Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Yes I agree. I think that the injuries to so many and the inconsistencies of others have left us with little chance of building a stable team this season.

I thought we built a stable team at the start of Rooney's tenure.

Marshall, Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Buchanan, Bielik, Shinnie, Knight, Jozwiak, Waghorn, Kazim Richards.

We went on that good run and picked up results. It all seemed to go tits up when we moved away from that team and started making lots of changes. The 4-0 at Cardiff possibly being the turning point. We went away from the group of players that got us out of the relegation zone and started complicating things. 

Just now, Rammy03 said:

I thought we built a stable team at the start of Rooney's tenure.

Marshall, Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Buchanan, Bielik, Shinnie, Knight, Jozwiak, Waghorn, Kazim Richards.

We went on that good run and picked up results. It all seemed to go tits up when we moved away from that team and started making lots of changes. The 4-0 at Cardiff possibly being the turning point. We went away from the group of players that got us out of the relegation zone and started complicating things. 

It was going tits up before the Cardiff game....

7 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I virtually guarantee you'll watch Jozwiak tear up some game playing in a different team

Virtually? So not too confident that’ll happen. One game or consistently? Awful decision maker, greedy, weak and the thing that bothers me more is him squealing and rolling around every time he gets tackled I dont want that at our club. I watched the game on the Blackburn iFollow and the commentators where fuming at his antics. 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

That argument doesn't hold water for me. 

Let's say we finish 21st and Rotherham finish 22nd. Do you think Rotherham fans won't have their own list of games where they "deserved" to get something? 

Over 46 matches you end up where you should. I can understand a complaint about a decision in a playoff or a cup final. But if you are down at the bottom of the league, it's because you haven't performed across the season. 

I thought you said in your earlier post we had been unlucky in relative terms ? I think we have .. not by a great degree and we are we are are on the balance of luck, skill and whatever else. It does go both ways for all sides - I always remember that Tom Lawrence header after Bennett’s cross in the dieing  moments - that was one where we were flipping lucky but the number of games where 1 goal has been key and we have had the rough end this season ? . The balance hasn’t been with us .. but .. hey it could swing the other way in the next 4 games and parity willl be restored

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It was going tits up before the Cardiff game....

Tha Cardiff game was a worrying sign of things - struck me as the managment starting to get nervous about things. I thought it was a clumsy and nieve move to reast so many and so obviously be telling Coventry "we are playing this team against you and we're quite worried"

We then lost to bloody Cov anyway.

33 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

We have the more gifted individuals, but do they/can they play as a team?

But what does a manager/coach do if not make gifted individuals play as a team?

35 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

I actually think our squad and players are not as good as we think they are or some of them think themselves to be.

I'm not saying they're good, but surely they're at least better than relegation.

37 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

Rooney has been a big disappointment in how he has managed this side over the past couple of months, but I don't think anybody else would have extracted a whole lot more out of this squad

How can Rooney be a disappointment if you don't think anyone else could get better out the team? That doesn't make sense. Wouldn't that just make you content with Rooney? I just have to disagree, I think another manager would get more out of them. How many clubs in our position in the past, sack a manager and need someone to come in and save them from relegation, hire a complete unqualified novice? it's unheard of. Other clubs in this situation would hire an experienced manager to hopefully see them through. I believe if we went for someone like Mick McCarthy (who's previously got the best out of Lawrence and Waghorn at Ipswich) he'd would do enough to keep us up.

Rooney play's worse football than anyone else in the league and for me has shown no tactical nous what so ever. Even teams with mostly league 1 players like Rotherham play better. Would it not even be worth a Mac all or nothing gamble? he's had instant results before.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Tha Cardiff game was a worrying sign of things - struck me as the managment starting to get nervous about things. I thought it was a clumsy and nieve move to reast so many and so obviously be telling Coventry "we are playing this team against you and we're quite worried"

We then lost to bloody Cov anyway.

Not the only manager to 'rest' players (especially reasonable in the current conditions) to have it go a bit wobbly.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Except for he picked the squad. ? ? #COYR

And Rooney brought in five.....I'll buy it that the loans were not exactly Rooney's top picks, but, I will also account that Cocu didn't exactly get the backing of some previous Derby managers - the club not willing to pay to keep players Cocu wanted to keep for example.