Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

22 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

We are now the lowest scoring team in the division, something Rooney &co should have addressed in the January window.

They did though, they brought in Roberts and Gregory. We've had a strike force of Waghorn, Gregory and CKR for most of Rooney's time. They're not world beaters by any means but they're still average Championship standard. Certainly not the worst in the division. Blame the managers tactics for the lack of goals, not them.

13 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

They did though, they brought in Roberts and Gregory. We've had a strike force of Waghorn, Gregory and CKR for most of Rooney's time. They're not world beaters by any means but they're still average Championship standard. Certainly not the worst in the division. Blame the managers tactics for the lack of goals, not them.

Roberts was obviously not match fit, but looks sharper now. Gregory has scored goals and now he can't - I blame Rooney! ? Waghorn looked lively and ran around, so much so he did his hammy - I blame Rooney. ? Colin played on with an injection - I blame Rooney. ?

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Roberts was obviously not match fit, but looks sharper now. Gregory has scored goals and now he can't - I blame Rooney! ? Waghorn looked lively and ran around, so much so he did his hammy - I blame Rooney. ? Colin played on with an injection - I blame Rooney. ?

Did you not see in my post where I put "most of Rooney's time"?

Those injuries have only happened in the last 3 or so games, what about the 20+ games they were available?

18 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I think one of the most frustrating stats relating to goal return is the conversion rate of our shots on target, that is how many shots on target we need before one goes in. We actually have the lowest conversion rate in the division at 0.19, where league average is 0.27. Related to this is the stat that opposition goalkeepers have an average of a 77.5% save percentage when playing against us, highest opposition save percentage in the division and higher than the individual save percentage of all goalkeepers save for Tim Krul, who is a massive outlier at over 80%. 

We actually have an about average number of shots per game (14th), with an only slightly below average percentage of those shots being on target (16th), but an absurdly below average amount of those shots on target resulting in goals.

7 minutes ago, JfR said:

I think one of the most frustrating stats relating to goal return is the conversion rate of our shots on target, that is how many shots on target we need before one goes in. We actually have the lowest conversion rate in the division at 0.19, where league average is 0.27. Related to this is the stat that opposition goalkeepers have an average of a 77.5% save percentage when playing against us, highest opposition save percentage in the division and higher than the individual save percentage of all goalkeepers save for Tim Krul, who is a massive outlier at over 80%. 

We actually have an about average number of shots per game (14th), with an only slightly below average percentage of those shots being on target (16th), but an absurdly below average amount of those shots on target resulting in goals.

Do you know the stat for how many of our shots are/aren't from inside the box? and how they compare to other teams?

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Still longer than Rooney and more opportunity to spend - when Rooney's had the £xmillion that Bielik cost come back then! ?

Said this on another thread.... It's not clear whether Bielik's transfer was already in the pipeline or whether it was instigated by Cocu.

Either way, compare performances and results with Bielik in the team and out of it. Whatever he cost, he's worth it. The points we gained while he was in the team will, hopefully, be enough to keep us in this division.

4 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Do you know the stat for how many of our shots are/aren't from inside the box? and how they compare to other teams?

Shots within the entirety of the penalty area aren't particularly high: 268 shots, which is 19th of 24 where the average is about 293.
Having said that, we're 8th for shots from within the 6-yard box, with 42 of our 268 penalty box shots being taken from that area, so the shots we are taking from within the area are generally ones that are higher quality chances. Different models use different stats, but I know xG modellers tend to average a shot from this area as about a 1 in 3 chance of goal (shots from the 18-yard box tend to be about 1 in 8 and outside the box about 1 in 33, so you could consider a shot from within 6 yards as 2.5x as valuable as a shot from within 18 yards).

1 hour ago, JfR said:

Shots within the entirety of the penalty area aren't particularly high: 268 shots, which is 19th of 24 where the average is about 293.
Having said that, we're 8th for shots from within the 6-yard box, with 42 of our 268 penalty box shots being taken from that area, so the shots we are taking from within the area are generally ones that are higher quality chances. Different models use different stats, but I know xG modellers tend to average a shot from this area as about a 1 in 3 chance of goal (shots from the 18-yard box tend to be about 1 in 8 and outside the box about 1 in 33, so you could consider a shot from within 6 yards as 2.5x as valuable as a shot from within 18 yards).

If we're having that many shots, why is our xG so low? I've looked at 3 different sources and they have us at 19th, 21st and 21st. Could it be our shots have been when the opposition have many players behind the ball to block? I can't think of many times our players have had clear cut chances or been 1 on 1 with the keeper. Or are most our shots headers? aren't headers generally less accurate?

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

We are now the lowest scoring team in the division, something Rooney &co should have addressed in the January window.

2 hours ago, DCFClks said:

More to the point why can it only be addressed in January? There is way more he can do tactically to get us on the front foot and scoring some goals, regardless of players.