we get a point on Sat and they lose to Barnsley then

Rams 44 from 44, Roth 39 from 42. 

They will probably lose to Brentford as well:

Rams 44/44, Roth 39/43

We might get a point v Swansea but they are capable of beating Brum:

Rams 45/45, Roth 42/44

Still not mathematically safe, the tension mounts...

They might get a point v Luton...

Rams 45/45, Roth 43/45

Which leaves us on the last day needing a point to be mathematically safe and hoping that Roth lose or draw.

If we lose and they win, we go down.

If we lose and they draw, we stay up.

If we lose and they lose, we stay up.

If we draw and they win, GD will decide and we go down.

If we draw and they draw, we stay up.

If we draw and they lose, we stay up.

If we win, we stay up no matter what they do.

So out of 9 possible combinations of results only 2 see us go down.  Do we feel lucky?

You've forgotten that if we lose to Sheff Wed on the final day we might go down in place of them, whatever happens to Rotherham.

That would be 4 out of 9!

Edited by AutoWindscreens

1 hour ago, LondonRam2 said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Pathetic display on Tues by all accounts, some chickens I highlighted earlier (loan players lack of commitment, lack of commitment of players who suspect that they'll be shown the door in the summer, the academy lads are great but unused to the rigours of this league) have come home to roost.

All of this is pointing inexorably towards a final day showdown with us needing at least a point from Sheff Wed to stay up.

How low has this once mighty club fallen that we pray for Rotherham of all people to mess up, because we wonder where our own goals and wins will come from in the last 3 games.

Here's my revised suggestion of how the run in may pan out.

Currently we have 43 from 43, Roth have 39 from 41.  They have a much better GD now.

Say we get a point on Sat and they lose to Barnsley then

Rams 44 from 44, Roth 39 from 42. 

They will probably lose to Brentford as well:

Rams 44/44, Roth 39/43

We might get a point v Swansea but they are capable of beating Brum:

Rams 45/45, Roth 42/44

Still not mathematically safe, the tension mounts...

They might get a point v Luton...

Rams 45/45, Roth 43/45

Which leaves us on the last day needing a point to be mathematically safe and hoping that Roth lose or draw.

If we lose and they win, we go down.

If we lose and they draw, we stay up.

If we lose and they lose, we stay up.

If we draw and they win, GD will decide and we go down.

If we draw and they draw, we stay up.

If we draw and they lose, we stay up.

If we win, we stay up no matter what they do.

So out of 9 possible combinations of results only 2 see us go down.  Do we feel lucky?

As far as I'm concerned Sheffield Wednesday are our main threat at the moment. If we play like we did at Preston we won't be beating Brum or Swansea. The red dogs could then very well send us down if they decide to roll over and get their bellies tickled by Wednesday, which would leave our players needing to find some motivation from somewhere to actually give a crap about trying to beat Wednesday on the final day of the season.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

As far as I'm concerned Sheffield Wednesday are our main threat at the moment. If we play like we did at Preston we won't be beating Brum or Swansea. The red dogs could then very well send us down if they decide to roll over and get their bellies tickled by Wednesday, which would leave our players needing to find some motivation from somewhere to actually give a crap about trying to beat Wednesday on the final day of the season.

Aye. If I was a gambling man my money would be on them owls to stay up.

Barnsley15:00Rotherham United

Blackburn Rovers15:00Huddersfield Town

Cardiff City15:00Wycombe Wanderers

Middlesbrough15:00Sheffield Wednesday

4 (5) home wins please

Wycombe failure to win relegates them and they are;

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

Barnsley15:00Rotherham United

Blackburn Rovers15:00Huddersfield Town

Cardiff City15:00Wycombe Wanderers

Middlesbrough15:00Sheffield Wednesday

4 (5) home wins please

Wycombe failure to win relegates them and they are;

If we get those 5 home wins it'll be the best weekend since away at Ipswich under Cox.

Unbelievably gutted today.  2 more soft goals to add to our huge collection this season.

The only saving grace is the equally bad performances by the teams below us, so despite this debacle things are essentially unchanged with only 2 games to go, and in fact, bizarrely, it could actually be argued that we are in a slightly better position than we were at 3pm.

Rams 43/44, Roth 39/42

Let's assume for a moment that they will lose to Brentford and Brum as we will to Swansea.

Rams 43/45, Roth 39/44

However, they could sneak a point against Luton.

Rams 43/45, Roth 40/45

Which would bring us, as I said before, to a final day showdown in which (fortunately) any permutation except a Rotherham win plus a Rams loss would see us staying up.  The tension mounts...

Reading v Swansea tomorrow is a big game.  It will decide whether they have to beat us or not next week.  If it goes the Swans way I can see us getting a result next week (I will accept not criticism for being positive)

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Reading v Swansea tomorrow is a big game.  It will decide whether they have to beat us or not next week.  If it goes the Swans way I can see us getting a result next week (I will accept not criticism for being positive)

Can the manager of today's first half pick the team against the Swans?