Match Thread - Blackburn Rovers v Derby County - Friday 16th April, 6pm

i-Ram

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, angieram said:

I have kept the faith with this side all season but I am now resigned to the fact that they haven't got the resilience to stay up.

There is too little intent despite all the neat football, and our error-strewn defence makes it almost impossible for us to hang on to a lead.

Cheer up - the world has gone to pot and so long as we are all around things can Improve - I think we will survive this season and regardless their is a lot of work to be done in the summer.

Just now, Sheikh n Bake said:

The only reason WR still has a job is because the fans aren't in the stadium to express their feelings. The results don't lie. 

Did you see the quality on the bench? Never mind who we had to put on the pitch to start. Try Specsavers.

1 minute ago, DJFern94 said:

That's the point, we need to develop one, otherwise we will be heading down to league one and before we know it we will be the bottom of that league and not scoring till Christmas. 

Do you think we can develop an identity in the four remaining games when we don't even know which players will be around? 

I think it's too late for that. Our only hope now is that we somehow win our last two games of the season. I don't think we will and reckon we're down, but now is not the time to try and establish an identity or style of play. We just need to battle to the end of the season and hope somehow we can scrape together enough points and the teams around us also flop.

By the way, however bad we are now, not scoring until Christmas is just ludicrous. 

3 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Their only threat was Armstrong. Marshall won that battle. Some really good football but we need to put games to bed. Ebosele PACE PACE PACE start the lad don’t give him 5 minutes. Every defender is scared of pace. I can’t even have a drink yet ?

And our own centre half

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Another absolutely gutless interview from Ed Dawes. Goes to complete jelly when he interviews Rooney. 

Soft questioning with even softer answers. 

What's to be said? What were you wanting to hear?!

Just now, derbydaz22 said:

How do you blame Rooney for defenders switching off? If we defend properly we win that game.

I didn't blame Rooney for Wisdom tripping over his shoelaces. And not too in the mood to talk "ifs" "buts" and "maybes" again tonight, getting old fast when we are losing every week. Rooney is  ultimately responsible for the team, not each individual action of each individual player, but ofc the buck rests with him come season end. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Really? Get away. We aren't toss and Rooney hasn't had 46 games.

The team has had 46 games and we are currently staring down the barrel of relegation. 

Nobody is ever going to convince me that we have been anything other than abject this season across both managers. 

The only thing keeping us out of the drop zone right now is Rotherham's games in hand and a bit of a purple patch when Rooney first arrived. 

1 minute ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

The only reason WR still has a job is because the fans aren't in the stadium to express their feelings. The results don't lie. 

If fans were in the ground I am extremely confident we would have another ten points on the board - the covid situation has hurt us massively more than a lot of other clubs. 

Going to take me until Tuesday’s game to get over that one!! Wow! Tough one to take tonight it really is. Unlucky in attack, on another day we will score 4 creating the chances we created. We have to keep doing this, playing the same way to have any chance of staying up.

But the goals we conceded were horrendous and the game management was woeful. That’s what lost us the game regardless of the decisions. 

Im always optimistic but my optimism is hanging by a thread. We have to beat Preston and Birmingham now if we don’t want to be relying on other teams. Anything less then it will go to the last day, if we don’t win either of them then its looking very bleak.

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

I have kept the faith with this side all season but I am now resigned to the fact that they haven't got the resilience to stay up.

There is too little intent despite all the neat football, and our error-strewn defence makes it almost impossible for us to hang on to a lead.

This is the most depressing post of the night.

All season I have relied on you to be positive and the voice of reason. And now this.

Please keep going. This forum, nay, this club needs you.

12 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

People can't complain about the penalty decision, that hasn't cost us the game, we were in a position to win the game, its our inability to defend thats cost us, not refereeing decisions 

nothing to do with defending,its the total inability to score more than one

It's the utter lack of will that is in this team that is doing my head in. They have the ability to stay up. They just won't though. That's what's pissing me off.

If we go down I'll look forward to next season like I look forward to every new season and be safe in the knowledge we've got a large amount of these to duck off.

And if we don't, lets just hope we still get most of the squad to duck.

Archived