Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

9 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

If we're having that many shots, why is our xG so low? I've looked at 3 different sources and they have us at 19th, 21st and 21st. Could it be our shots have been when the opposition have many players behind the ball to block? I can't think of many times our players have had clear cut chances or been 1 on 1 with the keeper. Or are most our shots headers? aren't headers generally less accurate?

basically just means the shots we're having are of a poor quality, with little percentage of scoring from them. 

20 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

If we're having that many shots, why is our xG so low? I've looked at 3 different sources and they have us at 19th, 21st and 21st. Could it be our shots have been when the opposition have many players behind the ball to block? I can't think of many times our players have had clear cut chances or been 1 on 1 with the keeper. Or are most our shots headers? aren't headers generally less accurate?

Maybe thats the answer as we aren't creating or carving out good opportunities as you allude to that statistically a team would be far more likely to score from then a random potshot from outside of the area.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Maybe thats the answer as we aren't creating or carving out good opportunities as you allude to that statistically a team would be far more likely to score from then a random potshot from outside of the area.

Or maybe the players finishing them aren't good enough. Colin should have scored against Blackburn...etc

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or maybe the players finishing them aren't good enough. Colin should have scored against Blackburn...etc

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Its goals expected though isn't that the metric? So if the quality of chance was good then that's the measure or am I missing something. 

It doesn't matter what you say, I've realised over the last few day's @RoyMac5 will never blame Rooney for anything?. Rooney could literally sub himself on and intentionally score an own goal and @RoyMac5would blame the keeper for not saving it. I'm beginning to suspect Wayne's hacked his account.??

Just now, DCFClks said:

It doesn't matter what you say, I've realised over the last few day's @RoyMac5 will never blame Rooney for anything?. Rooney could literally sub himself on and intentionally score an own goal and @RoyMac5would blame the keeper for not saving it. I'm beginning to suspect Wayne's hacked his account.??

Hyperbolic nonsense. ? ?

The nonsense is fans not actually supporting the team .. some on here really do want us to go down sadly..

I just support my team and will cheer them on for every minute of every game and hope that they perform as they can and get us safe ASAP.  

13 minutes ago, Yani P said:

The nonsense is fans not actually supporting the team .. some on here really do want us to go down sadly..

I just support my team and will cheer them on for every minute of every game and hope that they perform as they can and get us safe ASAP.  

Sadly that’s baalocks, you can support the team 100% whilst at the same time recognise we are in the poo and mistakes have been made...

1 hour ago, DCFClks said:

We're not really having that many shots, all things considered. I agree, our chance creation isn't brilliant, but if we're 19th for xGF, which are the statistics I'm looking at, then we're underperforming by being the lowest scorers in the league. Infogol gives our xGF as 44.4, meaning we've missed or had saved or had blocked 15 goals worth of chances (considering that xG doesn't account for own goals). That's an awful lot of waste. I might go through the missed attempts considered "Big Chances" over the season and see why they didn't go in. We're about in line with our xGA for goals conceded (48 goals from an xG of 48.6), and that record is top half of the table for xGA. I'm not saying we should be blazing up the league, but these stats suggest we should have scored more goals from the attacking play that we have had.

It's also probably worth noting that some teams, Preston and Rotherham perhaps most clearly, have received a lot of penalties this season, and this has boosted their xGF quite a bit (most xG models use an xG of around 0.78 for a penalty). Take away their 7 and 8 penalties awarded, and their xGF from general play drops below our's, suggesting that they've been fortunate that the opposition have been so foul happy in the area (and perhaps that referees have been kind to them in giving as many penalties as they have done; yes I am still bitter about the other night).

17 minutes ago, JfR said:

It's also probably worth noting that some teams, Preston and Rotherham perhaps most clearly, have received a lot of penalties this season, and this has boosted their xGF quite a bit (most xG models use an xG of around 0.78 for a penalty). Take away their 7 and 8 penalties awarded, and their xGF from general play drops below our's, suggesting that they've been fortunate that the opposition have been so foul happy in the area (and perhaps that referees have been kind to them in giving as many penalties as they have done; yes I am still bitter about the other night).

So we need to learn how to fall over more convincingly?

Does anyone know if Franny Lee is up for a bit of coaching?

25 minutes ago, JfR said:

if you create more and get into good areas in the penalty area, you are more likely to get some penalties so unfortunately i can see why they have more than us. 

Edited by Chris_Martin

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

if you create more and get into good areas in the penalty area, you are more likely to get some penalties so unfortunately i can see why they have more than us. 

The thing is, their xGF from general play would suggest they're not getting into good areas, they're actually doing worse at getting into good areas than we are, but for some reason they're getting more penalties than we are.