Match Thread - Blackburn Rovers v Derby County - Friday 16th April, 6pm

i-Ram

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I don't care how well we played. We lost. This has been the pattern for the entire season. We don't take our chances and we offer up easy ones to the opposition which regularly costs us football matches. 

You said we didn't make the opposition work for the win. Their keeper 100% had to work for their points.

Only consolation I can find is at least the blackburn supporters seem to know that it was a stonewall penalty as well. God knows what the ref thought. 

Nice bunch, commenting we are the worst team in league and anyone else would have beat them. Can't disagree with them unfortunately!!

3 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Despondent tonight. Truly a clown club. 29 year old owner who talks of Champions League football while we're staring down the barrel of League One football. You just couldn't write it. First time tonight I am doubting Rooney's ability to keep us up. 

How do you blame Rooney for defenders switching off? If we defend properly we win that game.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

For goodness sake, I don't imagine for ONE second he's doing this. He's trying to remove the pressure from the players.

I’m not asking him to come out and say he’s terrified about the real chance of going down.

There’s a middle ground between that and saying “we’ll be fine” every time. The blasé nature of it may be to try and remove the pressure psychologically, but if anything it’s doing the opposite on the pitch.

Played pretty well once again but hoe many soft goals do we gift the opposition. 1st goal we should have never let their player win the vorner in the first place then the defending on a set piece is awful once again. 2nd goal, what the hell is Wisdom doing, why is he even coming back inside? He is so slow on the ball, absolute liability. Marshall should do better as well but he made plenty of other saves to keep us in it.

Going forward we played some lovely stuff. That all stopped once CKR came ok and we tried to be more direct. Some decent saves from their goalie, unlucky to hit the post and then how that isnt a pen i do not know. Yes people can say we cant blame or rely on refs etc etc but if we won that pen and scored it that point could have been massive for us to stay up and also a late goal would breed confidence in the next game.

Bad luck and a soft underbelly, coupled with a low product attack only spells one thing. We looked lovely with our passing in the first half but it’s all irrelevant if you p-ss away the usual two goals. It’s only going one way isn’t it.. 

Just now, Ramos said:

Penalty or not at the end you get the luck you earn and this football club has sunk to an even new low this season. Deserve relegation. 

We've not had a lot of luck. We were a slight bounce or two away from Roberts and others going through in the box. The ref was lenient which didn't help us. We don't deserve relegation. I reckon if we'd been lucky and been able to keep Gregory fit he'd have scored a couple - he knows where to be.

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Only consolation I can find is at least the blackburn supporters seem to know that it was a stonewall penalty as well. God knows what the ref thought. 

Nice bunch, commenting we are the worst team in league and anyone else would have beat them. Can't disagree with them unfortunately!!

Yet the penalty would have given us the draw (cos Shinnie would have scored!)?

Archived